How to plaster drywall
Plasterboard sheets are one of the mostpopular finishing materials available to most consumers at a price, as well as allowing to achieve excellent results in a very short time. At the same time many young artists question the need for further surface treatment of the walls trimmed with plaster. There is no single answer does not exist, since the views of professional dressers divided. At the same time no one is against the application on plasterboard walls decorative plaster. Therefore, the question of how to plaster drywall properly is important to many people, started a repair and conducting his own hands.
- Tips for plastering drywall
- Removing surface irregularities
- The use of decorative plaster
- How to plaster drywall: progress
Tips for plastering drywall
If you plan to use a plaster for the walls of plasterboard, then listen to the following advice:
- at the stage of the procurement of materials for repair, choose moisture-proof sheets, which have special markings;
- use mandatory special primer with deep penetrating ability;
- Apply the plaster on the problem areas (small dents or gouges) thin layers several times, with the previous layer, do not forget to give time to complete drying;
use all sorts of decorative plaster for finishing drywall, while strictly adhere to guidelines for its application given by the manufacturer in the instructions.
Removing surface irregularities
Allowed incorporation of small nicks and gouges,appeared on plasterboard sheets in the event of improper storage, transportation violations of the rules, as well as small errors made during installation. The surface is first primed, and then applied a layer of putty, and a little later, a thin layer of plaster. At the same time we must remember that a layer of putty should not exceed three millimeters. If the depth of the potholes more, can not do without plaster.
We do not recommend using a thick layerplaster mask frame assembly mistakes that led to the appearance of obvious irregularities of the walls. This will, of course, to hide for some time admitted the marriage, but eventually plasterboard not withstand the weight of the applied plaster. It is expressed in their deformation, cracking, peeling plaster layer. Therefore, the detection of a large distortion is better to correct the installation errors, replacing the sheets with defects in the high-quality material.
The use of decorative plaster
Excellent transfers drywall exposurespecial kinds of plaster, which can be easily applied to the surface of a thin layer, it pre-primed. The most popular granular stone materials, varying degrees of size and color color, which can be natural or synthetic origin. There are two ways of applying the granular coating:
- pasty mixture, ready to use, applied to the prepared surface with a trowel or spray; layer thickness depends on the grain diameter exceeding it in half to two times;
- dry colored rock dust by spray applied to the surface of the drywall, pre-greased with mastic adhesive.
How to plaster drywall: progress
- After finishing the installation of gypsum boards, cleantheir surface from dust deposited. Designed to cope with this task an industrial vacuum cleaner. If not available, apply the available means. Suitable rags, which should be slightly wet in the water.
- Spend putty irregularities, seams and joints. After curing the mixture in these places spend covering the entire wall leveling layer.
- Apply primer, suitable for plasterboard surfaces. Usually, manufacturers recommend suitable primer compositions. Choose a primer for water-resistant drywall.
- Proceed to application of decorative plaster.
Important! These works are carried out at moderate humidity and temperatures above zero (+ 5 ° to + 35 ° C). It is necessary to use rubber gloves and a respirator (gauze).
After finishing work, wash thoroughly alltool, the remnants of used finishing materials close tightly in jars and store in a dry place. Perhaps once they will be useful for the restoration of damaged decorative coating.
Depending on the type of plaster depends version of its application.
Thus, from the above we canto the conclusion that not all drywall for plastering. It is advisable to purchase vlagostoysky drywall, but even it is necessary to protect the deep-penetrating primer solution. Do not apply too thick a layer of leveling plaster, or repair your results disappoint. Nothing and no one prevent against the use of decorative plaster for the walls of plasterboard. So experiment and ensure that your home was the most comfortable and original.