How to make the bathroom floor with his hands
Repairs in the bathroom is one of the mosttime-consuming tasks. The reason for this lies in the fact that the bathroom is located the communication pipe and constantly high humidity. We'll have to work around not one obstacle, furnished floor, and use special water resistant material. In this article we'll show you how to make the bathroom floor aesthetic, durable and protect themselves from flooding and neighbors.
- floor device in the bathroom
- Preparation of a draft surface
- Waterproofing of the floor in the bathroom
- Application of surface waterproofing
- Easy way to Paint
- What you need to solve to the floor fill
- Floor Leveling - screed
- What flooring you choose?
- How to make a self-leveling floor in the bathroom
floor device in the bathroom
There are various options floor arrangement in the bathrooms. It depends on the base material of sex and many other factors. Almost all the apartments of apartment buildings of our Motherland floor unit in the bathroom can be a cake:
- The concrete floor slab - the initial basis.
- Roll fusing or waterproofing.
- Concrete screed thickness of about 5 cm - in the old Soviet buildings, it is not too qualitatively performed.
- Again waterproofing - at this stage it could be of coating or painting.
- Levelling - made of cement-sand mixture or a modern self-leveling mixture.
- Flooring: All kinds of tile, wood, waterproof laminate, cork flooring, linoleum flooring, self-leveling floor
A relative novelty is the system "warmfloor ", which can also be installed in the bathroom. It is mounted on the stage of leveling screed and makes your stay in the bathroom even more comfortable. Represented sex in the bathroom arrangement scheme is universal. For its qualitative incarnation must be responsibly and diligently perform the following milestones.
Preparation of a draft surface
If you do repairs in a residential apartment, the firstaffair remove any old flooring. If it was linoleum, then to hook it with a spatula or a knife and rip off. But most of all in the bathrooms on the floor tile was packed, so do not do without Punch. Splitting tiles and remove all residues. During the dismantling of tiles or other type of tile is likely to tie will be broken: there will be cracks, splits, it might crumble altogether.
Therefore, it is desirable to remove the tie, too. We have before us must be brought concrete base in all its glory. To sweep all debris out of the bathroom, and then a vacuum cleaner to get rid of the dust particles. At this stage it is necessary to close up all cracks and openings that are visible to the naked eye, so they do not increase further. You can use the "tile" glue.
When settling down the floor in the apartment "after construction", the preparatory work will be less, since removing nothing. The concrete floor must be cleaned of dust, dirt and seal the cracks visible.
Waterproofing of the floor in the bathroom
Before you apply a waterproofing, the surface should be pogruntovat. Therefore we treat primer floor, thereby improving the adhesion of the waterproofing material from the floor surface.
Choosing material for waterproofing, should be guided by those at which stage it is applied, and how much of the surface we want to isolate.
If we face flaunts floor slab, and notconcrete floor, then take to start a roll or fusing waterproofing. You can use mastic asphalt and well handle the entire surface, cracks and the joints with the walls, making them overlap at least 25 cm.
On concrete flooring can be applied or obmazochnuyuthe painting waterproofing. And if you plan to insulate the walls, for example, in place of contiguity shower or sink, you should choose the lining hydraulic seals.
Application of surface waterproofing
- Prepare the mixture. To do this, go to sleep dry component in a container, pour the liquid component and stir. The ratio should be 1: 1, knead thoroughly until homogenous.
- With a roller apply the mixture on the whole surfacefloor. you can use a spatula or brush in hard to reach places and the junctions with walls and communications. Consumption is approximately 2 - 3 kg / m 3, but more precise figures on the packaging.
- In the joints and connections should be laid with a waterproof tape.
- Form a "trough", which protects againstwater seepage through the walls. To do this in parallel with covered floor we put the mixture on the wall so that its upper end protrudes above the floor on the future of 5 - 10 cm.
- Waterproofing mixture is applied in two layers. After applying the first take a break of 4-6 hours. Then apply the next layer, wait for it dry. All subsequent operation resumes after a day at least.
