How to install baseboard
Plinth - a decorative strip that is installedhorizontally along the floor to the wall interface. This mandatory element of the interior may be made of different materials, but the most popular are wooden and plastic moldings. Their task - to hide cracks and cavities, which are always present at the site of the wall with the floor connection. Install the plinth is not difficult, however, even in this simple fact has its own tricks and nuances. How to nail the baseboard? With what to do? What secrets keeps a normal piece of plastic? Let's analyze in detail these issues.
- What will it take handler?
- Fasten plinth using clips
What will it take handler?
In principle, installation of wooden skirting boards, as well as plastic, basically the same, so the tools we will need the same.
- Roulette - will measure the walls and baseboards
- hacksaw or edging machine
- Hammer or percussion drill - drilling of concrete walls
- ordinary screwdriver or drill - drilling wood and plasterboard walls
- self-tapping screws, dowels
- clip for attaching skirting boards
Fasten plinth using clips
Metal clips - one of the most popular methods of mounting plinths.
This method is good not only because it saves time, but also the fact that the baseboard is always possible to remove, because anything can happen in life.
So, go to action.
- For starters take the clip and press it firmly to the wall and floor. Pencil outline the place where there will be a hole for tapping.
- Now, actually, it is necessary to drillhole. If the wall is concrete, then use the rotary hammer or hammer drill and drywall to take an ordinary screwdriver. In order not to miscalculate the depth, can be identified on the drill length of the screw by means of duct tape, a piece of rubber or cork. Need to drill holes at a distance of about 30 cm from each other, but if the walls are perfectly smooth, and it can be less.
Important: The first hole should be positioned at 10 cm from the casing. The same goes for external and internal corners - clips must be 10 cm from the corner.
- In the next step you need to try on a plinththe wall and make sure it fits in all the places closely. If you find irregularities in these areas is to install additional clip. So you will ensure a perfect fit plinth.
- Cut the plinth using a hacksaw, trimming machines or miter saw.
- Now, we find out how to mount the plinth to the floor,or rather how to install metal clips. Fasten the clips to the wall screwdriver is necessary, but they need to work carefully to screw into the wall he did not go through. The final twist is better ordinary screwdriver, so you do not damage the mount and will not break the head or the threads of the screw. When installing drywall clips to the need to use special dowels. Twists are a simple screwdriver, and already they are screwed screws. Do not make too much effort, otherwise the risk of damage to the drywall multiplied.
Important: in those places where there will be a connector (standard length plinth 2.5 m, and the length of the walls in some apartments a few more, so without this element can not do), you need to install two clips. So you'll get the perfect fit skirting at the joint.
- Check out all the clips for their suitability (whether they are whole, for damage), or at the time of installation, you have to spend time to replace damaged clips.
- Now we go to the main answer to the question of howfasten on a plinth clips. To begin the installation should be a corner of the room. Fingers pressed against the baseboard need with little effort, but the hammers and other tools in this matter is best avoided - plastic can not withstand such loads and simply burst.
- At the end of all the manipulations put caps and admire the beauty!
Plinth floor of plastic are good by the fact that they can simulate any type of wood and the naked eye to distinguish a real piece of wood from the plastic is virtually impossible.
Now you know how to install baseboard and you need to do. Use the tips and live in a nice and cozy apartment.