Liquid wallpaper - 75 ideas for a unique design. Unique interior with their own hands. Help in manufacturing technology and application
Here you will learn what liquid wallpaper, with somethe ins and outs will face the hosts in such design houses as cheaply create a liquid wall with their hands, as well as get acquainted with the photo a professional finish and design of the bedroom, living room and children's room!
- 1.What is a liquid wallpaper?
- 2."For" and "against" the decoration using liquid wallpaper
- 3.How do liquid wallpaper in the home with their own hands
- 4.The technology of applying liquid wallpaper
- 4.1.Features of the application of liquid wallpaper
- 4.2.Features of the application drawings and patterns
- 4.3.Care liquid wallpaper
- 5.Where to apply a finish
- 5.1.Living room and bedroom
- 5.2.children's room
- 6.Photos in the interior
More and more diverse is the choicefinishing materials, from liquid to plaster and fiberglass, so it becomes increasingly difficult to select an alternative paper roll classics. Try without departing advertising rightly understand all the pros and cons of liquid wallpaper, the methods of their application and design options of various premises. To get started find out what they look like.
What is a liquid wallpaper?
There is no clear opinion about what is the difference between the decorative plaster and liquid wallpaper. Some believe that the liquid wallpaper - a kind of finishing plaster, others, on the contrary, that the liquid wallpaper - A mixture that combines the properties of plaster andpaper wallpaper. One thing is clear: it is not necessary to identify these concepts - they meet different requirements, have different textures and different applied to the surface.
The component-based liquid wallpaper is cellulosefiber and adhesive. Depending on the decor to the composition may be added to cotton and silk fibers, dyes, as well as all kinds of relief elements - wood chips, mica algae and plants, sand and more.
By the way their structure defines first and foremostliquid wallpaper advantage - a huge variety of colors, patterns, textures, so that they can be used as decoration for almost all the rooms at home, office or public space.
"For" and "against" the decoration using liquid wallpaper
To properly weigh all the pros and cons of liquid wallpaper, we refer to the comparison table and visually see how much performance was laid on the scales "for" and how much "against".
|Resistance to frost and sharp change of t °, can be used in a poorly heated rooms.||They are afraid moisture, which facilitates their dismantling, but it is absolutely not possible to use them in the bathroom.|
|Do not fade in the sun, in contrast to the paper wallpaper.||Dry clean only (vacuum cleaner or dry cloth), so undesirable finish them quickly foul grease and grime kitchen walls.|
|When applied to adjust the surface (cracks, holes, etc.), so does not require pre-treatment of plaster surface (of course, if it is not a very uneven surfaces).||The relatively high price compared to conventional wallpaper|
|It is easy to put on the wall and also easy to dismantle.|
|Isolate sound warm.|
|Absolutely environmentally friendly, non-toxic, does not emit harmful substances.|
|Do not accumulate dirt and dust|
|Walls, unlike vinyl, moisture does not accumulate, and no syreyut not create a greenhouse effect in the flat.|
|They can be used on hard, non-standard surfaces, ie, where the paper wall will have to trim, glue, to seal decorative elements.|
Obviously, the advantages of liquid wallpaper far outweigh the disadvantages, but it is not so simple.
Consider the pros. Prone to this type of decoration, considerhow straight you have walls, whether they require pre-treatment, and whether there will be noticeable differences in the composition and roughness of the surface. For liquid wallpaper can smooth only minor flaws, but does not align the wall, as it could make a plaster or drywall.
Let us turn to the downside, especially to the issue of cleaning. On the one hand, wet cleaning liquid wallpaper simply dismantle them, so wipe with a moisture simply impossible. On the other hand, if you for some reason, soiled piece of the wall, you can easily have planted a mixture of wholemeal and strike it on the contaminated area. Uncomfortable it will only be in a place where the walls are constantly polluted (eg in the kitchen), in all other cases, it is much easier and more aesthetic than cut a piece of contaminated wallpaper and paste a new one.
Along with paper and vinyl wallpaper, liquid wallpaper have a wide range of colors and textures,so you can realize all your design skills and combine several kinds of mixtures in the intricate pattern or picture, whatever you managed to achieve using conventional paper wallpaper.
How do liquid wallpaper in the home with their own hands
Before you have life hacking manufacture of liquid wallpaper inhome, the method proves that the lack of a "high price" is very relative. If you apply a little ingenuity and creativity, you get such an option here:
- Take the paper (even fit a normal A4 can be stained even drafts). We cut it in a chaotic manner, the smaller, the better. On average, pieces of 3-4 cm.
