As wallpaper glue for painting
The main difference is the wallpaper for painting inpossibility of quick change of boring colors. At the same time it spent a minimum of effort and money, because for the modernization of interior paint has previously pasted wallpaper enough again in a brand new color. Also, this option walls suitable for families with small children who love to draw in non-designated areas. Hide the traces of children's wall paintings in the cellar. All interested in this finishing material are concerned about how to hang wallpaper for painting so that they withstood multiple staining in the future. The process is not complicated.
- Materials and tools
- Types of wallpaper under painting
- How to glue paintable wallpaper: Milestones
Materials and tools
- wallpaper for painting;
- glue for this type of wallpaper;
- special rubber roller;
- brush for applying the adhesive;
- putty knife;
- stationery knife.
Types of wallpaper under painting
There are three basic types of wallpaper, suitable for multiple staining.
- Wallpaper having a paper substrate composed of twolayers impregnated with a water repellent composition. It is this impregnation allows this finishing materials to maintain water resistance even after several applications of latex paint. Paper wallpapers for painting can not hide very carefully leveled surface.
- Wallpaper, made on a paper basis,possess excellent masking capabilities that allow them to hide minor cracks and small bumps, available on the walls. Non-woven wallpaper for painting are ideal for use in buildings.
- Glass wall for painting, having increasedwear resistance and toughness, are most commonly used in offices, hotels and other public buildings. Although the apartments they also find application.
Wallpaper for painting sold in rolls of a width of one meter.
Meter-wide to reduce the number of joints. The roll may be 10 m, and 25 are economical to purchase meter rolls 25, as the number decreases unnecessary scraps. Also, the repair cost is lowered.
How to glue paintable wallpaper: Milestones
1. At the initial stage, the surface preparation of the walls. This removes the old wallpaper. Difficult pieces of cloths moistened with water, after which they can be easily removed with a metal spatula. If necessary, the walls and cover shpaklyuyut primer. As can act and wallpaper paste, diluted according to the instruction as a primer layer.
2. Next, measured the height of the walls. Wallpapers cut into the cloth on the resulting measure, at the same time, experts recommend adding a couple of centimeters on both sides for a stock. When Wallcovering under painting on non-woven basis of some masters skip this step. Wallpaper is unwound to the required length, glued to the wall and clipped stationery knife on the plinth.
3. Clay gained in hardware store for the selected types of wallpaper for painting, diluted according to the instructions. Thus the amount of water is metered in with vigorous stirring is added to the contents of the package. After a few minutes the glue ready for use.
4. All paintable wallpaper paste butt, since they have a dense structure. When made with wallpaper based on paper, the adhesive is first applied to the web, then onto the wall. Edge tuck fabric for ease of its movement. Stuck on the wall, aligning the edge of the plumb. With a special rubber roller leveled wallpaper, remove air bubbles. It is much easier to work with the wallpaper on non-woven basis and with steklooboyami, since in this case the adhesive is applied only on the walls.
5. Excess of wallpaper are cut stationery knife, and removed the excess glue with a damp sponge.
Before staining, gluedwallpaper is allowed to dry for a day. Desired color tone obtained by color scheme, which is added to latex paint in the desired amount.