How to make a warm floor in the bathroom
Bathroom - a room where every one of usIt can be charged with positive energy for the whole day or to relax after a stressful working days. For this reason, question everything comfortable environment in this corner of the apartment can not be ignored. The problem that requires urgent solution and competent approach - creating the optimum temperature, the implementation of which does not present a problem if you want to install a warm floor in the bathroom.
- The ancient "roots" of underfloor heating
- Variety floor heating
- Water heating system
- Electric floor heating
- The film (IR) option
- Set a warm floor in the bathroom
- Installation of electric floor heating
- Installing infrared floor
- Installation of water underfloor heating systems
Do you think the system "warm floor" - a wonder of this century? And here and there. This heating technology is rooted in the distant past.
The ancient "roots" of underfloor heating
Who would have thought that the warm floor usedin ancient Rome. Of course, the technology was not as advanced as it is today, but the principle of heating the Roman Baths was no different. Smoke from the stove passes through special channels, laid under the floor, contributed to the rapid heating. With the rise of the water (steam) heating this principle, bearing the heat, I have not lost relevance. Underfloor heating, heated water, are widely used today.
Variety floor heating
We decided to arrange a warm floor in the bathroom? Perfect solution! It only remains to choose the type of such coverage, because it turns out to be different.
Water heating system
Radiant floor in the bathroom is made up ofplastic pipes through which water circulates. The thermostat allows you to adjust the temperature mode depending on your mood and preferences. The advantages of such a floor may include a low cost, absence of harmful electromagnetic radiation and the ability to save on electricity.
The disadvantages - not an easy installation that requires both theoretical and practical knowledge.
Electric floor heating
Extremely popular for its easy installation,which under the force to carry out on their own. Floor consists of cables laid under the screed and thermal insulator. Electric floor heating in the bathroom is placed directly under the tile.
It is important! Electric floor heating, usually over large areas is not mounted, because designed for small spaces.
Among the few drawbacks is to provide electromagnetic radiation and high-energy consumption (especially in winter).
The film (IR) option
Recently this kind of underfloor heatingIt is becoming very popular. Infrared Heated floor in the bathroom may be laid under any cover. The film can be used not only for the floor heating, but also for other areas.
The advantages of such a coating mass. Screed the installation is not necessary and, therefore, raise the floor to anything. The strips are connected in parallel (as opposed to electric floor), i.e. If one lane is out of order, in the bathroom will still be warm.
This need to know! The package includes a film floor thermostat, thermo liner with electrical, temperature sensor, isolation.
Set a warm floor in the bathroom
Installation of floor heating is better to make under construction or repair. This eliminates the need to dismantle the old flooring.
Installation of electric floor heating
1. The plan specifies the location of the thermostat, the sensor and cable connection zone. Draw on the existing plan laying scheme, not forgetting to take into consideration the rated capacity of the system and follow the instructions defining the distance between the stripes. Plumbing devices do not take into account, as their heating in our plans not included.
It is important! Scheme after installation do not throw - in the future it might be useful.
2. The next step - heat insulation. Puts on the basis of a heater. Ignore the existing irregularities - nothing wrong with that. If the insulation without the reflective film, it is necessary to supplement it with aluminum foil.
3. Cabling. Fix the cable on a metal grid that not only will it not "drown" in the insulation, but also adds structural strength. Remember, you can not cross the ranks! After checking the resistance of the cable attach electrical and thermal part, so that the resulting compound appeared as close as possible to the thermostat.
It is important! The distance from the connection zone to the wall must not exceed 20 cm. The length of the message and heat thermostat cable must be flat.
4. The regulator is mounted at a height of 1 meter from the floor in accordance with the circuit assembly and installation. The sensor is placed in goftrubku and located between adjacent rows of the cable. Make sure that when pouring cement tube sensor was above screed.
5. Fill with cement. Again check the coupling, the cable resistance and the integrity of all the components. Evenly distribute on the floor mortar and flatten it along the cable.
It is important! The screed must not be void. This can lead to overheating, reduced heat transfer and a corrupted system.
The thickness of the tie should be about 5 cm Tester check the integrity of the cable, and if the defect is detected -. Leave to harden concrete screed.
Include system only after 30 days. Otherwise, possible violation of the integrity of the cable and the formation of cracks in the screed.
Installing infrared floor
Installation of the floor elements of the film special is easy. Everything is simple.
1. Removing the old flooring.
2. Placing the required number of thermal components. Connect sensor and thermostat.
3. Check the System Health.
4. thermal insulation elements with a protective film (dry installation) or pouring cement screed (wet mount).
Installation of water underfloor heating systems
Installation of the water floor is not much different from the installation of an electrical floor.
1. If the PP risers for hot water have not been previously installed, the process begins with this.
2. Drawing up plans for the location of pipes.
3. Laying a reliable waterproofing. Overlapping waterproofing material strips are connected by soldering or stroyfena.
4. Fill draft (the first) of the screed mixture of cement and expanded clay. The level should be about 7 cm below the finished floor level.
It is important! For convenience, make a provisional mark on the wall and using level drag it on the perimeter.
Do not pay attention to small bumps. Within a few days, moisten a coupler with water so that it is not cracked.
5. Applying foil. The joints must be glued special aluminum tape.
6. Installation of the water floor. Attach a polypropylene tube in accordance with the plan to the screed. The distance between the parts of the pipe -. Not less than 15 cm curved system is connected via a control valve to the flow and return risers. We give the floor to cool.
7. Fill a second tie (same solution). Here it is important to ensure that the surface was smooth as possible.
Now that you know what a warm floor, and how to install floor heating in the bathroom with their hands, comfortable atmosphere in the house is assured.