Types of plaster
At present, the range of materials,intended for the walls, a huge and diverse. Change your home every man wants, but, alas, not everyone can afford renovation, so he postponed for better times. Or family means few years have to save in order to fulfill the dream and transform the house / apartment. And you can solve everything in a different way and not wait for manna from heaven, while spending the least money and physical strength. Decorative plaster with his own hands - an excellent way out of this situation, because it can update the room and supplement it with bright and vivid colors.
- The advantages of decorative plaster
- The composition of the solutions, the differences
- Types of plaster
- Features Venetian plaster
- Impressive smooth plaster
- Variations on the invoice
- Stylish stone chippings
- Innovation - Flok Floor
- plastering technology
- Thoroughly prepare the surface
- The process of direct application
- How and what to paint
- Recommended waxing
The walls are in front of the person and the first eyeattract attention. In the early years, even primitive people decorated their animal skins (a kind of spoils), painted with paints and later draped fabrics. Accurate historical data about the appearance of the first decorative coating for the decoration of the walls there. Rather, it can be attributed to the wallpaper of the rice paper: they papered walls in Chinese homes (200 years before NE), or the famous Venetian plaster, invented in ancient Rome.
Easy to do this kind of plaster, and the finalthe result is surprising and striking any layman. In past years, for printing the then masters used special shapes and stencils are ready to begin to harden cement. A particularly clever master time to hand more and patterns applied to the hardening solution for this they needed a skill, a steady hand and a good eye. It was once, but today people invent tech plaster composition, resistant to physical shocks, weather temperatures, besides and hardens gradually.
The advantages of decorative plaster
The construction market offers consumersa huge variety: dozens of kinds of wallpaper, wooden and plastic panels, interior, facade, cork, tile. The list is long, but each layer is characterized by its own advantages and some disadvantages. For example, if we consider the most common option - wallpaper and paint, it's a wide range of patterns and colors, easy application. But bad luck, they can keep up with the walls, not too resistant to physical shock and abrasion. And for their application must be perfect alignment surface.
Decorative coating for the walls - an important detail of interior, gives it elegance and personality, its advantages are worthy of attention:
- amazing associative sensations from the material. For example, using the effect of noble antiquity, you can create an emphasis on warmth, peace and quiet, and the aged stone - stability, confidence and a refined taste. But the shine of the precious metal - reliability, luxury and unique style;
- ecological purity - the material is completely safe;
- the uniqueness of the Summit - Diversityeffects capable to satisfy the most scrupulous aesthetic preferences. You can be sure one hundred percent that applied decorative coating is unique in color and texture. Make absolutely identical result will not be able, even the most skilled professional;
- durability and practicality - decorativeStucco does not need some abstruse care and paint for a long time retains its color. Plus, the coating is resistant to mechanical stress (albeit slight);
- kind of textured plasterIt has excellent acoustic properties, the reason - pronounced sound-absorbing effect. In addition, it helps to create a room with a comfortable environment for listening to recordings. Sound sounds unobtrusively and naturally, as if the performers surprisingly moved to the studio;
- long operation - decorative plasterIt is a long time, until you get bored. The issue of changing the color and texture is achieved by such methods: repainting cover in a different tone; removal of plaster to the concrete base, luting to a state of evenness and subsequent dressing at his discretion;
- poorly absorb odors;
- solid and vapor permeable coating;
- versatility - the plaster can be applied to almost any, but be sure to pre-prepared surfaces: brick, concrete, metal;
- unimaginable variations and solutions - whimsicalgeometric patterns, natural paintings, imitation marble, malachite, granite, different kinds of wood, fabric and even skin - a flight of fancy is not limited, it is possible to create and to create individual harmony.
The composition of the solutions, the differences
Of course, each type of plaster has a specific composition, but the basic components are the same:
- binder - a framework for fixing material on the surface;
- filler - element which generates a decorative effect sand, cellulose fibers, ground marble, flocks;
- solvent - water;
- auxiliaries - product enrichment with additional properties: anti-foaming agents, thixotropic additives, biocides.
