150 photo tiles for the bathroom. Choose the type of tile and color palette for any bathroom. Help in finishing the bathroom with your own hands.
Bathroom - an intimate space. Therefore, its design should fully and fully embody the simplicity, sophistication, but most importantly - comfort. Finishing the bathroom with tiles is not a new invention, but it allows you to realize the most daring and most modern solutions without compromising convenience. The photo below is the best confirmation.
- 2.1.Ceramic tile
- 2.3.Stone tiles
- 2.4.Glass tiles
- 3.Tile size - it matters
- 3.1.Standard tiles
- 3.2.Large tiles
- 4.The choice of tiles depending on the type of house
- 4.1.For Khrushchev
- 4.2.For a panel house
- 4.3.For private houses
- 5.Nuances of finishing the bathroom with a small area
- 6.Choose a color
- 6.4.Alternative options
- 7.Bathroom tiling with own hands
Advantages of choosing tiles for wall and floor tiling in the bathroom
Bathroom requires special care during the repair. In contrast to other rooms in the living room (including kitchens), bathroom interior Should not only be beautiful, interesting, stylish, but also resistant to various kinds of influences:
- High humidity
- High temperatures
- Abrasive and cleaning products
All this is important because because of the specificMicroclimate of the bathroom is likely to multiply bacteria and fungi that are extremely harmful to human health (especially young children, who all strive to taste!). To avoid this, on the one hand, it is necessary to reduce this probability to a minimum, and on the other - to make sure that during cleaning, the design does not spoil and retains a presentable appearance.
Based on this, the materials that you plan to use to create an interior in the bathroom should have:
- Resistant to moisture and temperature changes
- Hygiene and environmental safety
- Easy cleaning
Modern manufacturers of finishing materials provide a wide range of all kinds of materials for decorating walls. It can be both moisture-resistant glass walls, and plastic panels, and Drywall, And decorative plaster. However, the most popular and popular material for finishing the walls of the bathroom is not one decade is the tile.
1. The price. Huge production volumes allow you to find the perfect combination of price and quality for absolutely everyone. Even with a limited budget, you will be able to find what you need.
2. The tile does not cause allergic reactions, it is not toxic. Thanks to the obligatory roasting procedure, all potential allergens and toxins are destroyed, so even with prolonged contact, there are no unforeseen reactions of the organism and can not be. This is especially important for young parents, because children's immunity is very sensitive.
3. Tile is completely ecological clean material, therefore, during its production, the environment is not polluted.
4. In the production of tiles under the influence of high temperatures all harmful microflora is destroyed. Therefore, the probability of reproduction of fungi and bacteria in the bathroom tiled with a tile is lower than with the use of other materials.
Fungi and bacteria can appear at the jointsTiles, as the walls of the houses themselves are not handled. To reduce the risk of mold growth on the walls of the bath to zero, when installing tiles, use special antifungal compounds.
5. Water and moisture are not terrible for the tiles. Therefore, it will not lose its appearance and, if properly sealed joints, will save your neighbors from flooding.
6. The surface of the tile is very easy to clean, it does not frighten the effect of cleaning agents. Thanks to special coatings, dirt and grease are easily removed from the tiles, in addition, it does not accumulate dust (such as carpet or vinyl wallpaper). For the same reason, it is often recommended to use Tile for kitchen.
7. With high-quality manufacturing and proper installation, the tile will last for more than a decade. Rather, you will have to change it due to the fact that you are tired of the bathroom design, rather than because the tiling has become unusable.
8. The durability of the tile for the floor (however, as for other surfaces) protects its appearance from damage during the rearrangement of furniture, scratches from heels and other mechanical defects.
9. High strength ceramic tiles allow it to withstand high pressure and weight (for example, cast-iron bath).
10. The use of tiles increases the level of fire safety. This is due to the fact that it is not flammable and prevents the spread of fire. Tiles for the kitchen on the apron are used in many ways precisely because of these considerations.
