As with the better paint battens
Batten - a board of selected wood,which sheathe facades, walls and ceilings indoors, balconies, loggias, verandas. The advantages of lining weight. It is durable, facilitates uniform distribution of the humidity in the room and prevents stagnation of condensate, excellent retains heat, has a higher sound quality and its aesthetic appearance and a pleasant smell of wood - apart from the competition. To the wood is not darkened with time and not lost its attractiveness due to adverse external influences, it must be protected with special coatings. Below, we describe in detail how and what to paint linings inside the house, outside, on the balconies, loggias, terraces.
- The painted exterior wall paneling
- What to choose?
- The paint battens on the balcony and indoors
- The technology step by step
- helpful hints
The painted exterior wall paneling
The most prone to aging and destruction of the lining,which is lined with the facades of buildings. At her influence: moisture, ultraviolet radiation, reproduction of microorganisms that cause decay, fungi, mold, insects. The best option would be, if the exterior finish you purchase battens made of coniferous trees. It is advisable to do so as a resin contained in these tree species, is an excellent natural antiseptic that protects the material from the fungus, it also prevents the penetration of moisture, so the conifers are much more durable than hardwood. But such battens must be treated with special means to improve its performance and preserve the aesthetic qualities.
For the protection of wood surfaces, there are several types of coatings. The main ones are:
- Glazing (translucent) antiseptics;
- Overprint (opaque) antiseptics;
- oil paints;
- Acrylic paints;
- Very popular akvalaki acrylic and alkyd paints.
What to choose?
- Coatings, antisepsis absorbed into the wood a few millimeters in depth and protect the lining from the effects of UV radiation, precipitation, mildew, blue stain and rot.
- Translucent antiseptics perfectly preserve the texture of wood, give it a richer hue, better than other coatings emphasize the natural beauty of wood pattern.
- Opaque antiseptic completely cover wood texture, while maintaining a prominent relief wooden surface.
- Oil paint is very well absorbed by thewood, have excellent weatherability, prevents ingress of moisture into it. But they dry slowly enough (at least 7 hours, and more often - a few days), they tend to change over time, the color and matting, which is most noticeable in the dark and bright shades of paint.
- Acrylic paint Weatherproof, much betterkeep oil saturated color, glitter, good, "breathe", ie, they have a water vapor permeability, elastic, no crack. Modern acrylic akvalaki the most environmentally friendly in comparison to other, often recommended to treat their inner surfaces.
- Alkyd paints are solid, they are typically coated floors. The service life of paints and lacquers is from 5 to 10 years, after which the process will re-lining surface.
Of all types of coatings for the treatment of the facadespreferable to use glazing antiseptics tested manufacturers. Judge for yourself: if after use paint ever loss of natural beauty of the natural tree cover, the translucent material will retain and emphasize the structure of the material.
After all, the goal you are pursuing whenstudded facade lining, is not it? Good study instruction. Choose those coatings that are not afraid to lower temperatures. You can also buy any other kind of varnishes and paints, for the most part they are universal, sometimes the difference is only in the number of layers. For the treatment of the facade of the house is necessary to put at least 3 layers.
The paint battens on the balcony and indoors
On the balconies, loggias and verandas battens on the wallsakvalakami better cover, and floor - alkyd paints (of course, if they are wooden). Likewise, it is recommended to process linings indoors. But this is true for those who wish to protect this wood coating, while maintaining its original natural appearance. Typically, the material used indoors pine. Its original color - gold, lacquer prevent it darkening, which is inevitable if you do not handle such means.
Different types of paint should be usedthose who want to change the color of the walls in accordance with the interior space is sheathed. After all, with the help of paints bunk can be given any desired color - from pure white to, for example, bright red. The most popular semi-matt water-based paints, which are intended for use on wood and metal. 1 liter of paint usually cost 10 square meters. meters.
