Plastering the walls with his own hands
Variety of innovative surfacing materialsdifficult to compete with the ancient methods proven successful age-old practice. How many would not appear fast, lightweight, advanced finishing technology leader ratings remains plaster. Despite the complexity of dust, dirt construction, long-term process, we, like our ancestors, plasterers wall with their hands. We are not afraid of the complexity of the work, because the final result is important and a long list of priorities specific to the practical wear-resistant plaster.
- The undeniable advantages of plaster
- The list of negative aspects
- Wet method: technology application
- Compositions for plastering walls
- Plasterer Wall grout
- As a plaster wall plaster solution
- Interior finish beacons
Plaster provides the opportunity to putvirtually any design projects. This is the best option to eliminate flaws builders to align the walls and stucco create patterns manually. It is used to form a variety of textures, colors and surface structures.
finishing the Master speak a number of specificTechnology applying the plaster mixture to the wall, so that the material is transformed into a democratic ragged natural stone, sawing rock or in a conventional clutch. According to the degree of expressiveness and terrazitovye Venetian plaster can compete wallpapers and finishing with 3D structure. And the number of options and colorful combination of various application techniques in poultry-kilometer fancy decorators grow wings.
The undeniable advantages of plaster
The choice of plaster mixtures as a finishing material-founded superiority of their operational, technical and aesthetic qualities, or rather the entire height of the aggregate set of indicators.
In the list of priorities plastering appear:
- water-repellent qualities of the material, the ability to dry out after soaking emergency without losing decorative figures;
- optimization of the insulation characteristics of the structure;
- aeropronitsaemost, ie the ability to passexcess domestic vapors, preventing premature aging and wear of materials, thereby also established a favorable balance to stay in humid areas;
- compliance with sanitary and environmental regulations;
- the ability to change subsequently textured and colorful concept decoration;
- non-flammability, on the basis of which prefer plaster for facade and interior decoration implementation of wooden buildings;
- reasonable cost of repair, especially appreciable if performed plaster walls with his own hands and apply the most affordable price in relation to the compositions.
The list of negative aspects
Despite a convincing list of arguments in favor of the application of the plaster on the walls, from this material has a number of significant drawbacks.
- in violation of the technology application of plaster mixes and non-compliance with the time required for curing may cause cracks and other defects;
- exterior trim can only be performed at zero temperature;
- for application to a wall with a smooth or glossy surfaces require pre-treatment, primer, assembly, chain-link fencing, special incisions;
- low productivity of labor-intensive work;
- building restrictions on the power of plaster layer.
The disadvantages of plaster can also be attributedunnecessarily complicated process of finishing wooden houses, the need for complex training. Ability to recognize the negative side textured plaster "soak up" the dust hoarding in relief recesses. This negative characteristic of the material, which consisted of large sand particles. However, the plastered surface can be cleaned with almost all the existing facilities are now household chemicals. To eliminate the need for frequent maintenance is best to cover special varnish, natural or synthetic wax.
Wet method: technology application
Traditionally plasters are applied successively performed in three layers, each of which performs a specific function.
- The rendering - the first layer, providing adhesionfinishing with surface materials. For its application solutions used with the consistency of thick cream. Power applied to the wood layer should not exceed 9 mm in size, in the processing of foam concrete and brick walls 5 mm. The rendering is spread only on flat concrete surfaces to comply with the equivalent thickness.
- Primer - a second layer, is performed with a solution ofthicker consistency is applied after the hardening of the previous scratch coat. Reminiscent of the dough solution leveled and overwritten until a relatively flat surface. Ground determines the thickness of the plaster, serves as a basis for final finishing.
- Nakryvki - the final stage of productionplastering. For the third upper layer using solutions with finely-dispersed carefully sifted sand. Before applying plaster, which resembles the consistency of thick cream too, dried up the soil is moistened to improve the adhesion between the two layers of plaster, and then carried out a careful alignment of the surface.
Before carrying out each stage of plastering should wait period, regulated construction standards and recommendations of manufacturers of ready mixes.
Future plasterers, concerned the question ofhow to plaster wall under the wallpaper or a different type of lining, it is necessary to know that all the work done in violation of the technology would be in vain. The plaster is peeling off, cracking and upset artists other negative phenomena.
Compositions for plastering walls
The almost forgotten past for componentsproduction of plaster mixtures were sand and cement binder material. Now there are plenty of ready-made compositions, formulas are enriched with a variety of builders. These components affect the ductility, adhesion, curing rate, the ability to freeze at a predetermined temperature. With the introduction of the modifier of plaster convenient breeding and applied. Only the cost of the finished plaster mixtures not everyone has to acquire. For adherents of the budget repair schemes and finishes prefer practical cheap cement compositions and the most popular gypsum plasters.
Materials made of cement-based plaster differ significantly from plaster mixtures, both methods of application, and on the specific characteristics affecting the scope.
Plasterer Wall grout
The main components of cement plasterare screened through a river or sea sand and cement with various traditional additives improving. Fractional size, indicating the size of the grains, determines the possible thickness of the plaster layer: the thinner the dispersion of the material, the thinner the layer of plaster can be done.