If suddenly a fire breaks out in your apartment andThe opportunity from it will not come out - the bath with the facing from the tiled walls will be the safest place before the arrival of firefighters. The tile will save the room from the spread of fire in it, and the cold shower - you, from overheating and caustic smoke.
11. Modern tiles can be a real work of art. 3d tile, which forms whole panels and pictures all over the wall, will become a real decoration of your house.
Determine the material
|Ceramics||From 4 $ / m²|
|Gres||From 5 $ / m²|
|A rock||From 3 $ / m²|
|Glass||From 8 $ / m²|
Ceramic tiles - the most budgetary and mostCommon type of bathroom tiles. Prices for it are relatively low. Such a tile is made of clay with the addition of sand and / or minerals. This tile is covered with glaze, which creates a variety of textures, colors and even ornaments. The most common types of ceramic tiles are:
- With sputtering
In the catalogs of many stores (for example, Leroy Merlin) there are many photos of not only the tile itself, but also its use in interiors.
It is not necessary to use only one kind of tile to create a bathroom design. Look great combinations of two or three types of ceramic tiles.
Tile, similar in composition with porcelain, butResembling a stone, is called porcelain stoneware. A distinctive feature of this tile is its practical zero absorbency of water. Thanks to this tile, no frosts (and, in principle, temperature changes) are practically frightening, so it is often used for facing external walls. Ceramic granite has a texture very similar to natural stone, but is less susceptible to mechanical damage and the appearance of cracks. Due to its strength, this material is recommended for decorating floors.
Tiles made of natural stone - stunningEnvironmentally friendly material. Today, due to modern production technologies, its price is strikingly lower in comparison with previous years. Thanks to its texture, designers manage to create stunningly stylish solutions in the interior. However, since the stone tile is subject to less processing than tile or ceramic granite, the risk of multiplying bacteria on it is somewhat higher. In addition, the stone only partially withstands mechanical damage and can become covered with microcracks.
Glass tiles in the design of the bathroom -Ideal for creating a futuristic style of the room. It can be used for both wall decoration and floor decoration. Glass can be transparent, translucent, color; Matte and glossy, smooth and textured.
Thanks to the use of glass tiles, you can make stylish partitions in the bathroom or disguise additional lights.
Do not use a transparent glass tile to mask pipes, meters, valves, etc.
Tile size - it matters
Despite the huge number of shades inA palette of grout for seams between tiles, to make them absolutely imperceptible, to the huge regret, it will not turn out. Therefore, the size of the finishing tile will be of great importance for the visual perception of your bathroom.
Standard tiles are 20 by 30 centimeters. Best of all, it fits in the middle and large bathrooms, as the frequency of the seams will not be distracting or annoying. Depending on the direction of laying the tiles (vertical or horizontal), you can visually expand the room or raise the ceilings.
Tiles are considered large if its dimensionsExceed the value of 25 by 40 centimeters. Typically, this tile is used for floor design, much less often - for decorating walls. In the second case, it is better to use such a tile to create an interior of spacious bathrooms or to decorate its individual elements in combination with smaller tiles.
The size of the tiles should be chosen in such a way that it should be cut as little as possible.
Small tiles or mosaics have oneHuge and undoubted advantage - they allow you to adjust even the most uneven walls. However, this tile is very insidious - it can visually hide the space of an already small bathroom. Therefore, the mosaic is better combined with a medium-sized tile.
The choice of tiles depending on the type of house
For a small apartment
Most often in small apartments combinedBathroom (bathroom combined with a toilet), so the space is very limited and close - about 3 square meters. Because of this, in small apartments it is better to give preference to a light tile of medium size, without large drawings. Visually increase the height Ceilings In such a bath, combining two colors of tiles - light in the upper part of the walls and dark in the bottom.
For a panel house
In the panel house, the bath and toilet can be combined, but as a rule - no. Tile for toilet Can be the same as the bathroom, and can be contrasting shades. It's a matter of taste. But the size is better to choose and there and there the same, so that the rooms are in harmony with each other.