Easy way to Paint
Paint a way easier than lubricative. A significant drawback is its fragility. Average life painting waterproofing 3 - 5 years.
If you do decide to use this method when applied by brush or roller solution on the floor and walls.
Important! Waterproofing of the floor in a wooden house require further action. To protect the wood from moisture influence on the draft floor is laid a thin linoleum with an overlap on the wall in 5 - 10 cm. This will serve as an additional protection.
What you need to solve to the floor fill
Since you decided to make your bathroom floorhand, it is possible that you want to move the toilet in a different location, equipped with a drain, so as not to flood the neighbors, or install the system "warm floor". Deciding whether to take such structural changes should be at this stage.
If you plan to carry the toilet, it must beconnect the pipe to the sewage system. To this tube to function properly, it must be placed at an angle. In this case, the total floor level will rise by at least 10-15 cm, a toilet have to be installed on a separate pedestal. Therefore, at this stage, we dismantle the old toilet, install a new location and connect to the sewer pipe. Can not be installed until the toilet, but only to mount the pipe.
Photo equipment will also raise the floor level ofseveral centimeters and for the same reason. Moreover, it will be necessary to fill the floor sloping to a drain so that water from the entire area of the bath was dripped thereto. Install drain and install the outlet pipe. In the future it will be necessary to make sure that the neck of the drain protrudes above the screed. In the meantime, in order not to clog the pipe, it is temporarily shut anything, such as cloth.
Increasingly, the system installed in bathrooms"warm floor". Tile is very cold to the touch, not too pleasant to stand barefoot on it in the morning after a warm cozy bed. A "warm floor" can provide a very comfortable feeling. In the bathroom, you can mount a water or electric floor. The system "warm floor", consisting of tubes through which passes hot water, connected directly to the heating pipe, if any in the bathroom. Another way - to connect to the pipes with hot water and heated towel rail. Despite the masses of doubt, electric "warm floor" can also be safely laid in the bathroom. The only downside of this choice is big on energy costs, but the electric field is extremely simple to install.
Important! If you want to make in the event of flooding of water remained in the bathroom and does not fill the entire apartment or house, the bathroom floor needs to be done below the general level of the rest of the premises. The second option for solving the problem - to equip the nut high, so that the water does not overflow.
Therefore, before you pour the floor in the bathroom, install any additional communication and determines at what level should be the floor and the nut.
Floor Leveling - screed
Align the floor in the bathroom is a must. Any floor covering, no matter what you choose, requires almost perfectly smooth base, especially if it is tile. High-quality tie - a pledge of longevity and durability of the topcoat. That is why to this matter should be approached with great responsibility.
Previously, extra large there was no choice, and allperformed floor screed of cement-sand mixture. Today, the market can offer a lot of building mixtures based on non-shrink cement, as well as other self-leveling mixture. All these options have the right to life.
perform screed different materials technology are not too different and have the general structure:
- On the walls outline the extent to which wepoured screed, considering whether there were additional pipes that need to hide from us. For this we can use water or laser level.
- Set beacons at a distance of 1 m from eachother. You can use the wooden bars, metal corners, and you can buy a plastic T - shaped profile. Fix them in the mortar. To lay out on the floor of the hillocks solution, which is added in alabaster. We put beacons and constantly controlling the horizontal level, dent in their solution. Beacons are aligned with the marks on the wall.
- Prepare a solution of screed. It may be the traditional cement-sand mixture, and self-leveling when floor has a slight roughness. Knead them into a bucket using a drill. Follow the instructions on the packaging requirements of a self-leveling mixture. It follows that the amount of water was optimal.
- Fill the mixture to the top of the lighthouses. Self-leveling fill all the empty space without interference, and to align the cement mixture typically use.
- Applies the rule that the length of at least a20 cm longer than the distance between the lighthouses, beacons to the strips. We pull it over, thereby filling the void, leveling solution and removing the excess, protruding beyond the lighthouse.
