Choosing insulation mezhventsovogo
To build a wooden house from a bar,all you need to carefully calculate and pick up the high-quality material. After all, our choice depends on how strong and warm it happens. Sam timber should be smooth and integral, without cracks. The thickness of the timber must be chosen, taking into account both the climatic conditions of the area and the length of stay in the house. If you are going to use the house only for a summer holiday, then we can take the timber of medium thickness. But the house where you will be living permanently, it is better to build out of lumber thicker. Another important factor to ensure the safety of the heat in the house is the insulation mezhventsovogo. Here is how to choose it, and we will tell.
- The specifics of the buildings of wood
- Requirements for the quality of the insulation
- The range of insulation materials
- Materials from artificial ingredients
- The use of natural materials
- Best mezhventsovogo heaters
- Linen hemp for insulation joints
- Moss for installation slots
- A popular insulation jute
The specifics of the buildings of wood
High-quality wooden house has several features not found in traditional stone or brick houses. These features include:
- high insulating properties of wood due to which it is not necessary to make a thick wall
- the tree's ability to moisture exchange - absorptionoversaturated with moisture and its allocation of water in the dry season, which ensures the optimum humidity in the house at any temperature and prevents condensation on the wall surfaces, and thus protects against mold and mildew
- availability of wood long enough to allow air to circulate - it ensures natural ventilation of premises
- the ability of heat redistribution throughout the solid wood, it is this quality allows you to quickly and easily to heat the house
But all these advantages are lost when the wrong selection of a heater.
If the insulation material does not allow the wall of the timber to be a single entity, and prevents the appearance of precious properties of wood, the house will never be so warm and reliable as we would like.
Requirements for the quality of the insulation
The material used as insulation, the house provides a reliable protection against the cold. Hence, it is necessary to choose, focusing on the following characteristics:
- material density and elasticity - insulation should firmly close the gap between the rims, not only immediately after the construction of the walls, but after shrinkage at home
- low thermal conductivity, thermal conductivity close to the timber and ensures minimal loss of heat through the space between the crowns of the house
- the ability to absorb moisture and impact, the most relevant of the same tree's ability to maintain optimal humidity in the house and to protect the walls from rotting
- resistance to external natural influences - hereIt includes confrontation as the weather effects (rain and temperature), and the actions of the birds, who love to take away konopatku to your nest, insects and seeking to arrange a comfortable accommodation in the walls of the house
- durability - the ability to maintain their beneficial properties for a long time, ideally - all while operating at home
- protection for human health - no harmful impurities and substances that cause allergic reactions
- antibacterial properties - resistance to the development of micro-organisms that can cause disease or rot
Carefully analyzing all the qualities necessary for a good insulation, you can proceed to the choice of sound material.
The range of insulation materials
Now on the market of modern building materials, you can find a variety of different heaters. They can be divided into two groups - natural and artificial.
Materials from artificial ingredients
- insulation on the basis of synthetic and mineral - wool, staple glass fiber, basalt raw materials, mineral wool
- heaters with closed and open cell foam - polystyrene, polyethylene foam, polyurethane foam, silicone and acrylic sealants, polyurethane foams, polyurethane foam
All of these materials are well provenwith insulation of walls, roofs, ceilings and floors in houses of brick or concrete slabs. But they are not suitable for thermal insulation of walls made of wood. Even materials such as mineral wool or foam under compression becomes too dense and completely cover the circulation of air and moisture. This can lead to undesirable consequences. In the case of good moisture-absorbing materials joints with insulation freeze at low temperatures. If warmer water resistant - the vapor condenses at the junction of wood sealant, causing decay and destruction of the walls.
One of the negative examples of suchmaterials is the so-called "warm seam." Technology laying seams, like a sandwich, use masking tape on the basis of polyurethane foam, impregnated with the composition, increasing the volume of material in contact with the air. Manufacturers believe that this property will fill all the voids and carefully close the gap. This tape is placed on the horizontal surface of the crown. Then, with the seams inside or outside (as is possible with one and the other) caulk extruded polyethylene, a cord made of different thicknesses. And finally, on top of all this, mounting the gun applied acrylic sealant. It would seem that the slit tightly sealed, the heat is stored securely. But what will happen for the crust of the sealant in the joints themselves? Outside of any air or water does not penetrate, but the foam quickly pick up moisture from the tree, but simply can not dry out. A damp seam gives us all the troubles that are listed above.
