50 photos of non-woven wallpaper in the interior of your apartment. How to choose and how to properly glue. Help in gluing flizeline wallpaper of different types.
Flizeline wallpaper - a popular optionDecoration of walls. These wallpapers have a lot of advantages. Which ones - let's understand below. At the same time find out what kinds of non-woven wallpaper and how to glue them. Photos of interesting interiors with non-woven wallpaper are attached.
- About types of non-woven wallpaper
- Pros and cons of non-woven wallpaper
- How correctly to glue non-woven wallpaper?
- Fleece wallpaper in the interior
About types of non-woven wallpaper
Non-woven - what is it? This is the material that was originally used in the textile industry. Non-woven fabric makes the fabric ten times stronger, in addition, it allows you to give the clothes the necessary shape, which, for example, is very important when making collars and lapels of a jacket. In the building materials market, non-woven fabric is used only a little over a decade. At the heart of the fabrication of non-woven fabric are paper and fabric fibers, which are cemented with astringent chemical composition. All these components are pressed, after which a rather durable material is obtained.
There are three main types of non-woven wallpaper:
- Completely non-woven wallpaper
- Wallpaper on a paper basis
- Fleece Wallpaper for painting
Each of these types of wallpaper solves certain tasks. Therefore, which is better to choose - it is necessary to determine directly based on your needs.
Completely non-woven wallpaper
Fully non-woven wallpaper consist of severalLayers of non-woven. Due to its manufacturing technology, such wallpaper is impregnated with glue (astringent chemical compound) beforehand and therefore for gluing it is necessary to smear with glue only the walls, and not the wallpaper. In turn, this allows you to work with a dry cloth, so wallpaper:
- Do not shrink
- Do not soak
- Less torn
- Do not lose your appearance
Determine what kind of wallpaper in front of you - paperOr flizelinovye - is extremely simple: make a small tear and look at the edge. If the edge is soft, fibrous - it's non-woven wallpaper. And if the line of an anguish is sharp, with notches - paper.
Vinyl wallpaper on non-woven basis
The note "on non-woven base" indicates that the main layer of these wallpapers is non-woven, but the top decorative can be anything - paper, textile, vinyl.
Vinyl wallpaper on a non-woven basis is most in demand today, because vinyl coating gives the appearance of wallpaper a special texture and refinement.
Be careful when choosing wallpaper with vinyl spraying! Vinyl of poor quality can lose its appearance already during the process of gluing.
Flizeline wallpaper for painting
If you do not know what is best - paint the walls orDecorate them with wallpaper - the answer is extremely simple: use the wallpaper for painting! On the one hand, due to the wallpaper (especially non-woven) the walls will acquire additional heat and sound insulation, and on the other - you can change the interior of your room without much effort, major repairs and significant financial influences.
Flizeline wallpaper for painting allows you to repaint the walls up to ten times!
|Flizeline wallpaper for painting||From $ 5 / roll|
|Vinyl wallpaper on non-woven basis||From $ 15 / roll|
|Completely non-woven wallpaper||From $ 25 / roll|
Pros and cons of non-woven wallpaper
Specialists distinguish the following advantages of non-woven:
- Due to the density of non-woven wallpaper, there is no need to make perfectly flat walls, to cover small cracks and roughnesses - they simply remain invisible under the layer of wallpaper.
- Non-woven wallpaper has a high fire resistance, so they are safer.
- The pressed structure ensures free air circulation.
- Stunningly user-friendly. As already mentioned, non-woven wallpaper does not require impregnation with glue, does not soak, so it is much easier and faster to glue.
- Since there is no need to apply glue to the wallpaper, then the places for their installation need much less than for paper.
- The width of the canvas is almost twice that of paper, which also shortens the time for their gluing.
- Flizelinovye wallpaper is not inclined to accumulate dust, so they are recommended to use to decorate the premises of people suffering from allergies or asthma.
- The moisture resistance of non-woven wallpaper allows you to look after them with an ordinary wet cloth.
- Flizeline wallpaper is not afraid of the sun, they do not burn out and retain their appearance for many years.