For private houses
Private house built according to individualPlan, suggests that you yourself determine the size of future premises. Therefore, the bathroom here can be made spacious and bright. This will allow using even a large tile to decorate the walls without compromising the visual perception of space. For the floor it is better to use ceramic granite, as the temperature drops can occur not only inside the room, but also outside.
Nuances of finishing the bathroom with a small area
1. For decoration of walls Small bath The optimal is a medium sized tile. It does not seem cumbersome and does not scratch with a huge number of joints as in the case of using a small tile. You can use a mosaic, but only as a separate element.
The bathroom should be warm and comfortable, so cold shades will make the bathroom uncomfortable
2. For a small area it is better to use a light tile in warm colors. Dark colors will make an already small bathroom tiny. For decoration, choose small elements with pictures to create accents. Cumbersome and large images on several tiles will focus on yourself.
3. Lay the tiles on the walls better vertically to visually lift the ceilings. But on the contrary, it is worth using diagonal styling.
4. Embossed tiles will clutter up space, so in a small bathroom it will be more appropriate to look smooth glazed tile. On the matt tile, there is less visible limescale from the water, however, due to the absence of glare, the space will be concealed.
For an amazing effect of visual expansion of space in a small bathroom, use a special mirror tile.
5. From the creation of niches with the help of tiles in a small bathroom is better to refuse.
Choose a color
When choosing the color of a bathroom tile, consider the quality of the lighting. The less light - the lighter the color of the walls.
White color - looks stylish. However, white tile can cause associations with the hospital room, because of what the room may seem cold and uncomfortable. In addition, any dirt is visible on white surfaces and the bathroom does not lose its appearance, it will have to be cleaned very often. On the other hand, properly selected bathroom furniture and a few bright accents will make your bathroom in white color a sample of taste and sophistication.
Blue and blue are the colors of water. Therefore, in the design of bathrooms are used often enough. When using these colors, the bathroom can be made thematic, for this you need to add only a few marine motifs: seashells, fish or boats. This takes into account the manufacturers and in each new collection you can find new items on the sea theme. If the bathroom is small - enough will be a curb with an image of shells or sailboats, so that your bath has acquired the charm of the coast.
An alternative to blue shades is green. It is the color of calmness and dimensionality, it does not irritate, even rather the opposite - it gives soul harmony. And if you want a little mischief - hang in the bathroom curtain with frogs! And the color will be maintained, and a cheerful accent will appear.
For decorating tiles are often usedFloral motifs. Within the purple palette, it can be violet or lavender. The combination of violet tile with pistachio or peach accents will look good.
The warmest bathroom in the world - yellowcolors. This is the color of the sun and summer. Even in a cold winter in a yellow bathroom you will not freeze! Along with yellow, the same result can be used orange.
The bathroom in pink will surely appeal to young girls. But a red or black bathroom will be appreciated by confident men.
Bathroom tiling with own hands
Prices for professional tiling services are quite high. But with a strong desire, you can cope with your own strength. Here's what you need to remember when you finish the bathroom with a tile:
- The surface must be completely clean before laying the tiles.
- The bathroom floor can be leveled, but it is better to make it at a small angle to the center of the bathroom - in case of leaks, water will be easier to wipe from there than somewhere behind the bathroom.
- Adhesive solution must be prepared strictly according to the enclosed instructions.
- To ensure that the tile does not slip, the adhesive solution is applied in a thin layer. Using a special spatula or knitting needles on it, you need to make furrows.
- To make the intertwine seams equal in size, special plastic crosses are inserted between the tiles.
- To start laying out the tile is better from the corner of the bathroom that is opposite the door - in this case the places where the tile had to be cut will not be so obvious.
- If you pre-apply the marking to the walls, you can calculate the places where the tile will have to be cut and put the bottom row with the pieces, while the upper one - with whole tiles.
Read the same about how to choose a shower!