- What is the extractor fan in the kitchen
- The types of extracts
- Classic hood
- Built-in hood
- Dome hood
- Pull-out hood
- island hood
- How to choose a filter for extraction?
- Masloulovitelnye filters
- Activated carbon filters
- Control panel in cooker hoods
- button type control
- A slider control
- Touch control
- The connection to the communications
- With duct
- Without air
- Other selection criteria
What is the extractor fan in the kitchen
At first glance, it may seem that the hood of the thing absolutely useless kitchen. But:
- While cooking can be releasedproducts of combustion, harmful fumes. This is primarily true for gas cookers, because during their operation releases massive amounts of carbon dioxide (and if I had damped burner, the kitchen can quickly fill dangerous for the health of household gas). However, when working with electric stoves pollution and fumes are not less - distinguished soot and grease. And all these evaporation is necessary not only to filter, but completely removed.
- In addition to safety, while cookingfaced with the "aesthetic" nuances - namely odor. Not all products are nice smell while cooking. For example, the fish smell is not only very specific, but for a long time and eats all that is found in its path. But especially the question is relevant to the case, if a pregnant woman living in the home.
About delights of toxicity can talk endlessly,but intolerance of different kinds of smells - one of the most common and unpleasant of its manifestations. So get rid of all odors in the kitchen while cooking in this period - it is very important.
- Fat, soot, fumes deposited on objectsfurniture, walls, ceiling. It spoils the appearance of the kitchen. And if the furniture, household appliances, etc. You can wash, here the walls and ceiling, this will not work - when large quantities of vapor will soon have to make repairs, because even with the rare and short-lived use of plates (especially the gas!) - they turn yellow and become indistinct and ugly shade.
To avoid all of the above, just and necessary hood.
The types of extracts
Common extractor is a mediumthe size of the unit, which is mounted above the hob (gas or electric). It can be positioned both independently and under a variety of subjects kitchen interiorFor example - mounted cabinets. Its main advantage is the most demokratichyaya price of all types of extracts.
Ultra-thin embedded hood is almost negligible. All of its parts are designed so that virtually invisible. This hood is mounted in the cabinet over the stove (in IkeaFor example, you can order a special shelf with a niche for the drawing). Its main advantage - it does not spoil the appearance of the kitchen.
The most relevant embedded extractor for tiny kitchens where every cubic centimeter of space counts.
Dome hood mounted so that it hung over the cooking area (stove). She may be:
- Cylinder shaped
- The cone-shaped
- In parallelepipedic
In addition, the dome drawing are:
Inclined extraction are considered more modern version. Its main advantages that distinguish both professionals and ordinary consumers, it is:
- Actual quiet, compared to the standard flat hood. The sloping hoods engine runs much quieter since it is more perfect from a technical point of view.
- The small size (50 cm) allow to "fit" a hood even in the tiny kitchen.
- In sloping hood touch control and also has the ability to remote control (as a rule).
- The slope of the hood is easy to collect. To build it necessarily cause the experts, it is realistic to make their own hands.
Drawer Hood is also calledtelescopic, as it is thanks to telescopic mechanism they advance above the cooking area. They are tiny and easy to fit even the tiniest gap above the stove. Typically, these hoods are not connected to the duct.
The island hood is mounted in the ceiling above the cooking area. This is important especially in spacious kitchens (For example, in the vast private home), whereisland plan could involve installing a dishwasher in the corner, but a gas or electric stove - in the center of the room. It is very important that the hood was located exactly above the stove. If ceiling very high - range hood should be as powerful as possible.
How to choose a filter for extraction?
Regardless of whether a tap in your ventilation exhaust, or without it, it must be filters.
Masloulovitelnye filters are designed tofiltering of fats and oils that are released during cooking. The fact is that in melted form, they are quite easy, but it's worth it to cool down - oils and fats are transformed into a sticky black varnish with a disgusting smell. It not only spoils the appearance of your wallpaper and ceiling, but also detrimental to the operation of the engine hood. Therefore, to the hood is not stopped its work in a few months, it is necessary to install filters masloulovitelnye. They are:
In the first case, materials such as may be used for the manufacture of filters:
In appearance, these filters resemble a small soft mat. Change them as necessary pollution.
