Tips for choosing a tile for the bathroom
Tile - a traditional decorationmaterial for bathrooms. It happened mainly because the tile is not afraid of moisture. However, this is not its only virtue: yet it is easy to clean, environmentally friendly, has low conductivity, different high fire performance, wear resistance and durability. But no matter how good and popular tiles for the bathroom - How to choose it correctly, they know not all. But tile tile strife. Consider the stages, what is the difference one from another tile, and what to look for when choosing.
- Select the type of tile
- According to the method of manufacture
- By destination
- According to the materials of manufacture
- We determine the quality of visual tiles
- "Tile" standards and specifications
- Choose a color tile
Select the type of tile
According to the method of manufacture
Sellers need to specify the tile manufacturing method. This information will help determine the quality of the tile and its purpose. As there are several types of manufacturing method:
1. Cast. Produced by casting and it turns quite thick and uneven. not suitable for bathrooms.
2. Obtained by extrusion - the most advanced technology in the production of tiles today. Its essence lies in the fact that through a special "clay belt" and "mouthpiece" extends the raw mass, which is then cut to length. Width / thickness product varies depending on the profile of the mouthpiece.
3. pressed. Most often used for decking flooring, soit has low porosity. This is obtained thanks to the fact that high pressure is produced from the powder mixture with additives. The additives contained 5.6% moisture.
All necessary information about the destination tile can be obtained as follows by examining its packaging.
It is usually placed on it different icons that help consumers find their way.
1. outdoor. Its thickness should be in the range 6-9 mm. The packaging of this tile shows the foot. If the foot is located on the shaded background - so, tile has a high durability.
2.Nastennaya (9-12 mm). On its packaging depicts the hand.
According to the materials of manufacture
1. From granite. It is non-slip, has a matt, roughsurface laid on the floor. Such tiles for the bathroom is good in terms of security. Another benefit against ribbed material, equipped with grooves for water, but they are quite expensive.
2. Mosaic tiles. It belongs to the floor. Is durable, it looks good (especially when it's combined with a large tile) and easy to install.
3. Enameled ceramic tile. It is used for wall cladding. Enamel, which is covered with the surface, increases the protective properties of the tiles gives tile gloss, resistant to various hygiene products and detergents. However, it is no different strength, so only suitable for the walls.
We determine the quality of visual tiles
Visually, you can determine the quality of the tile on several grounds:
1. Plane. It is necessary to check the tiles the plane. That depends on it, as it would be difficult to lay tile in the future. Check the plane simply: it is necessary to take 2 tiles and leaned them together right sides. The smaller the gap between them, the better the flatness. You can also click on the opposite corners, and then see whether the "swing" of tiles relative to each other. The gap to 1.5 mm is considered acceptable, but anything more - not very. The worst situation with the plane from commercial varieties granitokeramiki.
2. Diagonal. It must be measured with a tape measure at once in several articles. Best of all, if the difference is not, but if it is 0.5 - 1 mm, it is also acceptable.
3. Glaze (For glazed tiles only). It should take a couple of pieces of tiles and view them against the light glaze. It happens that in some batches of the tile meets the defect: the glaze covered the smallest grid of cracks, like cobwebs. This defect is always visible against the light, although the usual survey may not be noticeable. In general, a tile glaze defects (.. Cracks, chips, etc.) there are almost always the norm of marriage is considered to be 1 - 5 per hundred tiles. But they can only see during installation.
"Tile" standards and specifications
Different technical standards and specificationstile detail developed in many countries. There are certain standards system. For example, in Germany it is labeled as DIN, France - both UPEG, UK - BS, US - ASTM-ANSI, and in Italy - a UNI EN. In Russia - a variety of facilities such as the № 6887-90 - in relation to the floor tiles, and № 6141-91 - Wall, № 13996-93 - in relation to the ceramic facade. However, the most widely used standards developed by CEN - the European Commission under the UNI EN marking standards. They are valid everywhere in Europe and in some non-European countries that have accepted them, although they have no legal force, and are more advisory in nature. However, if a tile packaging is a sign of UNI - it definitely shows its high quality.
One of the main technical characteristics of the tileis its wear resistance (abrasion). There are appropriate durability standards, distributed over 5 classes, which differ depending on the destination premises, even on the traffic in them.
- Tile Class I designed for places with little traffic, which is not used for street shoes (can be used as tiles for the bathroom).
- Tile Class II fits in a small local movement density.
- Tile Class III is used for the floors of residential buildings with moderate traffic intensity, without access to the street.
- Tile IV is designed for public buildings.
- Tile Class V is suitable for rooms with any intensity.
Choose a color tile
The color scheme of the tiles can be any. It all depends on the tastes and personal preferences, ideas that I would like to implement. Look through fashion magazines interior, look how famous designers selected tile in the bathroom - the photo can tell a lot. We'll also give you some useful tips.
We do not recommend to experiment too. For trendy tile in a few months may not be relevant, but its extravagance in six months and you can get bored. Give her preference only if such a coloring really is the soul, do not blindly follow fashion trends.
Always actual tiles classic design - pink, blue, white, green colors and their shades.
If you like dark colors and tilescolors, keep in mind: on a tile will be visible to all soap stains and splashes of water, it will have to be cleaned frequently. If you came to taste mirrored tiles, then keep in mind that it is very noticeable any small scratches and cracks. However, it will be very stylish look in the bathroom, which features metal accessories and related furniture.
Consider the design of the room. The large bathroom will look bad tile small size, it is better to buy large tiles and a small - suitable tiles of small size. In a modest room usually looks spectacular tile bright colors - it always helps to visually increase the space.
Apprehensive Treat the tile is too brightcolors - orange, yellow, red. In the bath they are oppressed, do not give to relax, creating a kind of oppressive closed space from which want to get out quickly. But in the bathroom, we often go for it for the relaxing water treatments with the desire to relax after a busy day.
The tile in the bathroom - the photo which so oftenfull of fashion magazines interior, sometimes adjusted depending on the importance of this space for the hosts. If the bathroom is one of the main rooms in which you spend a lot of time, you should make some significant emphasis, for example, choose a tile with beautiful drawings. If the secondary - it is advisable to draw in pastel shades, and if most of the time children spend in it - then do it just white - then the kids will be able to decorate the walls of washable markers.
Try to pick a tile for the bathroom properly, then it will serve you long and reliable, delighting the owners of all their best qualities.