How to plaster concrete blocks and blocks of aerated concrete
Lightweight durable vapor permeable artificialStone is actively displaces traditional building materials market. Cheap aerated concrete, gas silicate and aerated concrete products are of the extensive list of benefits, which reduces the weight of a few drawbacks. It's not too presentable and shrinkage due to drying and carbonization. The disadvantages of this type of building materials can easily eliminate those who know how to plaster concrete blocks, walls and ceilings are composed of materials with similar structure. Proper execution of plastering work to ensure the durability and strength of the finish.
- Why it is recommended to plaster?
- Specificity plastering porous concrete
- Unit Type - plastering selection criteria
- How to plaster concrete blocks
- Water-proofing - optimization of the service life
- What and how to plaster aerated
Why it is recommended to plaster?
Plaster - the most appropriate optionfinish interior surfaces and facade cladding of foam concrete and aerated concrete building structures. Of all the finishing materials submitted by the customer to date, only a properly chosen and plastering can optimize the technical and operational characteristics of insulating materials made of foamed concrete. The benefits of working together to render this category of materials include:
- improved thermal insulation characteristics of the structure;
- protection from the negative effects of moisture;
- obstacle to saturate the material with dust and carbon dioxide, the interaction which causes shrinkage;
- reducing the impact on the building material of sharp temperature changes and other negative factors that reduce service life of the structure;
- ensuring the free passage of domesticevaporation from the inner surface of the bearing walls of the building structure through the thickness, making the products of vaporization be evacuated outside the building.
Plastering - a vapor-permeable material, thankswhich on the surface finish of foam blocks and aerated concrete walls will not stay wet. So, there will be resettlement colonies of fungi and bacteria, due to life activity which prematurely destroyed building material. Best of all, if the walls are equipped on both sides with plaster, so that they will be able to "breathe".
If the output of a pair of anything willprevent, apart from the rapid deterioration of foam concrete and concrete blocks often be necessary to repair the plastered surface. The accumulated moisture under the finish after several cycles of freezing and thawing can cause the appearance of cracks of different sizes and a violation of the integrity of the plaster layer. "Two-way" plaster will not be an obstacle to the free gas exchange, that is, to bring out the negative domestic gas and fresh air to enter into the premises.
Specificity plastering porous concrete
The porous structure of building blocks,made of foam concrete, is the basis of a set of qualities that attract builders and future owners of residential buildings. Air bubbles contained in the original cells that act as the most effective insulator. This also explains the lightweight material that reduces the cost of construction and the amount of labor costs. But these virtues create complications when applying plaster as a mixture between an ordinary plaster and concrete surface adhesive force is not always sufficient for the stability of stable topcoat.
Unit Type - plastering selection criteria
Initially, aerated concrete products are produced inas insulation, so the quality of the surface and the ability to work together with finishing materials did not stand at the forefront. Much later, builders, paid attention to the technological advantages of the installation of large blocks, their strength and light weight, began to use concrete blocks as the material for the erection of walls, still later for the construction of load-bearing structures. Here and there was a problem finishing, the question arose: "The plaster foam block?". The smooth surface of products from foam "did not want to keep the" most types of fillers and conventional plaster.
The builders are now available two types offoam concrete blocks, which are for the production of two different technologies are used. Based on what building material from appearing on the market under the generic name of "aerated concrete blocks", there are some differences.
- Foam concrete blocks are made by injection moldingtechnologies. Uncomplicated production includes solution bay in a special cassette, which is formed and drying the future building material. Dries naturally the uncovered surface of the block usually has bumps and irregularities. During the recess of the pallet product form often break off the corners. The characteristic parameters are dark in color, the presence of chips and damage to the rest of the walls of the oily composition of products used in the production in order to facilitate stripping. Due to the characteristic features together poorly adheres to plaster wall. To improve the adhesion to surface is cleaned and processed cloth.
