The masts and lighting poles
The construction of new buildings, roads and highwaysother objects not without installing lighting fixtures. During the construction phase coverage allows for round the clock operation, greatly reducing the time required. During the subsequent operation of the facility properly organized lighting - is a guarantee of safety and comfort. In order to achieve a high level of visibility required lighting poles, serving for mounting a wide variety of light sources.
- Types of supports and their advantages
- Mast lighting: classification
- Typical installation of masts and lighting poles
Types of supports and their advantages
When purchasing lighting poles, many consumers are usually faced with the problem of choice. After all, each type has its own characteristics, which not many people know.
Supports street lighting can be divided into two main groups, depending on the material from which they are made.
- Supports light metal - the mostcommon design. Usually used for the manufacture of cast iron, aluminum and steel a special treatment that gives the material special properties. This type of support is highly resistant to temperature and humidity variations, and easily resists even the strongest winds. But today, the most popular aluminum lighting poles, are easy, long life and high durability. I would like to mention their elasticity and flexibility to reduce the level of damage to the vehicle in a collision with a transport them. Galvanized lighting poles are characterized in that their surface is not substantially chipped and support themselves are not subjected to deformation.
- Lighting poles reinforced concrete notcommon as metal. This is due to the fact that they are most susceptible to corrosion. To somehow increase the reliability, manufacturers have to make them more massive, which significantly increases the weight of the structure and difficult installation.
Depending on the purpose of external lighting poles are divided into several types:
- street. Mainly used for lighting pedestrian areas and have a universal design that allows to fit in any landscape;
- decorative. It features a variety of styles, original design and rich colors. Such support can be matched to any style of terrain;
- park. Specially selected height makes them indispensable for children's playgrounds and recreation areas. They can achieve good illumination, but do not irritate the eye;
- Trunk. Reinforced structure, characterized by high durability;
- special. Designed for lighting specific objects, such as stadiums.
Mast lighting: classification
For lighting a large area is better to uselight towers, the height of which is selected depending on the purpose of construction. The stem is usually performed in a tubular, round or faceted conical bearing. two types of masts are presented on the market today:
- a mobile crown. Such special designs headroom is lowered using a winch, which greatly facilitates maintenance;
- with the stationary crown. These masts necessarily equipped with a ladder or lifter vehicles. The main advantage of these designs is the possibility of simultaneous installation of a large number of lighting devices.
Typical installation of masts and lighting poles
Installation of lighting poles can start onlyafter obtaining a permit for the installation of electrical cables, since the work there is a big danger of damage to existing utilities. To do this, create a project, which will take into account all the factors, such as topography, required lighting, power lighting fixtures, wire size, and the total length of the line, and submit it to the relevant authorities.
After approval of the project to the designatedterritory are marked by means of leveling the place of installation of masts or towers. Now you can start preparing trenches for laying cables. If you plan to use armored cable, the depth of the trench prepared should not be less than 800 mm from the ground. In the case of using the power cable, this value increases depending on the surrounding terrain to 1250 mm. The trench is laid sand layer of about 150 mm and thoroughly watered. Thereafter, the sand layer must be compacted to 100 mm.
Now you are ready to prepare placesIt plans to install outdoor lighting poles. For this purpose, a square hole 1000x1000 mm and 1200 mm deep, the center of which a hole is drilled depth of 1000 mm and a width equal to the diameter of the support, increased by 100 mm.
And reinforced concrete and steel lighting polesnecessarily filled with concrete after installation into the pit. The solution is to fill the hole and the entire hole to a height of 200 mm, forming the concrete slab, the holding support. Fully hole can be covered with soil after the laying of the cable in the trench.
How you set up masts and lighting polesIt depends on correct operation of lights installed on them, and the safety of others, so do not neglect the requirements of standards and basic standards.