Laying tiles on plasterboard
Gypsum enjoys a well-deserved success in thebuilding materials market. Versatility, flexibility, ease of handling and a perfect compatibility with the other components of the decor - the main advantages that led to its leading position. It is even possible to use the FCL in conditions of high humidity. Not only that, you can put tile on gypsum board and is easy to create a perfect image of the bathroom. In general, the complexity of the process of laying and is not quite capable of even novice users.
- Preparation for laying tile
- How to choose a tile
- How to choose the glue
- How to lay tile on drywall: procedure
- A set of essential tools
- Surface Preparation - Primer
- The choice of laying schemes
- Preparation of glue - follow the instructions
- Bonding of the first row
- Grout joints - finishing touch
- Important recommendations masters
Preparation for laying tile
Before you begin the work neededto choose the necessary materials. Some do not particularly emphasize on this. And it is in vain, because the quality of the placement depends on the quality of finishing equipment.
How to choose a tile
Going for the purchase must be guided by the following parameters:
- pattern quality. Substandard tiles are easily recognized by the small defects in the front surface of: blurred, blurry picture, the discrepancy lines divorce. This option is not facing even worth considering;
- Smooth surface. Any builder will say with confidence that the flat tile does not happen. This statement is not without its share of truth. Even the most high-quality tile will not have a perfectly flat surface, but there are patterns that are better not to acquire. To determine the degree of flatness take 2 tiles, attach them to each other, right sides and vote a perfect seal, the swing between them and the gaps;
It is important!
Pay special attention to the corners. They must be smooth and straight. Take the time to attach the tiles to each other by different parties. "Spanish" most flat tiles. Equally important is the wrong side. If the picture on the reverse side is not defined, the name and brand of the tiles can not be seen - and then that instance is not for you.
- tile hardness. This figure is not to reveal the eye, although perekalennuyu tile (which becomes very brittle) gives uneven underlying color and brilliant reverse side. Hardness can be determined by the sound: good tile with a mild kick thud.
The number of tiles required is more convenient to calculate the piece rather than the meter.
How to choose the glue
Clay is crucial in the process of finishing, so pondering the question of how to put tile on drywall, should take care of high-quality adhesive-based.
There are several types of glue, allowable to use:
- cementitious adhesive. Typically, materials based on cement plaster surface is not applied, but because the adhesive in this case will be in contact with the paper, this method is acceptable;
- elastic adhesive. Produced in a dry mix or a ready solution poured in the container. The second option - much more expensive;
- liquid Nails. It is the most expensive method, which is useful if you need to glue the tiles will fall off the unit. But if you still chose it, buy moistureproof brand of liquid nails.
How to lay tile on drywall: procedure
Laid tile on drywall in the bathroom in several stages, each of which has its own characteristics.
A set of essential tools
To work need the following tools: spatula with smooth and ribbed surface, level, drill with paddle mixing glue, brush, Tile, plastic spacers crosses.
Surface Preparation - Primer
The first thing you need to be primed surface of the drywall.
For better use of the primer «Mira 4120", "Tifengrund Knauf" or their analogs, which are presented in a wide range at any supermarket.
In order to ensure maximum tightness and surface strength, a primer must be applied in two layers.
The choice of laying schemes
Tiles on the drywall is applied on the basis ofsurface area. It is necessary to calculate the exact number of rows of tiles horizontally, and then divide the length of the surface on the tile width (do not forget to take into account the width of the gap).
In the case where the remainder of the division is greater than half the width of a whole tile, masonry should begin with a "visible" part. Then forced clipped tiles will be in an inconspicuous corner.
If the remainder of the division is less than half a tile width, it is better to start laying off the wall center. So trimmed tiles would look neat and symmetrical.
Preparation of glue - follow the instructions
The leader of the most popular - dry glue, attracting consumers the best quality / price ratio. Cook it simply, the main thing - to follow the instructions stated by the manufacturer.
The dry mixture is poured into the prepared container and add the strictly necessary amount of water, mix thoroughly.
It is important!
Mix glue conveniently using a drill with a special nozzle.
Do not knead just a lot of solution, especiallyIf experience in laying you do not. Better fewer dissolve, allowing the glue to spend the time to solidify. Experienced builders are advised to prepare a solution, which is enough for about 1m2.
Bonding of the first row
Before laying fasten the bottom wall woodenrail, which must be at a distance to the floor slats to found room number of tiles, ie at the height of the second row. Rail is better to fix horizontally, using a builder's level.
Laying tiles on plasterboard begins from the edgea center wall. Having laid the first tile on the bar, put a number of vertical upward and to the left or right - horizontal, at the same time filling the gap between the tiles.
It is important!
In the process needs to be filled with a solution and the space between the tiles.
In order to maintain the same distance betweentiles, special crosses are used, which are inserted into the butt of four tiles. They come in different sizes and are sold in any specialized supermarket department.
Grout joints - finishing touch
After curing the adhesive, remote crosses should be removed, clean the joints of excess solution and fill them with grout.
Also, for additional protection against moisture can process them waterglass or silicone.
Important recommendations masters
- tiling approach is not any drywall. Use washable plates gipsovolokonnyh (GVLV). If this is not possible, then a conventional plasterboard sheets need to put a guide rails at a distance of 40 cm from each other. With the help of screws or staple gun to fix these guide sheets of drywall;
It is important!
Sometimes, instead of planks laid plaster gridpolypropylene, which helps prevent the deformation of drywall when swollen. The mesh is adhered using PVA adhesive, and further fixed clamps.
- primer is applied with an interval of 45 minutes in two layers;
- the primer can be applied by roller or brush, but professionals use a notched trowel: smooth edge put primer, and gear - partitioned so that remained flat strip;
- to achieve the highest adhesive properties of the adhesive, dilute it to the consistency of thick cream;
- press the tile adhesive to the surface of the hands should be for large size tiles, you can use a plastic or wooden mallet with rubber pads;
- better tiles laid in several stages at five rows at a time. After each series is recommended to make a break - 60 minutes, which will remove the tension arising at the base;
- The tiled surface must dry out for at least a day. During this time, the adhesive composition will have time polemirizirovatsya, ie fix tiles thoroughly;
- After grouting is necessary to put on the sites jammed special varnish that protects the composition caused by dirt and moisture.
Now you know how to glue tiles on plasterboard so that the result pleased the reliability and impeccable appearance for a long time.