- If it's wallpaper for painting, then you can easily change the interior in the shortest time - just paint them.
However, there are some disadvantages:
- Vinyl coating is very fragile. Therefore, working with him must be extremely cautious.
- If the vinyl coating is very embossed, dust and dirt can accumulate on it. Such wallpaper will not be very appropriate in the kitchen. For allergy sufferers and asthmatics, they are also harmful.
- Wallpaper for painting will require double costs: On the wallpaper and on the paint. In addition, if you hire people to do the work, then you will have to pay for the gluing and painting separately. However, in the future, you can save on repairs.
- The price of wall-paper from flizelin is a little higher, than paper.
How correctly to glue non-woven wallpaper?
First of all, it is necessary to prepare a wall for gluing:
- Remove old wallpaper
- Remove old paint or sand it with sandpaper (medium)
- Align the surface
After that, cut the wallpaper. If your wallpaper does not have a picture or it does not need to be adjusted, it's enough to cut the wallpaper with stripes equal to the height of the ceiling plus 5-7 centimeters from the bottom and from above. If there is a picture on the wallpaper, you need to cut the wallpaper so that when the label is on the picture it coincides.
Next, you should prepare a special adhesive forNon-woven wallpaper in accordance with the attached instructions. Typically, the adhesive must be brewed from fifteen minutes to half an hour. When the glue is ready - apply it to the wall.
Cloth wallpaper is mounted on the wall dry. Strips are glued to the joint. To start better from the corner of the window - then the seams will be almost invisible.
After the strip of wallpaper is pasted on the wall -Cut off excess wallpaper from the top and bottom, remove excess glue with a rag. With vinyl spraying, the adhesive should be wiped carefully, because it is very fragile!
Read more: How to glue wallpaper?
Fleece wallpaper in the interior
In the bedroom
For walls in the bedroom Designers recommend the use of soft colorsCalm shades. This will allow you to relax and relax as much as possible. Success will look soft green, blue, peach colors. Warm or cold scale - depends on which side of the house is the bedroom. In a room on the south side, it's better to use cooler shades, while with the north side it's better to prefer warmer colors. If you want an extraordinary solution for your bedroom, you can make a bright and saturated one of the walls, best of all - at the head of the bed. Then the interior will turn out to be interesting, but minimally annoying, because most of the time you will be with your back to the wall that stands out. For its decoration you can use wallpaper with avant-garde pattern, screaming flowers or photo wallpapers.
In the living room
AT living room You can use a wide variety of colors andTexture of wallpaper, because this room is designed to be stylish and fashionable. By combining different wallpapers, you can conditionally divide the living room into different zones. This is very important for unified studio apartments, as well as for small one-room apartments. With the help of various drawings you can achieve a variety of, and sometimes unexpected visual effects. For example, vertical bars visually lift the ceilings, while horizontal bands will expand the narrow space. For decoration ceiling can be used liquid wallpaper.
In the kitchen
In fact, in the kitchen it is better to use tileTiles or washable panels, because due to constant cooking, the kitchen walls are constantly contaminated, as well as the constant influence of temperatures and moisture. However, from such materials you can only make a working area in the kitchen, while the rest of it (in particular - the zone for eating with Dining table) Decorate with wallpaper. Non-woven wallpaper is strong enough and wear-resistant, besides they can be washed. For the kitchen is best to choose non-woven wallpaper without vinyl spraying. Alternative option may be the use of fiberglass.
In the children's
A wide range of non-woven wallpaper for children's room Allows you to make fabulous even the most ungainlyAnd a tiny room. In the sleeping area, it is better to use more moderate and neutral colors of the wallpaper, but in the zone for games you can manifest and realize all your imagination! Excellent will look the thematic design of a children's room in the form of a sailboat, a castle, a doll house or a football field. You can make a room in your child's favorite colors. Using the wallpaper for painting, on the wall you can draw geometric shapes or your favorite cartoon characters. But the most important rule, which all parents are obliged to be guided by when creating a room for their child - first of all, she should like him! Therefore, be sure to ask what the child would like to see in his room.