How to fix drywall to the wall
Depending on the nature of the surface curvaturewalls and functionality are different ways of fastening the drywall apply. After reading this article, you will learn how to fasten drywall to the wall and get acquainted with the methods of attachment. Armed with knowledge, you will be able to choose the most suitable version of the work.
- Frameless Mounting Method
- Frame mounting method
There are two basic ways of fasteningDrywall: frameless and frame. Frameless easiest method. It does not require the frame structure. Fastening drywall to the wall by means of the adhesive plaster.
Frameless Mounting Method
Prerequisites for attaching drywall frameless way:
- solid foundation that has no crumbling areas and defeat the fungus;
- wall does not freeze, is protected from moisture;
- surface free from dust, paint and oil.
This method is preferable to apply a small curvature at the walls.
Materials and tools:
- plasterboard wall (12, 5 mm);
- dry plaster mixture;
- dilution capacity gypsum mixture;
- Painting knife;
- typically 1.5-2m;
- rubber mallet;
- fishing line;
The order of execution of works:
- We produce wall measurements. Plan accommodation sheets of drywall, it is important to avoid cross-shaped joints (sheets should be positioned with an offset).
- Prepare the surface. We cleaned from dust, peeling and crumbling. The porous and highly absorbent surfaces must be primed.
- Cutting sheets of drywall. In addition to the entire sheet may require the insertion, they must be pre-cut. If the ceiling more than 2, 5 m (standard length sheet) will need to dock inserts that are cut out in advance. Straight cuts can be done easily with a painting knife, cutting board on one side and slamyvaya sheet on the cut line. After the cut through the other side of the cardboard. Curves radius cuts made jigsaw.
- This is followed to prepare the adhesive plaster mass. The adhesive can be used as a mixture of gypsum slow solidification. For example, starting putty. You can also use stucco, but to extend the time it pour in the water for mixing is necessary to add PVA glue or wallpaper paste.
- Bonding sheets of drywall. The thickness of the adhesive layer depends on the curvature of the surface. If the surface is relatively flat, it can be glued directly on the wall. The adhesive is applied with a notched trowel over the entire surface of the sheet of drywall or large droplets using a trowel. To align the greater curvature of the walls must be pre-set "beacons" that are made from strips of gypsum board width of about 10cm. "Lighthouses" glued on the perimeter and vertically with an interval of 40-50cm. First, use a plumb expose the left and right extremes "beacons", then use the fishing line strung between them, securing the rest of the vertical bars. The upper and lower horizontal "beacons" flattened by the rules. Sheets of drywall pressed against the rule, placing it in different directions, tapping it with a rubber mallet. It is important to keep the seams between sheets of 5-7mm and clearances: 7-10mm from the floor, 3-5 mm from the ceiling. It is convenient to use ready-made wooden wedges. After drying glue joints sealed filler, gap near the floor close a plinth, and from the ceiling clearance zashpaklyuetsya.
Frame mounting method
Frame method is more complex and expensive, but has a number of advantages.
Benefits fastening drywall to the wall carcass way:
- Improved heat-sound insulation;
- the ability to align the greater curvature of the walls;
- does not require careful surface preparation;
- It can be used on walls for the purpose of freezing their insulation.
frame construction is necessary, which will beplasterboard sheets are attached. The frame can be made of wooden bars (30 to 50 mm) of galvanized or profiles. Reiki wooden frame fixed with screws and dowels, and exposed wooden linings.
Wood construction is cheaper galvanizedprofile, but with a galvanized profile work easier and more convenient. In addition, galvanized profile reliable and wooden blocks can simply rot over time. Let us dwell on the method of fixing plasterboard on galvanized profile.
Tools and materials:
- plasterboard wall;
- galvanized profiles;
- metal hangers (for fixing profiles);
- screws and dowels;
- spatula, putty;
- a plumb, a tape measure;
- Bulgarian, metal scissors;
Order of work during the installation process the carcass
First of all, we make measurements of the wall and mark upplace mounting profiles and suspensions. Along the perimeter of the guide profiles are attached: the top to the ceiling, the lower to the floor, the side to the walls. The guide profiles are inserted into the vertical load-bearing profiles with an interval of 40 cm in the center of the profile, which are attached to the wall hangers. Suspensions should be placed at a distance of 80cm (one under the other). Then we make installation frame. First, we fix the ceiling upper guide profile using the perforator, dowels and screws. Regarding the top with the help of a plumb exposed and secured to the floor of the lower guide profile. Next, attach the side guiding profiles, then attach hangers, and then inserted into the guide bearing profiles, they must be secured with screws to the suspensions chetyrehmillimetrovymi. The frame is ready, you can begin mounting drywall sheets.
To improve sound and heat insulation spacebetween the wall and the plasterboard should be filled with mineral wool. Drywall screws fasten 25 mm long, twisting them screwdriver so that the cap screws in drywall went to a depth of 1-2 mm. In the presence of inserts and horizontal joints is important to remember: at each joint must also be set bearing profile, fixed with the help of so-called "crabs" (single-level connectors). It is also important to remember shift gypsum boards. Seams and holes from the screws are buried putty.
Often, fixing drywall to the walls is made with the purpose of operative economical "clean" alignment.
The result is a flat wall - an ideal base for further finishing that, in fact, required.