- Foam blocks made sawing method. The production technology is low tide foam concrete array of large format and then cut into elements with the given customer or the size of the building standards. The walls, built of sawing foam concrete blocks, plastered much easier, since an increase in adhesion contributes to the rough surface of the material.
For the walls, built of foam concreteblocks, an assortment of building stores have special formulations with optimized properties, designed specifically for use on material with cellular structure. Premixes are characterized by high performance adhesion, elasticity, improved vapor-permeable capacity. This gypsum-based formulations, for the preparation of which you just need to follow the manufacturer's recommendations.
To finish the walls of the units made by casting, required plaster with higher adhesion than for the walls of a material made by cutting.
How to plaster concrete blocks
- Requirement, takes place beforeplaster walls of foam concrete blocks, is the application of a primer layer. To do this, use deep penetration compositions. The soil, which is a kind of fundamental basis, often impose in two layers.
- In order to improve the friction characteristicsfoam concrete surfaces are often plastered over a special reinforcement mesh. The cost of grid slightly increase the budget of the finish, but will save money and nervous resources, and significantly extend the service life of plaster. Made way to cut material "holds" the plaster layer rough surface, so in the process of finishing a grid is only equipped with the problem areas. It corners, openings for doors and windows, that is, areas in which the concentrated stress. The walls are made of cast blocks better equip fully functional device, reinforcing mesh.
- To finish construction of foam concrete blocks are notrequire overly thick layer of plaster. Its capacity is rarely larger than 3 cm. Those who wish to decorate their own homes, the garage or building your own household and learn how to plaster blocks, you should use the old proven formula used by professional plasterers.
The inner layer of plaster "pie" should bethicker outer. That is, the top of the soil is applied a first layer 2 cm, followed by a second layer, whose power does not exceed 1 cm. This arrangement of layers and the aspect ratio ensures increasing thermal conductivity distribution, besides moisture beyond structures, without condensing on the material surface. By increasing the layer of finishing ratio of 2 to 1 is stored. Moreover, the density of the outer layer must also be less than the density of the inner layer.
It is important to remember: plaster blocks of foam can be after 28 days after their release. During these 28 days, there is a set of material strength, coupled with the probability of occurrence of small cracks. They will not have any effect on the strength properties of foam concrete products, but the quality of the plaster may affect adversely.
Water-proofing - optimization of the service life
The treated water-repellentaerated concrete and foam concrete blocks almost lose the ability to capillary suction of ground water and water from the flooded basement. Coating the surface of the water-repellent cellular concrete protects against even heavy driving rain. And to create a very thin film of a hydrophobic coating does not affect the water vapor permeability. It prevents the penetration of water into the interior of the building structure, but does not prevent the exit of steam to the outside.
To prepare the walls of aerated concrete materials toplastering recommended to choose primer containing hydrophobic substances. The Special water-repellent and can be covered with a top layer of plaster. Moisture protection eliminates the probability of occurrence of cracks or flaws on building materials, which in turn may cause cracking plaster.
What and how to plaster aerated
Aerated concrete - a building material relating to thefamily of cellular concrete. It has a similar structure with foam concrete, thus finishing it is associated with the same problems. However, the manufacturing process is slightly different from the foam blocks production. Products made of aerated concrete subjected to vibration loads, designed to speed up chemical reactions and for hardening. Emerged on the surface of bubbles and irregularities are cut thin string, and then cut from the finished array elements with a clear geometric shape. It completes the process of manufacturing the thermal processing units in the autoclave systems and training of front surfaces performed manually.
Those who want to learn how and what to plasterconcrete, will furnish information about foam concrete blocks manufactured sawing method. Suitable primer for any foam, gypsum plaster mixture ready, adhesion performance which may not be the highest. It is recommended to use plaster mesh inert to alkali.
The special structure of products from foam concrete dictatesthe use of specific finishing methods. It requires the selection of competent staff for plaster and priming. While respecting the plastering of walls, built of concrete blocks or aerated concrete elements, finishing and protective plaster layer will serve long and look flawless.