Sheathing plasterboard walls with his own hands
The construction of various methods usedleveling walls and improve their thermal and sound insulation. One of the easiest - plasterboard paneling. Consider the advantages and disadvantages of building material, and the feasibility of its implementation.
Plasterboard consists of a sheet of cardboard and plasterfilling therebetween. Depending on the sheet thickness, the presence of various kinds of additives and additive in the gypsum core, there are several types of plasterboard.
- Types of drywall (classification according to thickness of the sheet)
- Tools for working with fragile material
- The procedure for self-paced work
Types of drywall (classification according to thickness of the sheet):
- Ceiling (sheet thickness 9.5 mm.);
- wall (12.5 mm);
- arch (6.5 mm).
In rooms with high humidity (bathroomroom, bathroom) is better to use water-resistant drywall (gypsum plasterboard), containing special moisture repellent and anti-fungal additives. Most often, water-resistant plasterboard sheets of green. You can also apply and simple drywall, but it is necessary to protect the visible surface against moisture moisture resistant coatings: paint, primer, ceramic tiles. Inside an ordinary drywall (plasterboard) used with normal humidity. There are fire-resistant drywall (GKLO) with additional reinforcing filling, it is used to protect against fire and high temperatures. Sheets GKLO red.
We have a lot of advantages of plasterboard. Firstly, good heat and sound insulation. Secondly, the use of drywall to hide electrical wiring, heating pipes and water supply, greatly simplify the installation of lighting to illuminate. It should be noted the ease and speed of installation. Sheathing plasterboard walls with his own hands is possible. To cope with the mounting structures, a basic knowledge outlined in this article.
The main disadvantage of drywall - fragility. Plasterboard partitions much weaker brick, which greatly complicates the hitch on the wall of various items. You can not fix the plasma display to the partition of the drywall, if you have not provided the opportunity for mounting partitions, because the hollow structure. Furthermore, the use of plasterboard (even water-resistant) is undesirable in areas with more than 70% moisture.
Skinning of walls with plasterboard is made ongalvanized metal profiles or glue. Plating drywall adhesive easier and cheaper, but it is possible only with a small curvature of the walls. Here we consider the installation of gypsum board on metal profiles.
Tools for working with fragile material
For oshbivki plasterboard walls, we need:
- wall sheets of plasterboard (12.5mm);
- galvanized steel profiles;
- siblings connectors ( "crabs");
- suspensions for profiles;
- Metal scissors;
- drill with drill bits;
- screws for metal 4mm to 25mm drywall;
- knife for drywall;
- mounting for profiles: expansion plugs "quick installation";
- soundproof tape;
- fishing line or thread;
- putty for grouting;
- putty knife.
The procedure for self-paced work
- Fastening profiles and suspensions.
- Fastening drywall panels.
1. Partitioning is done with the help of a tape measure and a plumb line level. First we need to determine the degree of curvature of the walls. On the wall is necessary to mark the places of fixing hangers, which will later be mounted supporting profiles. Suspensions should be placed vertically at a distance of 80 cm from each other. Along the wall on the floor and mark out a place on the ceiling fixing rail profiles. The profiles of different sizes are used depending on the desired structural strength. For a more solid construction profiles are used: guides UD27 (28 27mm?), Bearing CD60 (60 27mm?). Economy version: guide UD17 (21 17mm?), Bearing CD47 (47 17mm?).
Support profiles should be placed ona distance of 60, 40 or 30 cm between the centers of their axes, it is very important, since the width of the drywall sheets 120cm; it is necessary that the seams between the sheets held by the middle profiles. The first support section is fixed at a distance from the corner 20-50sm. The shorter the distance between the vertical profiles, the stronger the structure, but the greater number of profiles required, which significantly increase the cost of installation. You can enhance the design of other means cheaper: using two-layer overlapping slabs of drywall. In this case, the second layer of panels placed so as to avoid overlap seams.
2. Fixing hangers and profiles - the most difficult and important process. You must first cut the profile to the desired length using scissors or grinders for metal. The first fixed upper guide profile. To do this, drill punch holes in the ceiling and fix the profile of expansion plugs. Between the wall and the profile is laid soundproof tape. Then, using the plumb bob note attaching the lower profile. The method of fastening the lower profile is exactly the same method of fixing the upper. Care should be taken that the two guide profiles are in one plane vertically one below the other.
Next should be fixed side guidesprofiles. After installation of the perimeter of the guide profiles are secured to the wall hangers, which are set on the vertical line using a plumb line. Next 4mm screws are attached to the vertical load-bearing suspensions profile. Thus it is necessary to check the evenness of the vertical profiles using fishing line stretched between the upper and lower profiles. If the ceiling height of more than 2.5m, the length of the sheet of drywall will not be enough in the joints will need to install the horizontal bridges, securing their single-level connectors ( "crabs"). At the same time should be avoided cruciform joints between sheets of drywall, so the sheets are fixed with an offset.
3. Fastening drywall panels made with special screws 25mm long. The first sheet must be cut thin edge. Cut sheets are quite easily: it is sufficient to penetrate the cardboard knife on one side, then on the cutting line to break the other. Drywall Sheet is set so that the edge along the center of the carrier profile, screws are screwed up drowning hats 1mm in drywall. First, set the whole sheet, then insert. The distance between the screws along the edges to be 10-15cm, 20-25cm in the middle of the sheet. To prevent chipping extreme drywall screws screwed at a distance of 10 cm from the corners of the sheet. To improve heat and sound insulation of the space between the slabs of drywall and wall can be filled with mineral wool.
4. Sealing joints should occur at a temperature below + 10 °, moreover, during the three days after the sealing temperature and humidity should not be altered. All seams and joints are cleaned from dust and primed; in those places where the sheets are not cut off, the seams are sealed serpyanku (to putty on joints not cracked). On the outer corners using a putty glued perforated angle. Further terminations between sheets of drywall produced in two stages: first fill the gap and after drying line the joints. After sealing joints grind sandpaper and primed.
The result of this work will be smootha wall, ready for further finishing. Now you can glue the wallpaper, putty before painting or gluing tiles. Sheets of drywall will hide all the irregularities of the walls.