A method of preparing a solution of the producedready-mix industry is extremely simple. The capacity of 7 to 8 liters or half-filled with water, which then is added in portions of dry composition with regular stirring, construction mixer or by hand with a trowel. Who can do to save yourself a cement mixture. This will require the cement commonly used brand M400 and sifted clean sand in a ratio of 1/3.
It is undesirable to increase the share of primarybinder, due to violation of the proportions can be reduced during solidification. Then the artist will be difficult to promptly and carefully smoothed to smooth the surface.
For the "blotches" on the wall of cement plasterYou need a trowel or spatula to level poluterok or rule for smoothing trowel. Inexperienced finisher, for the first time dared to plaster the walls with his own hands, it will be enough to float and trowel.
Not for nothing in the circles of professional plasterersoverlay technique called grout blotch. A solution with a spatula should really biting slap into the wall. Only then the solution is well stick to the surface to be treated, as the smallest of its particles under the influence of shock forces can freely penetrate the upper layers of the building material. Movement plasterer nashlepyvayuschego solution reminiscent of player movement in the ping-pong around splashes, dirt, but they will have to accept to obtain optimum adhesion.
Fill once a large segment of the wall is not necessary,better start finishing part, the area of which does not exceed one meter. Finished "obshlepyvat" planned site, you can begin to equalize. It is performed in a circular motion float against the clockwise direction. The alignment process is added to the void solution, the excess material removed from the wall and are sent back into the vessel with the solution. Cash layer of cement mortar dry for at least 7-8 hours, then plops the next layer.
Smooth corners make using edged boards,fastened with screws to the wall adjacent to the workpiece. And when the need to plaster the adjacent wall, the board did not beat, and fix the struts. To form a geometrically accurate usenok (concave corners) are fastened together by two at a right angle trowel. Beginners plasterers need to remember that all of the excess solution and all the flaws should be eliminated in a period not exceeding 12 hours. After this time, remove the solidified solution will be problematic.
As a plaster wall plaster solution
Plaster mixes, also calledalabaster compositions were created to facilitate the work of plasterers. They are easily applied, rapidly solidified, but inferior cement mixtures characteristics of strength and durability.
There are mandatory requirements: alabaster solution diluted in perfectly clean containers, clean tools to apply, since the presence of impurities can reduce the process of solidification.
Contractor does not need to own specifictricks. Gypsum plaster is easy to apply on walls simple movements using a trowel, spatula or trowel. To prepare the mixture you need to read the manufacturer's instructions and strictly follow its recommendations. Plastic material is smeared on the section of the wall, then leveled rule or a large spatula. Alignment is performed in the vertical direction first and then horizontally. Dries layer plaster for 2-3 hours.
Smooth the angles formed by reinforced cornerdevice, after which the elementary pridavlivaniya, the plane is corrected with a spatula. Within an hour after the start of the curing process is necessary to remove any excess plaster with which do not always have time to handle the newcomers. Among the shortcomings of the finishing material is marked poor compatibility with oil paint painted surfaces, bad to go to Alabaster and plaster. Hand made plaster walls in this case may fall off due to the fact that during the solidification of gypsum slurry begins to stand out the moisture. It was she who causes flaking plaster on a glossy surface and changes the percentage of moisture in the putty.
Interior finish beacons
For potential plasterers who want to learn,as a plaster wall under the wallpaper, fleece, tile and other finishes on beacons, description of technology may be too confusing complicated process. In fact, everything is much easier than it might seem frightened unusual terms inexperienced person. The technique of execution is really easier to learn on the video course, but instruction on simple methods align with metal profiles can be useful.
It will take a great length usually 2 or moremeter, screws, plaster or concrete mortar, plaster tools, as well as metal profiles, produced now by the manufacturers of finishing materials and technological devices. They are not too cheap, but they are much smaller than the services of professional plasterers, also help make better and faster work.
- Recent Beacons (vertically mounted rails) is conveniently located at a distance of 20 cm from the junction with the septum adjacent wall or end wall.
- To reveal the curvature of the walls or the surface of the bearing wall vertically using a level or a primitive string with a weight at the end.
- Along a vertical rules are put in 20-30 cm plaster lumps.
- By pridavlivaniya rules on hillocks formed an imaginary level at which the alignment process is focused.
- Locked position beacon solution.
- Similarly exhibited next beacon.
- To determine the exact position of the intermediatelighthouses if they are needed for the surface with a large area, located between the points at the same level of beacons stretch cords. As an intermediate devices, denoting future plaster surface, use screws driven into the wall flush. They need to be removed after the completion of the work.
- Once hardened mortar used for fixing the beacons "zashlepyvayutsya" gaps between profiles.
- To the lighthouse is pressed against the rule and if the rails are aligned plaster.
Generally along the rails in the profiles move thevertical direction, occasionally alternating with light turns from side to side to create an even layer. After drying plaster beacons break out from the wall, left over from their grooves carefully embedded solution.
There is also a method of applying the solution using beacons. Quite simply this is done and plaster walls with his own hands.
Plastering - a complex type of finishing, butdeal with it can totally inexperienced person. You must be patient, study the manual thoroughly and accurately fulfill all the requirements. Under these conditions, flawless surface and a perfect result will long to please owners of the premises.