What tile is best to choose
None of the most modern finishingmaterial in the design of kitchens and bathrooms have not been able to surpass the traditional tile popularity. Moreover, designers are willing to use this practical material in the interiors of living rooms and bedrooms, and the modern incarnation of the ancient tiles - porcelain tiles adorn public spaces, offices and front walls of the houses. The range of construction and finishing of ceramics in the market is huge, and some tips on how to select a tile for facing the kitchen or bathroom, to help navigate among the many collections of inexpensive domestic tiles to fine ceramics from the famous Western brands, which differ not only in design but also performance.
- 10 reasons for the popularity of tile
- Operating markings on the packaging
- Durability - is not synonymous with quality
- Secrets tile design
10 reasons for the popularity of tile
Tile is unparalleled not onlybecause of the beautiful appearance. After all, along with wood and natural stone it is not very representative of the long list of "healthy" materials that people use without fear in their homes.
Artificially created tile combinesthree natural elements - clay, water and fire, and this is already causing the trust in the eyes of the consumer repeatedly multiplies the list of benefits of ceramic tiles:
- ecological: does not emit noxious fumes, fully complies with international standards and environmental standards;
- hygiene: easy to clean, it does not react to aggressive media detergents;
- high strength, subject to the rules of stacking;
- high moisture resistance and water resistance;
- fire-resistant properties and heat resistance;
- Fire safety: do not burn or support combustion;
- good thermal conductivity: ideal as a floor covering for any "warm floor" system;
- antistatic - "immunity" from electromagnetic fields, thanks to the almost absence of electrical conductivity;
- a wide range of colors and textures, the compatibility of the interior with glass, metal, wood, plastic;
- democratic price.
By the characteristics of the problem is attributed tilethe fragility of the transport and quite a lot of weight, and always considered a fault with the high thermal conductivity of the invention "warm floor" heating system has turned into one of the advantages of building ceramics.
Operating markings on the packaging
With a huge range of universalceramic tiles market can not offer, and deciding which to choose tiles for the bathroom or kitchen, in addition to the exterior design should take into account how much you liked the performance characteristics of the sample correspond to its intended use.
Lots of information can be obtained carefully studied the markings in the form of icons on the packaging tiles.
The image of the foot on a black background iconHe said that the tile is designed for laying on the floor, as if the foot is shown in the shaded background - before you tile increased durability. The image on the marking of the hand means that the tile is only suitable for cladding. Snowflake icon indicates the hardiness of the material. If the same icon on the icon repeated two or three times, it shows the high level of the relevant index.
And for the kitchen and bathroom need a ceramictile with low porosity, able to withstand the effects of moisture and aggressive chemicals - fats, acids, alkalis. For this indicator provides a literal marking on the package and it will help with a high degree of accuracy to decide which one to choose tiles for the floor and walls of the kitchen or bathroom.
- A - tiles with high resistance to water, chemicals and mechanical stress.
- And C - a tile having an average degree of resistance to moisture and chemicals.
- D - are unstable to moisture and chemicals decorative ceramics.
In the bath or basin in the home and the floor and wallsin constant contact with large amounts of water, steam, detergents, as well as reagents for water disinfection, which can stain and destroy glaze ceramics. The kitchen humidity below but higher probability of contact with tiles not only chemically aggressive detergents and acids or fats contained in food. Therefore, for one, and tiles marked with AA should be chosen for another room or, in extreme cases, A.
The wear resistance of ceramic tiles on labeling is denotedRoman numerals I-V and on this indicator requirements for the tile for the kitchen and bath are different. For bathroom and kitchen walls is not necessary to purchase a tile with a high degree of wear resistance, is more important than its resistance to moisture and aggressive environments. But for the kitchen floor it will require a strong, low porosity, chemically resistant tiles usually wear resistance class III.
Durability - is not synonymous with quality
Wear resistance and abrasion resistance is the most important technical characteristics of the tile, which defines its scope of application.
According to the norms of domestic and foreignStandards ceramic wall tiles, depending on the purpose of the traffic space therein, is divided into five classes durability, abbreviated REI corresponding Roman numeral and:
- REI I - floor tiles of the first class for areas with low traffic density, is well suited for bathrooms;
- REI II - tile of the second class is designed for sites with low traffic volume is suitable for premises, except corridors, kitchens, balconies and loggias;
- REI III - third grade tile can be used in the finishing of premises with moderate traffic intensity, no direct access to the street: kitchen, lounge, covered terraces and balconies;
- REI IV - fourth grade tiles for the floor and walls of offices, clinics, hotels and other public spaces, as well as corridors and hallways in flats and houses;
- REI V - Tile fifth grade durabilitysuitable for premises with any degree of intensity of movement, ranging from retail and office centers to manufacturing plants, car dealers, warehouses.
In residential areas, with the exception of the hallway,recommended for finishing flooring is not higher wear resistance class III. The fact that the term "durability class" indicates only one product specification but not an indicator of quality or grade. Suppose in front of you in the range of tiles for the bathroom: what to choose to serve for a long time and cost affordable?
AA Abbreviation icon marking and classthe wear resistance of I-II - for you the perfect option. After putting it on the bathroom floor tile class IV- V durability or resistance to low temperature, you pretty overpay for the product specifications that will never be claimed in the living room.
Ceramic tile of domestic producersThere are three varieties, and there are differences in quality and price between them. On the products of foreign manufacturers do not indicate grade: meaning that only high quality products can get into the hands of the consumer. However, international standards require the packaging label tile top quality labels in red, second-class tiles denote blue marking, and third grade - green.
Secrets tile design
Having analyzed the main technicalcharacteristics of the tiles, be sure to check whether there is on the surface of foreign inclusions products, bubbles, grains, convex, concave, cracks and chips. It is important for the floor bathroom and kitchen, the coating did not slippery.
Important: Matte tiles has a higher coefficient of friction wet or resistance to sliding than glossy. Fans of the brilliant finishing materials suitable glazed tiles - brilliant, but not slippery, by the addition of special salt glaze.
Ill-considered choice of tile color or badchoice of its texture can lead to unpredictable irritating effects. To a small bathroom or kitchen seem more spacious in their finishing materials should be used facing light pastel tones.
The interior of the small room is not recommended to use more than three colors of ceramic tiles - this method also reduces the volume.
Important: A tile with a glossy sheen to visually reduce the volume of the room. If necessary, choose a tile with low reflectivity, ie with a "matte" glaze.
Dirt, stains and limescale lessvisible on the tiles with a grainy surface texture or chromatic. On the glossy surfaces of the veneering ceramic dark and black colors too visible even minor chips and scratches. When choosing the color and texture of the tiles in the bathroom or kitchen, do not forget about practicality.
Competent selection of the necessary technicalcharacteristics of tiles, as well as a carefully considered color scheme can help you without making mistakes and saving money to buy a beautiful and durable tile for the bathroom or kitchen.