In no case can not be washed disposablesoft masloulovitelny filter! Even for the sake of saving! These synthetic materials after washing, under the influence of water temperature and detergents lose their properties and, thus, you apply only harm your drawing!
In addition to one-off, there are also reusablemasloulovitelnye filters. They do not need to change (only in case of mechanical damage), and they are intended for use throughout the life of the hood.
Externally masloulovitelny reusable filter resembles a metal grate with a plurality of thin mesh layer of foil. It can (and should!) Be washed periodically. For this purpose, it is intended.
Activated carbon filters
The coal-based activated carbon filters lies. It was his absorbing properties are used to purify the air in the kitchen area. The photo below shows a filter.
Carbon filters are also coping with the fat andoils, but their main task - to neutralize odors. The presence of the carbon filter reduces the productive power of the drawing by about twenty percent. And the longer it is, the worse it will circulate the air. Therefore, the average length of the carbon filter operation should be no more than three (maximum - four) months. Although from different manufacturers may have their own recommendations on this subject.
Hoods with activated carbon filter is recommendedoff immediately after the end of the cooking, and leave them running for a few minutes. In this case, all of the filters excess moisture and they will last longer will be removed.
Control panel in cooker hoods
button type control
Historically - the first type of controlextractor hood. Its principle is very simple - each button corresponds to a particular function / operation. Buttons have only one drawback if they are not periodically washed, a layer of fat that had accumulated on them, can lead to the fact that the button will "sticky" and less work.
A slider control
This control is based on the movement ofslider from one position to another. It may be fixed (ie, when there is a certain number of modes), or be smooth (when certain provisions are no modes and can be adjusted in its sole discretion).
The advanced control cooker hoods- Sensory. It involves adjustment of hood operation via the touch screen. Just one touch of the screen in the desired sector, you can adjust the operation of your drawing. However, with such a panel is better not to work with wet or dirty hands.
The connection to the communications
The presence of air determines whether your workhood extractor or as a simple air cleaner. Air outlet can take place in ventilation or directly to the street. In this case, the airflow is much higher, however, along with all unnecessary fumes from the kitchen, especially in the winter, will come and warm.
The more smooth and homogeneous wall of the duct, the better it works.
This hood operates on the principle of air recirculation using filters. This ensures that the heat in the kitchen, but do not completely remove harmful fumes and excess moisture.
Other selection criteria
Rating criteria and expectations when choosing a kitchen hood at each customer their own, but should pay attention to the following points:
1. According to current health standards, there is an indicator of how the multiplicity of air exchange. In short, it is a measure of how often must be completely refreshed the air in a particular room in one hour. It is for each functional area a (see table below). After extraction are not only the kitchen, recently very popular gain extraction in the bathroom, to remove excess moisture from the room. For kitchen ventilation rate should be at least 7 times per hour.
Number of air according to the sanitary standards
Type of lodging
Number of air
In order to understand whether the dealhood with this task, it is necessary to calculate the amount of food (for this purpose we multiply the height of the ceiling in the kitchen area), multiply that number by 7 (the minimum number of air changes per hour, for the convenience can be multiplied by 10) and compare with the power of drawing, which is indicated in its technical characteristics.
2. The larger drawing area, the faster it will be to clean the air.
3. Independent periodic inclusion is very useful if you are cooking a lot and often. With this feature, you will not have to worry - extractor included or not, for you it will make equipment. Moreover, in many models you can customize the inclusion period.
4. To work drawing you not irritated, it should be the least noisy.
5. Lighting in the drawing will allow you to prepare food without the overhead light. However, remember that low-quality lamps can introduce you astray on account of doneness, we often determined by its color.
6. Another important point when choosing the hood - the presence of a remote control. This will not necessarily be to regulate the process of ventilation and filtering directly at the drawing - you may well be able to do other things in the kitchen, in parallel controlling and regulating its work.