The technology step by step
To handle lining, you will need:
- paint tray
- Protective glasses
- Brush (can sometimes come in handy spray gun or roller)
Next, the sequence of actions will be:
1. Clean the surface from dust, dirt and traces of the old structure. This is a very important stage. Paints and varnishes can not be applied to the dirty surface. Therefore, clean off all dirt and old paint brush or scraper, washed well with water. If the flaps are on the old structure bunk hold strongly enough, you can try to wash it with a solution of soda (300 g per bucket of water (hot)). This is usually enough to clean off all the good. Mold can be removed with a special solution to remove mold. Old paneling, rotten and crooked boards need to be replaced. For cleaning you can use a special bleaching or lightening stained. For better paint adhesion to the surface can be degreased its alkaline detergents
2. Grinding the entire surface of the wood. This can be done quite effectively by ordinary pumice.
3. Applying an antiseptic primer if necessary. This step is possible and miss, but the durability of the applied composition of these works better to produce. The fact that pine, spruce, and many other woody species have so-called "resin pockets" in the cut of knots. Resin, which is allocated from time to time of such formations, lowers the protective properties of the septic tank or ink. Primers are different: for external, separately and for interior works, produced and antifungal, and protivoplesnevye primers, etc. They significantly extend the life of coatings. Therefore, pre-lining problematic areas primed and wait until primer is dry (usually lining dries in a day).
4. The last stage of the surface is covered with paint or transparent antiseptics. For their application using the spray gun, roller or brush. Finish is applied to a thin layer of battens, producing continuous motion of the brush from top to bottom. It is recommended to avoid spending brush repeatedly at the same place. Paint only the tips of the bristle brush, but not the bottom. When the first layer dries, is applied to the second and then third, if necessary. It should be borne in mind that the few thin layers will keep longer than 1 thick. The final layer is applied from the top down, or divorce from the brush will be visible.
If you want to really qualitatively perform painting and want the life of the paint on the bunk it was as long as possible, be sure to follow these tips
- Mix the paint as carefully as possible before and during painting, otherwise the color and gloss coating will be uneven.
- Make a test paint, for example, on a small plot of unused boards. So you can check the correctness of the chosen color.
- It is best to paint with a brush. But do not apply it too thick layers in order to avoid non-uniformity of color and surface gloss.
- Do not be surprised, but sometimes in the course of work you canuseful tsigeykovye gloves. The key is that the lining may alternate with pipes and other metal elements. Previous pipe paint is very difficult, because one side is always on the ground. So just remove the tsigeykovuyu mitten fur outside, put her on the arm and then lower the ink to be used as a brush. Over 1 minute in this peculiar way possible to paint the pipe up to 5 m.
- Try zakolerovat primer in a color that will best meet the upcoming paintwork.
- Do not paint under the influence of direct sunlightrays, otherwise the paint can dry quickly undesirable. It is better not to make the paint work in bright, sunny weather and on hot days, as in the days of rainfall. Optimal weather for painting - windless, cloudy and warm.
- The ends of the boards - it's weakest points, through them,water is the most quickly and easily absorbed into the wood, which is why they require particularly careful handling. Cover them with several layers of primer paint material.
- Keep in mind, going to paint the facade of the building -if no bunk gross structural defects, it can be easy to paint again in the same or a different color. We just need to stick to one rule: for re-painting always use the same cover that was present in the bunk above. Types of paint is easy to determine visually. Acrylate paint cracks in the direction of the wood fibers and has a leathery surface. It can detach and roll up into a tube, while it does not break. In this experiment oil paint faults with a bang. In an antiseptic usually glossy film. The surface with antiseptic allowed to repaint them well or oil paint.
All of the recommendations listed in this article,aimed at both the extension of the life of the lining, as well as to improve its aesthetic appearance. After all, without a special paint to protect it very soon will darken, it will appear on the molds, fungi and other microorganisms that provoke rotting. Choosing optimal coverage, you will be able to significantly extend lining life, as well as arrange your interior in any pleasing style.