What is the thermal insulation of the roof? Everyone knows that the main purpose is to protect the roof of the building from rain and from heat loss. So, with the help of thermal insulation materials can reduce heat loss as much as possible, that is, to make your stay in the house most comfortable and economical in terms of heating costs. This important issue will be devoted to the publication, examined it from all sides.
- Which material you choose?
- Secrets of the installation of insulation on pitched roofs
- How to make a flat roof insulation?
Which material you choose?
Let's start with the principal. Insulation solves four problems:
- in areas where there are sudden changes in temperature, the heat insulation layer protects the building from the sharp fluctuations in outside air;
- is brought to a minimum soggy, blackening concrete floors;
- indoors creates an optimum microclimate;
- Saving money on TEPLORESURS consumption.
Some people believe that they can come inshop and buy a heater, without attaching much importance the characteristics of the material. Such an approach was not the right, so now we will look at the main varieties of heat insulators.
Mineral wool - the most common material, produced by manufacturers in the form of rolls, mats, plates. It is soft, easily mountable and has good qualities.
It is important to know: to the attic and the pitched roof is most suitable mineral wool with a low density, laminated with foil or glass tissue. As for the arrangement of flat roofs, it is better to give preference to wool increased rigidity.
mineral wool properties deserve special attention:
- non-combustibility - in the event of a fire, this material does not spread the fire;
- to reduce water absorption of mineral wool is processed by specific water-repellent substances;
- Strength - this figure depends on the ordering of fiber;
- excellent thermal insulation capacity;
- quality (!), the material is very long.
Staple fiber URSA - functional,wide-profile insulation, which is used not only for insulation of roofs, but also everything for floors, ceilings, exterior walls. It is a modern building material tech, fully meets the requirements of thermal protection and hygiene. What exactly are the advantages of staple fiber? There are several:
- elasticity and strong performance recoverability - thanks to these properties, the material is easily installed;
- elasticity - can be insulated glass structures with different shape surface;
- vibration resistance and excellent sound absorbing properties;
- good insulating ability and low weight;
- fibers have excellent chemical resistance, they do not absorb vapor not incorporate corrosive elements;
- products are water-repellent treatment.
It is important to know: URSA is made from molten glass - used method of vertical blowing fiber stream of hot gases.
Extruded polystyrene - newbuilding material, gained popularity, despite the relatively short time of existence. In fact, this conventional expanded polystyrene, extruded treated only with the introduction of the blowing agent. And what are its properties? Promptly reply to this question:
- low thermal conductivity, chemical resistance;
- stability and security;
- low levels of water absorption - the reason is that the material has a closed cell structure;
- zero capillarity, high moisture resistance;
- Whole microstructure - is a single substance with a cross-linked;
It is worth paying attention to: the cell walls are a solid mass of material, so that the elements of the environment only enter in the open cells that are on the sections of the side surfaces.
- ease of processing, low weight;
- large compressive strength;
- durability - extruded polystyrene is not subject to rot, and the design life of 100 years;
- ease of use.
In general, the use of a certain kind of insulation it depends on a number of physico-chemical parameters:
- hydrophobicity and water vapor permeability - the figures show the water repellent properties of the material and its ability of removing moisture vapor through the structure to the outside;
- thermal conductivity - of course, the lower the value, the better the insulation keeps the temperature;
- resistance to deformation - it comes to maintaining the original thickness during prolonged exposure to mechanical stress;
- flammability - the importance of this property is clear without further ado.
Secrets of the installation of insulation on pitched roofs
Insulation of stingrays in demand today, because now in vogue comfortable attics and lofts.
It is important to know: the thermal insulation layer on the attic ceiling is not enough, because then blocked access to heat from the main premises.
To isolate rays The greatest fit rigid or semi-rigid boards. And what is the direct process of laying insulation? It consists of the following stages:
- trusses thickness measurement, the distance between them;
- Procurement of insulation boards inaccording to the received size. It should take into account one thing: plate thickness should be slightly larger, and the width is a little less. An additional centimeter in width is needed for strong joining of the plates, and a gap of 2.5 cm between the insulating layer and the roof covering is needed for adequate air circulation;
- Installation should start from the bottom of the ramp,gradually moving up. Fasten the product in several ways: in the first case it is assumed the use of rods, stuffed perpendicular to the rafters, in another case, a cord made of durable nylon.
From the inside insulation is placed on thevapor barrier film, and then made plasterboard trim, clapboard. But from the outside it is necessary to arrange a layer of hydro and wind insulation. For this purpose, applied diffusion / anti-condensation membrane, they also have laid roofing material.
How to make a flat roof insulation?
The process of thermal insulation device can not be calleddifficult, but a lot of attention should be paid to the problem of placement of lighting fixtures. Regarding the choice of material, it is necessary to give preference penoplastirovannym fireproof boards (25 mm thick). The process of their placement is as follows:
- It is screwed to the ceiling first strap on her with a special glue / mastic glued polystyrene plate;
- 40 cm screwed next plank and similarly bonded second plate;
- in this manner, alternating laying of tiles and planks, insulated the entire ceiling.
By the way, you can insulate the attic floor, andloose insulation materials in the form of granules. The process of insulation is almost similar to the processes described above. But nevertheless we specify the essence of the meeting: a layer of material is poured between bars, bar leveled in order to obtain the same thickness;
It is important to know: Bulk materials are made of cork granules or beads, fur, shale minerals. The weight of the bag - 110 kg and its contents is sufficient for insulation square meter surface.
Plus, it is possible and external insulationflat roof. Outside trafficable flat roof insulated with rigid plates. To do this, on top of the boards of the supporting structure is necessary to lay a solid foundation of the panels. They are placed insulating panels, which are then pressed down paving tiles, pebbles.
This procedure seems easy, but it is mistakenopinion. When carrying out a complex of works on their own very great risk that the structure will not sustain the weight of the materials and the coating itself will leak.
The publications have been considered the mainproofing materials and methods of thermal insulation of the roof. But if man is able to make your own hands, it depends on his skills and professionalism in this matter. But one thing is for sure: in the construction details does not happen, so you need to assess your skills and decide if specialist help is needed. Remember, even a small mistake can lead to negative consequences, that is, you can not save on materials and insulation should be carried out efficiently, taking into account the rules and regulations!