50 photos of sliding interior doors. Let's tell you which structures exist and which material to choose. We will tell about all the pros and cons and how to make such doors with your own hands and install them yourself.
Interior doors can be the most unusual! But the main trend of modernity is sliding. How to make the interior design stylish, original, special with the help of this element - look at our photos.
- Advantages and disadvantages of using sliding doors
- Types of sliding door systems
- Materials for sliding doors
- Sliding partition walls
- Creation and installation of sliding door systems with their own hands
Advantages and disadvantages of using sliding doors
The system of doors in which the canvas (that is, the main part) opens along the wall is called a sliding door.
The system of sliding doors was borrowedDesigners from the Japanese. This is not surprising, because in Japan, where incredibly small territory and high population density, each square meter is worth its weight in gold.
Despite the originality and unfamiliarity,The sliding doors fit tightly into our everyday life. There are a number of good reasons for this, which are the key advantages of using sliding doors:
- In contrast to the swing doors, which occupyAt least one square meter of useful space, sliding doors in the additional space do not need. Thanks to this, even the tiniest apartment will be as comfortable and roomy as possible.
- Number of sheets in the sliding door systemCan vary from one to several, which not only can become an unusual element of interior design, but also an excellent option in terms of functionality, because it is much easier to control and adjust the width of the doorway with such a door system than in the case of swinging doors.
- Sliding doors can serve not only as doors, but also as a multipurpose partition between rooms or zones. Sliding interroom partitions are very relevant for owners Studio apartments Or one-bedroom apartments, where, on the one hand,I do not want to reduce and divide the area of the room, and on the other, one way or another, there is a need for a personal space for each member of the family. At least for a while.
However, like every medal, the sliding door systems have some disadvantages:
- Sliding doors save space nearThe doorway itself (forward or backward), but it is critically important that there is space at the sides of the doors, so that the wing is to be moved away. This space is called "parking". Without the space for "parking" the door leaf (for example, at the end of the corridor), the sliding system simply can not be installed. Even if the parking spaces are hidden in the wall, it is not recommended to install such structures in load-bearing and adjoining walls with neighbors.
- Sliding doors move on rails and rollers,So it's almost impossible to open them without the accompanying sounds and noise. Therefore, it is better not to install such doors in the bedrooms of owners of sensitive sleep and, especially, in children's rooms.
- Prices for sliding door systems are much higher than for standard swing structures due to the cost of the sliding mechanism (especially if it is of high quality).
Types of sliding door systems
Standard sliding doors areA design that is installed in the doorway. The door leaf is not flung open at the same time, but is moved aside and fixed near one of the walls.
Standard sliding doors are of two basic types:
- Single-leaf (with one movable cloth)
- Two-leaved (with two moving canvases)
The first option will be convenient for small rooms with tiny doorways.
If you need to install a door between two small rooms or a room and Corridor, In which every square meter is important, then single-leaf sliding door systems will be ideal for you.
The second option is more suitable for spaciousSpaces with wide doorways. Thanks to this design, you can independently adjust the dimensions of your doorway (which is very important not only in terms of functionality, but also visual perception of the room as a whole).
Radius construction of sliding door systemsAssumes that the door leaf is moved not in a straight line, but in a circle. This option fits perfectly into the non-standard layout of the room, in which there are round or curved walls.
Radius designs are good for bothStylish sliding partitions for zoning space in the room. Especially it will be appropriate to look at creating an interior in the styles of high-tech, minimalism, fusion.
Garmoshki (or as they are also called - collapsibleInterior doors) are a design of several relatively narrow canvases that do not move away, but fold (see photo below). The beauty of this design lies in the fact that the width of the doorway when it is used varies from a narrow slit (for example, so that a cat can sneak into it) to a full-scale spacious passage.
Sliding sliding doors differ from standardThe fact that the construction occupies not only the doorway, but completely replaces the wall. On the one hand, depending on the materials used, this allows you to divide the room into two separate functional areas without a strong visual concealment of space, and on the other - to create two or more cozy personal spaces for each member of the family in the studio apartment or one-bedroom dwelling.
Separation food In the studio apartment with sliding doors-coupe will prevent the spread of smells and steam from the cooking zone throughout the room.
