How to glue non-woven wallpaper
Non-woven wallpaper, in spite of its highercost, replacing the market their paper counterparts. More and more buyers when choosing wallpaper preference to them. This is due to the unique qualities of a decorative surfacing material, which is sticking process very simple. If you already have experience of working with paper wallpaper, you can feel the difference. Everyone knows how to choose a non-woven wallpaper, and here is how to glue, and what to look for in this case, you can read below.
- Properties of non-woven wallpaper
- Required tools and accessories
- How to glue non-woven wallpaper
- Fixing material in corners
- As wallpaper glue around the sockets
Properties of non-woven wallpaper
As a basis of the coating materialmanufacturers use fleece. So called non-woven fabric, is widespread in the clothing business. Details of clothes, taped interlining, keep shape and not subjected to tension. Because fleece is durable, durable, able to maintain its size. Therefore, the same qualities and possess non-woven wallpaper, namely they are:
- resistant to stretching;
- They do not shrink;
- not exude substances harmful to health;
- resistant to fading.
With meter-wide, non-woven wallpaper allow to halve the number of joints, which after proper bonding panels become invisible.
The thickness of the wall-paper on a paper-based to hide minor irregularities walls.
Required tools and accessories
- brush for applying wallpaper paste;
- a bucket of glue for breeding;
- special roller to smooth the wallpaper;
- narrow roller for the seams in the joints;
- builder's level or plumb;
- rag or sponge to remove the excess glue;
- scissors and a knife;
How to glue non-woven wallpaper
1. Work on the room preparation for the repair work. All small pieces of furniture carried into other rooms. Bulky items, pushing the walls, carefully harboring a protective film.
2. Running clean the walls of the old paper wallpaper or other coating. Do not forget to moisten the old wallpaper is not separated from the wall surface. Thus saving time and nerve cells. Otmokshie wallpaper is easy to fall behind and removed spatula. If the walls are stained sections, they are washed with water and sanded. The rough surface will provide better coupling with it of glue solution.
3. Do not forget! The next step is to do the ceiling trim.
4. Immediately before the process wallpapering, breed glue that is used for non-woven wallpaper. To do this takes a clean bucket, which is then poured into cold water in the right amount, which is specified in the instructions. Next, create a whirlpool and on the edge of the bucket poured a thin stream of dry glue out of the box. A solution of the adhesive is left alone for 15 minutes, after which it was again mixed thoroughly. The adhesive is ready, you can begin to work.
5. Non-woven wallpaper glue butt, so you can start from where it is more convenient and more rational in terms of material consumption. For good measure, the first web bonding is required to hold with the help of a plumb line straight vertical line, which will serve as a guide for placing the sideline wallpaper.
6. Held froze leaf. To do this, the roll is unwound, and non-woven wallpaper applied to the wall. Above and below the mark made in pencil, on which wallpaper added. Then the incision is made along the bend with scissors or a sharp knife. Some artists prefer to leave a small margin Wallpaper, both above and below. Motivated by this fact, it is better to let it stay, than not enough. After the sticking cut off the excess.
7. Wallpaper paste with a brush or roller is applied only on the wall. This is the main difference between the process of pasting the room Non-woven wallpaper. Dry leaf superimposed on the wall, attain to the level marked on the vertical and is rolled with a rubber roller. Some artists prefer to use instead of a roller or wide brush special plastic spatula. This remaining adhesive is forced out from under the cloth is removed with a damp cloth.
8. The following list is cut based on the pattern, if any. Fabrics stick butt.
9. Allow the new wallpapers to completely dry for a day. Thus on the speed of drying influences the degree of absorption of the walls and the room temperature.
Fixing material in corners
Smooth walls hang wallpaper like allMasters can not be said about the angles. After all, experts know that you have to work hard, because in the rooms seldom perfectly aligned edges. Members generally are at a loss, not knowing how pokleit non-woven wallpaper in the inner corners. Professionals-finishers make it so: 1. Paste the web so that its edge slightly went to a nearby wall for a corner.
2. Follow the glue strip overlap, that is, it comes to the web, glued in the corner, a few centimeters. Use a plumb bob to locate the edge exactly.
3. Use a ruler, which is carried out by a knife incision Prototyping of two layers glued wallpaper. Remove the cut edge, and the wallpaper is pressed against the ruler. This avoids their rupture.
4. lift the edge of the wallpaper to remove a second cut edge from under him. Thereafter glue is applied to further smooth and joint. Surplus wallpaper paste is removed with a damp cloth.
As wallpaper glue around the sockets
Caps with sockets and switches and necessaryremove previously not forgetting to turn off the electricity to the apartment. Wallpapering and on-site installation of sockets and switches make an incision in the shape of a cross. The edges are cut or folded. Remove the cover installed in place. Some try to make holes in the wallpaper and pasted outlet without removing the cover. However, it is difficult to achieve perfect accuracy.
Now all the secrets on how to properly pokleitnon-woven wallpaper, are disclosed. You can safely get down to business, coming up with the most incredible ways of interior decoration with the help of this unique material. You can combine a variety of colors, stick contrasting borders or making bright-panel inserts. Your house is waiting for changes, and you can now make their own hands. Mistress will appreciate the ease of care Non-woven wallpaper. Their surface can be cleaned with a soft dust broom, vacuum cleaner or even a damp cloth. If heavily soiled wallpaper subjected to painting and become, literally, as new.