Noise - a constant companion of people living inbig cities. Its excess can cause fatigue, nervousness, irritability. It is therefore very important to ensure reliable soundproofing external coverings of the building and the roof in the first place, because it is - the most vulnerable part of the building. The roof is exposed to direct rainfall, temperature extremes, and the quality of its coverage directly related soundproofed. And given the trend of recent years to settle in the attic space to expand the living space, the protection of the roof from rain and extraneous noise is becoming one of the main criteria in the construction of the house. Noise is especially important house roof for roofing made of metal sheets, metal, since they have high resonant properties.
- Why roof noisy?
- common methods
- roof noise insulation
- Choosing a soundproofing material for roofing
- Features roof insulation device
- Installation of noise insulation material
- Heating inside the roof
- A few tips from professionals
Why roof noisy?
In the market of advanced materials for roofsthe major share (80%) are in metal roofing and decking. This is due to the high quality of these materials and a long service life (up to 50 years) a roof. But with all the positive qualities of metal roofs emit a lot of noise, for example, in strong winds and downpour drumming that creates oporedelenny discomfort. Without a reliable layer of insulation of the roof during installation of its design in this case can not do.
However, often causing noise is not due to the characteristic features of the roofing and illiterate actions during installation of the roof:
- roof would sag in some areas andresonate even with slight gusts of wind, if the frame under the metal roof is installed cleanly, using strips of different thickness located variable pitch;
- while saving mounting accessories(Self-tapping screws) for mounting the roof may emit strong sound effects even during light rain or wind, so you should observe the recommended minimum of screws - 8-10 pieces. 1 sq metal coating. It is also important to use only those screws that are recommended by the manufacturer of roofing material, not any unsold in the economy;
- improper cutting sheets, andlaying tautly leads to deformation of the material even without load. With strong cooling or solar heating roof deformation increases, and it begins to buzz;
- insulation of metal roofing should be the denser, the smaller the angle of the load-bearing structure - these are the rules according to the physics of falling rain drops on the sheet material.
Change the configuration of the roof in order to achieveacoustic benefits is not easy, but take into account the first three points of the installation of the roof is a snap, especially since it significantly improve the quality of sound insulation work.
Common methods of roofing noise insulation
There are a few common methods of sound insulation of the roof of a house:
- Use roofing materials with special properties. One of them, for example - metal with noise absorbing effect.
- Placing the speaker system (optionalsound-absorbing layer) on the waterproofing layer or lathing and rafters. Suitable for this are considered to be elastic and viscous materials such as polystyrene.
- Noise from inside the roof. Between rafters stacked plates further soundproofing and insulation layer close clapboard, drywall, ceiling tile (they also absorb sound).
- Choose a versatile material that can not only insulate the roof, but also solve the problem of hydro and sound insulation. These are polystyrene and mineral wool slabs.
- Cover the metal roofing on top of the specialmixture prepared from a transparent varnish and basalt aggregate. Immediately prior to laying the inside of the metal coat with the mixture and quickly fix until the layer has not had time to dry.
- Finally, arrange soundproof pillow (attic) room between the house and the roof.
However, the sound insulation of the roof at home is carried out in most cases by using special anti-noise materials. On what parameters they choose?
Choosing a soundproofing material for roofing
In the selection of the basic noise insulation materialscriteria which need to be guided, are two options: the first - the sound absorption index and the second - the dynamic modulus of elasticity. Each of them has a significant impact on the quality of the insulation.
The index of sound absorption shows which part of the sound waves wasabsorbed by the material. Insulating roofing material has an index of good quality noise reduction of at least 0.6. For example, the tree index is 0,08-0,16, 0,16-0,26 foam, but mineral wool has an index of 0,65-0,8. Therefore, the best sound insulating materials are considered mineral wool, ecowool (cellulose insulation). They provide a reliable thermal barrier and at the same time protect the house from outside noise. The foam can not be recommended for the sound insulation of the roof.
The dynamic modulus of elasticity - A second parameter. It characterizes the elasticity of the material. The lower the value of this parameter, the higher the sound absorbing properties of the material. In other words, the dense material reflects sounds better than loose. If we compare, for example, sound-reflecting properties of fiberglass and foam plates, we can see that the first insulators better than the latter.
Features roof insulation device
Undoubtedly, the choice of quality materials is veryimportant for the device of the roof sound insulation. But equally important to observe the rules for its installation, to all the qualities of insulation, including sound insulation, appeared in full. The main factors affecting the quality of sound insulation, are:
- quality acoustic isolation in places adjoining to the rafters and interior paneling of the attic;
- a gap between the sound insulating material and enclosing roof structure.
If these requirements are taken into account, the antinoise barrier effectiveness is not in doubt.
Installation of noise insulation material
Noise insulation materials are placed in the performance of common roofing, which allows initially to do the right roofing pie with thermal, waterproofing and acoustic protection.
Installation of noise insulation of the roof is performed in the following order:
- On the rafters waterproofing laid on itstuffed batten. Each element of the pre-treated water-resistant adhesive mortar or mounting foam. Treat immediately before the fixture that side, which is adjacent to the waterproofing layer.
- Next placed sound insulation for roofs,leaving allowance rail. The thickness of the strips must match the thickness of soundproofing material. On top of the material will be pressed against the roof insulation, so it is not necessary to fix, but should be laid smoothly, without breaks. Calculating the amount of insulation you need to add prirezku about 10-15% of the total area.
- Soundproofing material to be installedunder insulation (foam, penoplex, mineral wool). If roofing pie is too large, on the frame will have an additional counter-fill to secure the roofing.
- In the final stage the installationroofing. In the crate and metal sheets placed special isolation pads of felt, rubber or foam, preventing the penetration of cold and vibration under the surface of the roof.
Heating inside the roof
In cases where it is impossible to conduct operation under the roof surface, the sound-insulating layer stacking is carried out its inner side in such a way:
- sheet soundproof material placed in the space between the rafters without breaks or gaps;
- the material is cut into pieces (they should be more lumens mezhstropilnyh 8-10 centimeters), which will sit tight and will hold well in;
- to prevent accidental displacement of material on top of stuffed wooden slats that hold it in place.
Laying acoustic insulation layer from the inside - a more sophisticated version in terms of installation, but in this case it is possible to achieve good results, so that the house was as quiet as possible and warmer.
A few tips from professionals
- The roof was erected for decades to come, sosave on insulation boards, which provide sound insulation and the roof is not necessary. Get high-quality insulating material with high sound absorption index.
- Mineral wool material is used in combination with the new sound-proof method involving the use of special sound-insulating fastening device with acoustic structures.
- Compulsory Lay allrecommended by experts layers of roofing "pie". Do not think that, without any of them can do. Each material has its own separate purpose.
- All components of the roof structure is betterbuy in one place to save on discounts and to minimize the risk of purchasing fake goods (in large DIY stores is practically impossible).
And finally - the most important advice. After spending a lot of money to buy expensive roofing materials, do not skimp on attracting qualified specialists to carry out installation of the roof. Professionals do the work in strict accordance with the technology, which is indicated by the manufacturer in the instructions, which ensures peace and quiet in your home.