Materials for sliding doors
The most popular materials for the manufacture of sliding door systems today are:
- Fiberboard or MDF
Traditional material for manufacturing is notOnly doors, but also furniture in general, is a tree. In this case, wood can be made as a complete canvas (cloth) of the sliding door system, and a frame for combining with other materials:
- the cloth
Easy wood yielding allowsUse it for interior decoration in almost any style. Want a charming country room? Use non-planed wooden boards! Do you like the interior in classical style? Choose a wooden door leaf of strict shapes. Do you want to create an interior in the style of a shebbie-chic or art deco? Choose a carved wood with forged elements or incrustation. Are you an adherent of the East? Use canvases with a wooden frame and inserts of rice paper.
Fiberboard / MDF
Since wood is not a material of the cheapest,It is possible to replace such materials as fiberboard or MDF. In appearance they are almost impossible to distinguish from natural wood, but the cost is an order of magnitude lower than that of similar products made of natural wood.
Glass sliding doors - greatTo create an interior in the styles of minimalism, futurism or high-tech. Due to the property of the glass to let light in, the glass interior sliding doors do not create a feeling of total closeness of space. Moreover, choosing the degree of color and opacity of the glass for the door leaf, you can choose the degree of transparency (and as a consequence - the integration with the neighboring room) of the interior doors.
Sliding partition walls
Versatility of sliding door systemsAllows them to be used not only as doors in doorways, but also as an element of space zoning. The most common application of zoning in the interior is the zoning of apartments such as a studio and one-bedroom apartments. In this case, it is rather an obvious necessity, rather than a design decision. However, sliding partitions can be used in other cases:
- If in one nursery Different-sex children live or fly different ages, then with the help of a sliding partition you can make two smaller ones from one big children's bedroom.
- If you want to organize in your apartment orHouse wardrobe, and a special room for this is not provided, then with a sliding partition you can separate a part of the bedroom for these purposes.
- A large kitchen can perform not onlyFunctional working area for preparation of dishes, but also a high-grade dining room. The use of sliding partitions will prevent the spread of smells in the kitchen from the cooking zone, as well as hide the "production costs" in the form of dirty dishes, garbage and other things from outside eyes.
- It will be appropriate to use slidingPartitions not only in living quarters, but also in offices, to divide the work space of different employees or the head office and, for example, the meeting hall.
Creation and installation of sliding door systems with their own hands
Thanks to a wide range of products fromManufacturers of building (and not only) materials, almost all the repair stages and future elements of the interior can be created and installed with your own hands. And the online store Leroy Merlin will help in this, not only with the available assortment of materials, but also with their main characteristics.
First of all, decide what type of installation you will use. There are two types:
Overhead. In this case, the guides and rollers are mounted on the wall, outside the doorway. This option is easier to install, but remember that the door leafs in this case will always be in sight.
Built-in. In this case, the sliding mechanism is mounted inside the doorway, and the sheet is pushed into the niches in the walls. This option is more compact, however, a beginner with him to cope, most likely, will not succeed.
Determined with the type of installation, you can think aboutAbove the type of construction of the sliding door system and the material from which it will be made. As already mentioned above, the main types of sliding door designs include standard, radius, cascade (accordion) and coupe.
After the appearance of the future door is thought out and selected, it is necessary to measure the height and width of the installed structure and make a marking for the applied mechanism.
|Door leaf height
(Finished or cut according to the height of the doorway)
(So that the door does not cling to the floor)
|The height of the roller mechanism in assembled condition|
The markings should be applied only with the help of a water level, otherwise your doors may be skewed!
Next is the direct installation of the guide mechanism. The method of attachment depends on its design, so it is desirable to clarify the consultant all the nuances of the installation.
Some designs assume installationGuide not only from above, but from below. In this case, the door leaf will completely occupy space from floor to ceiling and the ability of the door to isolate noise and extraneous sounds will greatly increase.
After the guides are securely fastened,In them rollers are established. For each blade, depending on its width, it will take from one to three rollers. The edges of the guides are blocked with a bracket (so that the rollers do not fly out).
The next stage is the fastening of door leaves to the rollers and the installation of door accessories. All! The door is ready for operation.