- Prepare the wall for pasting
- Step One - Get rid of the old wall coverings
- Step Two - plaster the walls and leveling
- Step Three - grinding surface
- Step four - primer
- Sticking wallpaper correctly
- Paper wallpaper
- Vinyl wallpapers
- Non-woven wallpaper
- Wallpaper for painting
- Wallpapering on gypsum plasterboard
- Sticking unusual wallpaper
- papered ceiling
- customized drawing
- sticking Mural
- Where to start and how to glue in the corners
Prepare the wall for pasting
As with any construction business, the first step -This rough preparatory work. Before you do, you need to prepare well your canvas, namely for pasting wall, this will depend on the accuracy and aesthetic appearance of your repair.
Step One - Get rid of the old wall coverings
If you do repairs in just put into operation the new building, this step can be skipped. If the walls have old wallpaper from them will have to get rid of.
It is not recommended to unstick wall on the old wallpaper,as well there is a risk that under the influence of moisture and the adhesive layer is peeled off or an old goes bubbles. In addition, because is difficult to achieve a perfectly flat wall surfaces.
To remove old wallpaper, we need:
- Spatula or knife with a wide blade;
- Rags and sprayers;
- Soap solution.
The process is simple. Rags and sprays should be thoroughly wet wall (soap solution performs the function of the adhesive solvent) and a spatula or knife to remove a layer of old wallpaper. Soaked it will be very easy to withdraw.
Do not forget that the painted wall - alsothe best surface for the new wallpaper layer, so the paint would have to get rid of. Sanding or primer - not the best ways of stripping the surface, use a hair dryer or a construction grinder - a fairly time-consuming and "dirty" cleaning methods, not to mention the fact that you have to paint breathe vapors or dust, which can cause poisoning. The ideal way to remove paint from the walls - a special remover.
After cleaning the walls of the old layer, you can see how the wall is suitable for pasting, which cracks and dimples need to align and putty, and is the second step.
Step Two - plaster the walls and leveling
The second step is entirely dependent on the level of evennesswalls. If the walls are quite curves, then most likely, you will have to resort to the help of professionals who will line the walls of plasterboard or plaster beacons.
Even if the level of the walls normally leavesOnly the very poor surface (eg, it is small bumps, chipped or dimples), without any filler or leveling compound still can not do.
For more information about how to prepare the walls and align them, you can see in this video guide.
Step Three - grinding surface
In order to eventually under a new layer of wallpaperhave not started to appear grains and particles of filler, level surface must be thoroughly sanded. You can do this by using low-energy pressing trowel or grinding-cloth - wide semi-circular movements to eliminate any visible flaws. The remains should be removed with a brush with a long nap.
Step four - primer
It would seem that you can stay in the third step,but for better traction and greater stability filler is necessary also to wash the walls. In this capacity, can be applied either diluted glue for wallpaper or special compactor solution. The primer is applied uniformly to the entire roller surface of the wall and allowed to dry for about a day.
The third and the fourth step is described in detail in the following video:
This preparatory work come to an end, and you can proceed directly to paperhanging.
Sticking wallpaper correctly
No pasting the same algorithm for all kinds of wallpaper, each has its own characteristics and nuances. Let us examine them in detail.
The classic version of the cosmetic finishing of the walls -paper wallpaper. This is an inexpensive, environmentally friendly, breathable material that does not cause particular difficulties in applying. Wallpaper glue paper as follows:
- The roll is rolled on the floor seamy side up, a pencil and a tape mark height of the wall ± 10 cm (error);
- With a knife or scissors, cut the roll into pieces, usually turns out 4 strips on a roll, if it is not necessary to select drawing. If the pattern is on the package, usually a tolerance in centimeters.
- Pencil and tape measure is marked wall to taping was maximally flat.
- Dilute the glue, according to the proportions indicated on the package, and it is uniformly applied to the strip, giving particular attention to the edges. We leave to soak for a few minutes.
- When using a roller neatly striped across the wall without damaging the very sensitive after wetting the paper.
It is important not to overdo the wallpaper on paperbasis, otherwise you run the risk of bubbles and uneven wrapping. The maximum number should be based on the wet wallpaper - 5 minutes, then they need to be quickly stuck on the wall.
During pasting do not forget to close the windows and doors to prevent drafts, because of which the wallpaper may not "take" of the wall due to rapid drying of the adhesive.
Cutting rolls of vinyl wallpaper is nodifferent from the marking of paper, so just repeat the first 2 points of the previous section "Paper wallpaper". In the case of a pattern have glue on one strip, selecting each successive image strips. Further, sticking vinyl wallpaper like this:
- Gruntuem or coat with a thin adhesive layer of the wall under the wallpaper, give to dry for 15-20 minutes;
- We coat the cut strip and apply it to the wall with a roller;
- Subsequent strips unlike paper wallpaper butt applied without imposing one on the other.