- To remove air bubbles in the self-leveling mixture is rolled on her spiked roller.
- We wait until the screed is dry. Time depends on the brand and the composition of the screed. It is important to follow the instructions and comply with the required indoor climate, avoiding drafts.
Important! If you decide to install electrical "warm floor", then fill screed is done in two stages. Lighthouses, you can not install. Fill the first layer, wait for complete drying. We put insulation and spread a "warm floor". Fill the second portion of the screed and leveling.
What flooring you choose?
On the leveled surface of the screed floor can be laid at any floor finish. This will be the final stage of the floor in the bathroom arrangement.
Linoleum in the bathroom rarely laid. Rather, it is an economy option or a temporary exit. To lay linoleum flooring is very easy, it does not require any special care, easy to clean, provides waterproofing, but it quickly "wiped off" and become unpresentable.
Cork flooring in the bathroom provide maximumcomfort. Cork is very pleasant warm to the touch, it is impossible to slip, but not so on the tiles. Very good springs back to its original state. Besides, it does not absorb foreign odors and water, as well as resistant to the effects of pathogens, fungi on it simply do not breed. There is a very significant nuance. The ability to not only absorb moisture has an array of tubes, rather than on the basis of flooring HDF. An array should be selected cork 4 - 6 mm, adhered to the substrate. Another important advantage of cork floor is its naturalness, ecological and hypoallergenic.
Self-leveling floor in the bathroom started to equiprecently. Firstly, such a floor is easy to assemble. In fact, the last layer of leveling screed can be pouring self-leveling floor. Secondly, such a floor itself is water repellent, the need for additional sealing disappears by itself. Third, the temperature of the inlet floor operation mode allows you to mount directly to it "warm floor" system. And one of the main advantages of the floor - a variety of patterns and colors. You can arrange the floor, imitating the natural stone, or use other decorative fillers.
But this technology has some disadvantages:
- It is necessary to prepare a perfectly flat surface.
- Freshly mixture of extremely toxic and flammable.
- cover unnatural.
How to make a self-leveling floor in the bathroom
All preparatory work has already been curtained: waterproofing completed, filled screed. It remains only to apply a mixture of self-leveling floor:
1. Prepare a mixture. To do this, pour the dry components in the water and knead with a drill at intervals of 1-2 minutes, until a homogeneous consistency.
Important! Please note that for the preparation of self-leveling floor mixture is dry component is poured into water and not vice versa, as is the case with other compounds. The resulting solution begins to solidify after half an hour - 40 minutes, so it makes sense to cook meals rather than all at once.
2. Be sure to keep the temperature and humidity conditions. The optimum temperature is +15 - +25 ° C, humidity 80%.
3. Pour mixture will stripes. The first strip of fill along the wall, starting from the corner, opposite the doorway.
4. The leveling and adjust the thickness of the squeegee or trowel layer.
5. laminating layer with a spiked roller to remove air bubbles.
6. All the other bands fill this algorithm: poured, smoothed out, removed the air.
7. The inlet floor to dry for about 3 days, but you can already use it after 6 - 12 hours after casting, by the time he gains sufficient strength.
Important! The system "warm floor" can be switched on not earlier than one week.
the floor tiles in the bathroom "entered" confidenta step has long been and continues to occupy a leading position among flooring for the bathroom. A variety of shapes and materials to satisfy the taste of even the most sophisticated buyer. The disadvantage of the tile is its relative fragility. If the cracked tile, it must be replaced, but in the meantime will be dismantled spoiled, may be damaged and others are close.
The wooden floor in the bathroom can be madeOnly teak and larch, because not every timber will withstand the constant changes in the humidity level. Construction of the floor requires careful additional waterproofing. Although natural wooden floor, warm, beautiful, it makes sense to lay a waterproof laminate instead.
Laying the floor covering will markcompletion of works on arrangement of the floor in the bathroom. No matter how much time did not take this painstaking process is an indispensable experience that should be in your luggage every a smart host.