The use of natural materials
Some "experts" offer useas insulation wool or cotton batting or felt. The arguments on the topic: "These materials retain heat well, so they can be used for the construction of slits," unfortunately, is not quite correct, and clearly not suitable for the construction of walls made of wood. After all, wool, and cotton are gaining too much moisture, dries bad, especially in a compressed state, and are very attractive to insects. So use them to better insulate clothes and shoes, and not a house.
To ensure the full manifestation of the positivequalities of wood, for heat insulation is to choose natural materials, which has long been used in wooden architecture. So what natural heaters are best suited for the construction of wooden houses?
- tow (from flax, hemp or jute)
- long-staple moss
- jute, non-woven (felt) Tape
Any of these materials ideal formezhventsovogo insulation joints. They have a low thermal conductivity, antibacterial properties, and ability to absorb and release moisture. But each of them has its own characteristics, which can be attributed both advantages and disadvantages.
Best mezhventsovogo heaters
Linen hemp for insulation joints
Tow is made from rough shortfibers. It is a departure from the primary processing plants. The composition comprises flax cellulose - 76-80, lignin - 2.5 pectin - 3 beeswax 2.3. Durable, hygroscopic, flexible material. It is used for sealing sanitary connections and insulation mezhventsovogo slots. Its drawback - the difficulty of installation. After all, with a flat surface timber it requires the same uniform distribution of the insulation that is quite difficult to implement, using tow. And double konopatka significantly slows down the construction of homes. Sloppy laid tow also take away the birds, which is why you need to constantly monitor the quality of caulking.
Moss for installation slots
For caulking cracks in the wooden house most often used Kukushkin flax, red mossor sphagnum. All these types of moss has long been used for insulation in the construction of wooden houses. Now it is mainly used for baths from the logs or timber. Moss has a good anti-fungal properties, necessary for structural wood moisture absorption and impact, does not rot, and provides good natural ventilation.
When placing the moss on the board, should be left long(About 10 cm) fringe, which then need to cram in a special slot konopatki. This, of course, makes the process of erecting log slower. Because of the material weaknesses worth mentioning a large shrinkage and brittleness, which is why the caulking gaps need to constantly refresh. In addition, he has the same problem as that of the tow - the complexity of the uniform stacking.
A popular insulation jute
One of the most popular right now isJute mezhventsovogo insulation. Many of its qualities are ideal for insulation of wooden houses. Particularly attracted the builders of modern material - felt jute tape. Jute itself in its most optimal characteristics: in its composition and has a lignin (12.7) responsible for the stiffness of the fiber and pectin (0.2) with wax (0.3-0.4) giving jute fibers and the necessary flexibility elasticity, as well as preventing it from drying out.
Here are the advantages of such a tape:
- easy laying - you need only roll the tape roll on the crown of carcass
- uniformity - uniformity of the tape allows crowns fit tightly to each other
- density - not sticking out of the slit, the birds can not get him to take away, not wound up on the drill drill
- Strength and durability - long stringy fibers retain their properties
- hygroscopic - good water absorption and quick drying
- economy - with jute insulation in the form of a tape is not necessary to do a double konopatku
- environmentally friendly - natural materials without harmful impurities and related wood
Moreover, jute felt belt has the following characteristics:
- density of not less than 700 grams per square meter
- tape length - 25 m in roll
- tape width ranges from 2 cm to 1 m
- tape thickness in a free state is 12.4 mm in the compressed - is reduced in half to two times.
As you can see, most properties of jute tape respond to the qualities that should have a good heater.
Having carefully considered all kinds of heaters,proposed for the building, we found the materials most appropriate home from a bar. All the qualities required for the disclosure of useful features wooden buildings, were collected in a roll tape made of jute. Due to the fact that the tape is available in different widths and thicknesses, everyone will be able to choose the heater is ideally suited to him.