How to achieve the effect of decorative plaster with your hands
One of the most practical and at the same timeexquisite materials for interior and exterior decoration and facades of buildings is the decorative plaster. You can use it to simulate natural stone, antique wall, paper, leather, etc. And always it will look exclusive and original, since the pattern repeat, even with a strong desire, you can not. In its favor is the fact that this material is a natural and environmentally friendly, has high mechanical strength, abrasion resistance, and therefore durability. Despite the fact that the finishing materials on a myriad of market, this type of finish does not hand over positions, and vice versa is becoming increasingly popular. Especially because the decorative plaster with your hands - it's a very real idea, realize that the power even to laymen.
- Types of plaster, appointment
- The benefits are not only decorative
- Methods of application and technology
- How to prepare the surface
- Operating procedure
- Painting of plastered walls
Most often on the market decorative plasterIt presented as a dry ready-mixes, based synthetic binders; Various fillers are fibers, sand, chippings, stones, and various additives - antiseptics, thickeners, colorants, etc. -.. impart additional beneficial properties of the mixtures. As fillers used marble, quartz or granite chips. The grain size can vary from 0.5 mm to 5 mm in diameter. The particle size not only affects the final appearance of the surface and the degree of relief, but also on material consumption: the higher it is, the greater the flow of the material. The same kind of decorative plaster can be manufactured in different variations.
Types of plaster, appointment
To see all kinds of plaster, whichthere are on the market, it is necessary to devote a separate article to this topic. Conventionally it is divided by the facade and interior. Facade plaster has an excellent moisture resistance and frost resistance, in addition, it does not suffer from aggressive environmental influences, not fade for a long time preserves the aesthetic appearance. There are several large groups of decorative plasters: mineral, silicate and synthetic latexes.
For interior work using all these types. There is a classification depending on the technology application of the material and the type of surface that is eventually obtained. Sometimes in the store you can find the description "under the coat", "bead", "rust" and other - they talk about, what type of surface you will get a result, and require knowledge of specific methods of application and work performance technologies in general.
The benefits are not only decorative
The use of plaster as finishing has several advantages:
- using a coarse plaster for surface preparation takes less time because it does not need putty and careful alignment;
- surface has a finished look, so it is possible to do without additional finishing;
- the surface becomes quite durable, resistant to moisture and mechanical stress, practical and durable;
- the appearance of the room can be changed as desired in a matter of hours: just paint the walls in any desired color. This invoice will remain, and the decorative effect will only intensify.
Methods of application and technology
How to apply a decorative plaster? The technology depends on which option you prefer. It can be as simple or quite complex, requiring specific skills. This can be attributed to the Venetian stucco, such as it is applied in multiple layers, special way and is covered from above special wax. Each step requires care and strict observance of technology. Difficult to operate and silicone materials, which allow to obtain relief images of the most beautiful, but at the same time require a good artistic taste, waste, precise movements and tremendous patience.
If you want to certainly performdecorative plaster with your hands, it is better to opt for a structural type of plaster "bark." It is distinguished by simplicity of application and allows you to create a beautiful decorative surface effortlessly. Work with it will master even the person far from the construction: it will be enough for the application of the ordinary trowel, floats and basic skills - to spoil such a coating nearly impossible. coating technology is simple and makes it possible to obtain different variations of relief. The depth of the furrows of the relief depends on the particle size, which are part of the mix. It is important to consider one more nuance: the "textured" material, the greater will be its flow. But there is a plus - no need for a perfect alignment of the walls - he perfectly conceals minor defects and irregularities of the walls.
How to prepare the surface
It is necessary to pay due attention to trainingthe surface on which the plaster is applied. Everything is simple, but requires patience. Need to clean the wall of wallpaper residue, flaking plaster, paint and chalk coating. Perform all these manipulations should be very careful if you do not want a year or two to tinker with the repair again. If there are cracks, they must be expanded and repaired (putty). Under the Venetian and some other types of decorative plaster walls must be leveled to the ideal state. In other cases, the wall should be just more or less flat, but without deep pits, of course. It is primed and wait until dry.