Such a composition of the formulation was formed in the '80sof the last century. The popularity of decorative plaster is growing steadily, according to leading experts is the fastest-spreading material and the most promising.
Types of plaster
Everyone dreams after a hardof the day to be in the fairy-tale world, to relax body and soul. One can confidently say that the decorative plaster - the embodiment of art, original and exclusive.
Depending on the basics of decorative plaster is:
- acrylic - clear from the name that the base coating - acrylic resin. Main features: low water vapor permeability, good resistance to the environment;
- mineral - the basis of the coverage - cement, plaster is characterized by excellent water vapor permeability and resistance to fire;
- silicate - the basis of a plaster - water glass. Pros: all the same good water vapor permeability, and the shortcomings - the limited range of colors;
- silicone - plaster made on thesilicone resin. The high cost is a hallmark, but fully justified by excellent quality. A resistance to various contaminants peremptory.
Note: the area of application and climatic resistance decorative plaster divided into internal, external and universal.
Features Venetian plaster
This type of plaster perfectly imitatespolished or partially polished stone (granite, limestone, malachite), and may resemble zhatuyu cloth and embossed leather. When applying this fine structure superplastic special methods are used, the end result is a polished surface or a unique volumetric image.
Venetian is characterized by remarkabledecorative options, easy to clean and has the properties of dirt repulsion. The latter figure is particularly relevant in the processing of finished walls with wax or protective varnish, then cover is complemented by water-repellent properties and acquires a uniform gloss.
Impressive smooth plaster
Decorative effects are stunning - silk drapery, ripples on the water, pearl shell, light sea foam.
Smooth coating obtained is very beautiful thanks to color match and fine texture of paints and varnishes.
Variations on the invoice
This mixture can have different colors, it is based on synthetic materials with various fillers (fiber flax, cotton).
In the classic version of textured plaster -imitation masonry stone reliefs with surround pattern, tree bark. After drawing on the wall plaster texture becomes certain filler, it looks original and hides surface defects.
It is used as a granular mass with inhomogeneousgranule-specific additives, for example, quartz splinters of wood fiber. Plaster does not require dilution, and is characterized by extreme plasticity and malleability, it can be cleaned and washed.
Stylish stone chippings
This type of plaster consists of these small pebbles, mixed with binders and adhesives.
Important: it is a cold material, so it is recommended to use it in non-residential premises: hallway, bathroom, hall.
It is a quartz, marble, granite,perfectly resists weather and amazing looks. Outside, a decorative material is applied for registration of individual architectural elements and the whole building.
Innovation - Flok Floor
This is a very interesting novelty, which consists of small particles of different sizes, colors and shapes.
This coating is easy to clean solution to alcohol, detergents, is not afraid of light, fungal lesions, bumps. Moreover, it is odorless and easy to apply.
The whole process involves several steps:
Thoroughly prepare the surface
Before you apply a decorative plaster, you must get rid of the old wall coverings, thoroughly clean the dust, dirt, and then to process the primer.
Important: if the wall noticed irregularities, it is desirable to eliminate them.
The process of direct application
Each species has its own plaster coating technique, which is described in detail in the attached instructions. Plaster thoroughly mixed and applied to the walls of a roller or a special trowel.
As for consumption, it all depends on the desired effect and on the proper use.
Important: after the end of this process, the plaster should be dry (a few days).
How and what to paint
Application of decorative plaster can beto carry out in color or paint the surface after finishing work. It should be remembered that the paint roller (short nap) recesses not stain, that is, the final effect will be different from the paint brush or a spray. The end result depends on the imagination and personal preferences.
The final touch - waxing the surface to protect from dirt and produce gloss - glossy, if you are using beeswax and matt, if synthetic.
Variants of decorative plaster much, it can help to realize the most incredible ideas and fantasies. But the work done by the hands, doubly more valuable because there is embedded part of the soul.