The paint slate
Many roofs of buildings covered with slate. At the moment of a roofing material there are many competitors, but the slate has its own niche in the construction market. New materials for the device of roofs, look more attractive, primarily due to the bright colors. However, this advantage can be easy to neutralize using paint slate roof. Thus it is possible to extend the life of the roofing material. But not every paint suitable for this procedure. So what color the slate is best? What paint products intended for this purpose, and how it applied to the surface of slate?
- The reasons for painting slate
- Paint and primer to slate: Shikril
- Paint Application Shikril
- Other paints for slate
The reasons for painting slate
Manufacturers produce asbestos cement slate in the form of:
- roof panels;
- flat plates.
Coloring slate sheets having an undulating shape,carried out with acrylic paints, specially designed for the roofing material. This increases the decorative qualities of the roof, as well as its service life increases significantly. Weatherproof acrylic paint forms a durable protective layer which improves the performance of the material, namely:
- It prevents sheets from being destroyed;
- increases their resistance to frost;
- reduces the degree of water absorption;
- precipitates reduces the amount of asbestos in the environment;
- increases the lifetime slate sheets is 1.5-2 times;
- prevents growth of mosses and lichens.
If for any reason at a single sitePaint layer is broken roof, the restoration works carried out immediately, without waiting for the date of the next general repainting the roof. After all, the slate being a porous material, dirty quickly under the influence of precipitation and becomes very unsightly.
Paint and primer to slate: Shikril
Among the special paints,made to protect the slate, and is acrylic Shikril having basically organic solvents. This paint finish is carried out not only asbestos-cement slate, and concrete plinths, cement-sand tiles and other external surfaces in need of painting alkali resistance.
With the help of paint Shikril renew damaged areas previously painted surfaces in need of urgent repair. The basic color line includes:
- gray RAL 7040;
- burgundy RAL 3011;
- brown RAL 3009;
- green RAL 6032.
Perhaps custom paint another color.
Shikril paint can be used for staining of both old and new roofs. Paint has:
- water-repellent, or hydrophobic called;
- high on the degree of opacity and light fastness;
- special elasticity when exposed to low temperatures.
Paint Application Shikril
1. The surface of the slate roof is cleaned of dirt, dust, remnants of previously applied paint.
2. Apply a preparatory layer of the same name Shikril primer-primer, which is also designed to work on the slate. For application using a brush, roller or spray gun. Soil roof in one or two layers, with the subsequent layer is applied after drying the previous one. Usually this is enough for half hour. Works carried out at a positive temperature between 15 ° C and above. The surface of the roof before the start of treatment should be dry.
Important! Using primer helps reduce the cost of painting slate at the expense of ink savings.
3. Mix thoroughly roof paint, if necessary, diluted to a viscosity solvents in which can be used as butyl acetate or mineral spirits.
4. Shikril paint is applied in two layers with the same tools used for priming.
Important! At work it is necessary to use personal protective equipment.
Other paints for slate
1. "Kilpi" - Finnish acrylic coating for roofs, which produced the well-known company Tikkurila. Apply for painting tile, slate, tar paper, bituminized fiber boards and other materials. Prized for particular flexibility at very low temperatures. One liter of dye solution is enough for painting no more than two square meters of surface.
2. «DACHBESCHICHTUNG» - German coating for roofs, which made «DUFA» company. This semi-matte paint is suitable for dyeing complete and partial repair of painted surfaces, roofing made of clay, concrete or slate tiles. Paint freely passes water vapor, thus protects the roofing material from the precipitation influences. It features a high degree of adhesion. During the training base of the paint layer can be preserved for many years. One liter of the dye mixture is enough for 7 square meters of the roof.
3. POLIFARB - AKROFARB issued Polish manufacturer «Debiza» coatings. Paint is made based on acrylic dispersion. It is used to stain not only the roof, but the facade, trimmed glinotsementnymi plates or slate. It dries applied coating for three hours. Liter of paint is enough for 5-7 square meters of painted surface of the roof.
4. "AKRILAKMA Slate" - Ukrainian waterborne acrylic paint, designed to work on the slate. Available in "Lakme" by the company in two color options: red-brown and brown. After staining obtained homogeneous smooth matte film, dries in just one hour. One liter is enough to paint 6 square meters of slate surface.
5. "UNISAL" - Slovak waterborne paint for roofing slate, which is manufactured in the Russian firm "Quil", located in the city of Belgorod. In the production observed «HELIOS» technology firm operating in Slovenia.
Prized for a high degree of opacity,weathering and lightfastness. Apply for household and industrial painting of slate and other asbestos. It can be applied manually or by machine. The color palette of paint colors are present such as:
- oxide red;
- the black;
The time necessary for drying the coating is not more than one hour.
Five square meters is enough one liter of paint.
6. "Polifan" comes in Kolomna by "Polifan-L." Universal paint, which is not only used for coloring of slate, but also for painting concrete, plastered surfaces, brick, DSP, DSP, curbs and other materials for exterior decoration. Ink flow is one liter per square meter of the surface of the three.
In addition to these products for the paintSlate on the market there are also other brands, which allows the buyer to choose the best option based on price and quality. Now, should not be a question about what color the flat slate or wavy, because the basis of the same asbestos-cement base. Now you know what to do can be stylish and old roof slate. The entire look of the house will change for the better.