If you are planning a combined walls: part covered with paint and texture of the plaster, the walls are prepared for painting technology, respectively: stripping, putty, sanding, priming. Most clearly split with different surface texture by using masking tape (for straight line section), or (in the case where the arbitrary line of separation) of self-adhesive seal for windows.
As in each case, there is a minimum set of tools without which not achieve the desired result. It is necessary to prepare: the capacity for a mixture spatulas of various sizes, wooden or plastic float, trowel metal, sponge, a water tank, a special roller for textured plaster. The list may vary depending on the choice of material.
• Choose the desired consistency of the solution,adhering to the instructions on the package. Note: a number of ready solution that is able to develop without a break in the work, because the grasp re-dissolve it will not work. And again, tune to perform the work at a time, as the place where the dried layer is joined and "fresh" highly visible and look pretty ugly.
• In the capable hands of an ordinary trowel and a floatbecoming universal instruments. Practice on a small section of the wall evenly apply a thin layer of the solution and to achieve the required texture. Once the plaster is slightly thickened, you easily walk on it float, creating a pattern. There are several available methods for the beginner, who will provide a good decorative effect.
Traditional drawings: a variety of circles, oblique or direct "rain" wave "crossed" picture.
It is important that the movements were confident and gentle, notis applying excessive force and too long to process a certain area, the plaster effect is lost. In order to obtain the desired texture and successfully used the means at hand, which are available in every house: oil cloth, wool, stiff brushes, and others.
Interesting effects can be achieved withoutdevices using their own hands. But the easiest way is to apply a decorative plaster with a special roller, although he does not give such scope for creativity, however, guarantee a good result.
• Drawing must be applied as quickly as possible,because the coating dries rather quickly, and this may lead to the fact that the texture can turn non-uniform. Particular attention should be paid to the areas of plaster joints: It is important to avoid layering and sharp boundaries.
• After some time after application(Usually 15-20 minutes), the surface loses its luster, begin to dry. At this point, you need using the trowel moistened with water, smooth the ridges of the relief. The pressure in this case should be light so as not to deform the resulting relief. Floats during the procedure should be cleaned when dirty and abundantly wet.
• If the separation wall sections with different trim used scotch tape, then remove the need to dry the treated surface, otherwise there may be chipped edges and the border will not clear.
• As a rule, complete drying of the surfaceIt lasts about 24 hours. In each case it is necessary to specify separately. Then, a finishing surface using fine sandpaper: removes loose material.
Painting of plastered walls
Since the walls, which are used for decorationdecorative plaster, have a completely finished look, many on this and stop. But not all. Fans of bright colors, and those who want to quickly and cost-effectively upgrade the interior of the premises, may resort to the coloring of the plastered surfaces. To apply for this purpose the best quality paint resistant to abrasion and sunlight.
Initially, textured stained sections of the wall tofine particles of hardened plaster does not fall on a smooth surface. Then, about two hours later, the rest of the wall paint. When the first coat has dried, a second coat of paint is applied. A decorative effect that is achieved in this case, is impressive, but agree - this extra trouble.
Many prefer to carry out the mixture TINTINGright in the store. Usually, clients are offered a huge number of various colors. It remains only to choose. After that, make a test paint: plywood coated plaster method of your choice, and allowed to dry. It is necessary to wait for the complete drying of the surface, because hue varies depending on the humidity of the sample. If the shade you were not satisfied, you can choose a different color. The advantages of this method are obvious: the color is uniform, and if you do not have enough material, it is easy to order the same shade. But, nevertheless, some fans of the experiments can be tinted plaster yourself. Nothing complicated about it: the pigment should be added gradually, stirring well, and make sure to paint.
By following these simple recommendations, it ispossible to carry out decorative plaster yourself and achieve good results. With a little effort, you can make your interior unique and very comfortable, and most importantly, for many years to forget about the repairs, of course, if you're not a fan of this troublesome case.