- Fill it with water in the tank, in whichand our future will be a mixture, ie, on a "bucket is not a pity." The water should completely cover the paper, but not in abundance, so that the solution will be too runny. We leave it for 2-3 hours, until the paper is completely razmoknet.
- A building with a mixer grind soaked sheets as much as a homogeneous mixture.
- Adding color, plaster, PVA glue (the proportion of 1 sheet of paper - 1 teaspoon of plaster and glue 5 mL), stir again. You can add decorative elements - chips, sequins, etc.
- Iron trowel applied to dry the prepared surface layer of 3-4 mm, give dry.
Such is the simple master-class will allow original decorate the walls practically free.
The technology of applying liquid wallpaper
Rules applying liquid wallpaper shown on eachpackaging, so it makes no sense to dwell on that, in what proportions and the mixture is ready to breed. We are a little more will tell you about some of the subtleties that will improve the aesthetic appearance of the decoration and help to avoid various "mistakes" of repair.
Features of the application of liquid wallpaper
- After dilution of the dry ready mix (according to the manual), it needs to let it stand for 12 hours. Before applying stir again.
- Initial and subsequent mixing is best done by hand, because the mixer can destroy the structure and effect of the wallpaper is not the one, as in the picture.
- Apply the mixture with a metal neededspatula, while pressing must be optimally constant and uniform - not excessive, so as not to disturb the texture, but not weak, so that the coating has fallen off.
- One wall has to be from one batch, otherwise there is a risk of visible transitions;
- The total layer should not be more than 5.4 mm. Ideally - 3.2 mm in the rough layer of 2 mm - for finishing.
Do not forget to leave the finished wall to dry for 48-72 hours, depending on the humidity of the room.
Features of the application drawings and patterns
- Apply to wall rough pencil drawing;
- Small rubber spatula 2-5 cm apply the mixture and rub it along the contour of the figure, taking care not to act abroad;
- After drying (3-4 hours is enough) bear the following colors;
- Try to put all the colors of the same layer.
Care liquid wallpaper
Remember, take care of the liquid wallpaper, you can only use a dry, clean, no damp rags or brushes scrubbing stains!
If you have a problem with pollution,gently wet the affected area, remove the old layer with a sharp knife or spatula and apply a new layer of the same mixture of colors and textures. Initially, the updated piece will vary in color, but after drying You will not notice the difference.
Where to apply a finish
Liquid wallpaper is well suited for ceiling finishes and the walls of the bedroom, children's room, living room or corridor, it is not recommended to use them only in the bathroom (high humidity) and the kitchen (where there is a risk of contamination).
Living room and bedroom
Liquid wallpaper perfect for decorationbedroom and living room, both from the aesthetic side, and on the tactile sensations. Pleasant to the touch and interesting texture is fully silk plaster - Liquid wallpaper in the composition containing silk and cotton fiber. With them, the room will look very cozy as if fitted by textiles.
For more originality in the mix can add a little glitter or fluorescent dye, causing a gentle shimmer in the light and glow in the dark.
It is also one of the walls, you can select original (in the living room - It is a wall, which will abut view from the sofa, in the bedroom - it is an area at the head of the bed) with textured plaster or liquid wallpaper with a large non-uniform texture.
Rich and stylish classic looks goldenVenetian plaster ( "marble dust"). It creates a unique deep light walls, cozy glow, play of light and shade with barely show through cracks and veins. No one can remain indifferent to such design of the living room or bedroom.
Adding granules and flock will create a three-dimensional image and revive the monotonous surface of the walls. In addition, this design trick used to visually expand the room.
How else can you originally arrange babyExcept using liquid wallpaper. Such a room:
- Safer - the walls are breathing, do not create the greenhouse effect, and do not accumulate dust;
- Interesting - unlike the paper alternativeHere you create yourself any desired pattern and may even invite your child to be creative. Made liquid wallpaper the room will look much more comfortable than the colored paint. Relive its decorative elements, glitter, fluorescent paint.
- Always ready to experiment and children"Surprises". If from the usual wallpaper you do not always clean the "children's creativity", in the case of liquid wallpaper can always be repaired wall painted child.
Photos in the interior
Be sure to also read our detailed article on the use of the interior Wallpaper for painting.