All the layers of glue - and on the wall and the wallpaper, you need to apply a very thin layer to be the remains of a roller when rolling out have not been put on the outer surface and have left traces, especially on light-colored wallpaper.
Smooths wallpaper if bubbles appear, it is from the center to the edges.
The final touch will be a trim excess wallpaper at the plinth. Doing this is a sharp blade only when the wallpaper dry out to avoid their "chewing".
Wallpaper on the basis of non-woven glued as well asvinyl wallpaper, only for them do not need promazyvat strip itself, because its structure is already contained binder polymer, are well enough to moisten the wall with special glue.
Wallpaper for painting
Wallpaper for painting are of 2 types - non-wovenor vinyl, so pasting their conduct, according to the above instructions. Before you apply paint give the wallpaper perfectly dry, ideally about a day. Pick up the paint - for interior design house optimal acrylic water-based. They do not give stains, fit perfectly and do not hide the texture of wallpaper.
Wallpapering on gypsum plasterboard
One option for finishing drywallis wallpapering. They are simple, easy and very smooth fall on gypsum plasterboard surface, if the pre-seal the joints between the sheets. However, those who later decides to change the wallpaper, waiting for an unpleasant surprise. Lie down with the pasting they are easy, but dismounted with a layer of drywall, it is desirable to treat the surface before applying the plaster. As for the rest, guided by the type of wallpaper, which you will glue.
Sticking unusual wallpaper
Just want to note, that alone is betterceiling is not glue, especially if you are new in this business. Ceiling prepare as well as the surface walls before pasting, i.e. purify the old layer (paint, whitewash or wallpaper) shpaklyuem irregularities, if any, necessarily and gruntuem surface.
- It is advisable to draw a reference line (the first place band labels), for which you will be guided. To glue the joints of lower visibility, from the window and moving to the opposite wall.
- To facilitate the process of gluing and not washThen glue the head with promazyvanii strips fold snake, about 30-40 cm, to miss the mark folds in contact with each other. And then gradually expand the wallpaper during gluing.
- Aligns and chase bubbles in the applied roll from the center of the strip, moving to the edges.
- Surplus on the wall cut off a sharp blade after drying.
On a note! Before starting work, disconnect the electricity, close the windows and put on clothes with wide pockets with everything you need (roller, knife, rag), not to jump on the ladder of the tool up and down.
How to hang wallpaper with a pattern? There are two options.
- Stick the first sheet on the wall, and when measuring the second to combine drawing directly on a wall;
- Combining the two strips are not glued to the floor and then glued.
It is desirable to glue the strips back to back, so as not to break the pattern geometry.
Mural in the interior - it's not only the originaldesign solution, but also the ability to visually expand the space. With their help, you can "open" a window into the Garden of Eden, full of colors, to create breathtaking views of the cityscape, turn the doorway in the arch of the ceiling, or to change the blue sky with clouds.
Examples of interesting interior solutions with photo wallpapers can be found in the video below:
A few tips for pasting wall photos:
- Gluing Mural better special glue so as not to spoil the very fine linen;
- Pasting them on a perfectly flat, prepared, glazed surface;
- Be sure to mark up the wall surface on centimeters as indicated in the instructions. Getting away from the window. Horizontal and vertical lines should form angles equal to 90 °.
- Cropped white stripes on the edges of wallpapers;
- Promazyvayut part Mural, do not wait, as is the case with other species, once pasted them on the wall.
- Gently smoothes roller and cloth without damaging the delicate surface of the wallpaper.
Where to start and how to glue in the corners
|With respect to the window||In relation to the web wallpaper||With respect to the corners|
|Wallpaper on the ceiling||We begin to glue on the window, moving toward the opposite wall, so that was not noticeable overlaps.||It is best to hang wallpaper on the ceiling, starting from the center and gradually moving towards the edges, so it will be observed symmetry, and the final work will look neater.||From the corners better not to start because there is a risk that the band will go awry.|
|Wallpaper||Typically, glue from the window so as not visible joints.||We begin to glue on the ceiling, but not leveled at the ceiling line, and on the front page of the wallpaper. Therefore, it is important to stick it straight.||
It is not recommended to start pasting when the first band hits the corner. It is better to first painting pasted on a flat area, vymerenny on the level, and then dokleivat angle.
In the future, if the wall is not flat, the corners better to glue the individual cut pieces of wallpaper.
Adhering to these simple rules, you will be able to accurately, quickly, and most importantly high quality, make your own redecorating.