As dry cellar
By the appearance of dampness in the basement garage inmost cases result in errors committed at the stage of the construction. And the most interesting: to take into account all the nuances and provide every opportunity moisture in the cellar, it is practically impossible. And well, if not will be around groundwater, and none of the neighbors in the vicinity Tools storm sewers. But a huge number of owners of garagesbasement in the spring-autumn still have to face a significant challenge - as a dry cellar. In this article, we not only look at the main methods of drying space, but also give some advice on the correct basement waterproofing.
- We plan, eliminating humidity
- As a dry cellar in the garage
- drying method with a brazier
- Drying Method using candles
- Methods of waterproofing the cellar in the garage
- How to make external drain
- Internal drainage device
- Injection basement protection
- Waterproofing of penetrate action
We plan, eliminating humidity
On prevention of the appearance of dampness in the cellaryou need to think more on the construction planning stage. With the construction of the basement in any case should not be used porous materials, such as expanded clay or concrete blocks. Also, it does not recommend the use of any type of bricks, because in practice it is difficult to provide adequate water resistance of this material. The best option is concrete, not only for the bottom of the cellar, but for all the walls.
The next question that appears in the constructioncellar, garage, how to choose the design - team or monolithic? Of course, the monolithic basement less labor intensive, and its service life is much longer, but the foundation blocks can be used if desired.
Construction work is best done in the summer, when the water in the basement garage - an extremely rare phenomenon. Then be able to avoid the appearance of ground water in the prepared pit.
As a dry cellar in the garage
Despite careful choice of location, enhancedwaterproofing and other measures to prevent the occurrence of moisture in the basement, is not always possible to consider every last detail. Thus, we consider the basic ways to dry the cellar in the garage.
Before proceeding to the waterproofing hasbuilt in the basement garage, you need to think about how to dry the damp cellar. It is best to do it during the warm season. To begin with take out from the cellar all that there is, that is:
- boxes for vegetables.
After that thoroughly cleans the floor of eventhe smallest debris. Now the room has to dry for two days in a natural way. Next (especially in spring and autumn) be sure to further dry the basement.
drying method with a brazier
One way to rapid drying the basementIt requires an old metal bucket. A bucket is placed in the middle of the cellar, it is diluted and maintained fire to dry flat. The hot air circulation creates a forced and stale moist air fairly quickly forced out of the basement. An additional advantage of the method - smoke wonderful destroys mold and bacterial spores in the walls, as well as long evicting unwanted insects.
Drying Method using candles
The second drying method basement even easier thanprevious. All you need for it - is to increase the vent pipe to the floor and put it under a burning candle in a metal container (such as canning high bank). Now that there was an initial thrust straight into the tube light a small piece of paper. All. Further necessary traction is maintained candle flame. Thus, for 3-4 days, changing the new candle candle, you can completely solve the problem of how to dry the basement garage.
Tip: instead of candles can be used dry fuel tablet.
Only completely dry every square centimeter of the basement garage, you can begin to work on the waterproofing.
Methods of waterproofing the cellar in the garage
Typically, to protect against moisture at the stagethe construction of the basement in the concrete added special waterproofing additives that enhance the protective properties of the material against moisture and groundwater. Let's look at a few ways to protect cellars from moisture and humidity.
How to make external drain
The surest way to avoid getting wet basement- Abstraction of groundwater from the basement or storm sewers, or off-site. However, this method is suitable, both from the efficiency and cost-effectiveness for the only free-standing buildings, not parking lots, garage cooperatives and cellars of the big houses.
Tip: external drainage system is best carried out simultaneously with the construction of a basement garage.
external drainage device technology:
- Around the perimeter of the basement is required to dig outtrench depth below the cellar floor of 0.4 m and a width of 0.4 m. In this case, every 2 meters drilled the well to a sandy layer, which are installed in plastic pipes for drainage. To prevent crumbling of the soil and gravel into the hole of drainage pipes, they need to close small galvanized grating.
- After that, the bottom of the trench is closed geotextile(To avoid sedimentation) so that the ends of the material left on the walls of recesses and trenches themselves at a height of about 0.4 meters are filled with gravel or crushed stone (care must be taken so that the top layer of fill was just above the bottom edge of the cellar wall).
- On top of rubble remains wrappedgeosepticheskoy matter. The result of all these manipulations will be horizontal drain pipe around the entire garage, preventing it from entering the perimeter of the ground water, as well as their accumulation.
- Next, a trench covered with soil in several stages, carefully tamping each layer is to prevent shedding design.
Important: when drilling must ensure that they are not much deeper into the layer of sand, and also to the drainage system did not fall from the wastewater sewage system as continental sands represent aquifer containing a drinking water. Allow to enter drains, the first to suffer it, you and your household.
Internal drainage device
If the question often arises as to dry quicklylarge cellar, you should arrange its internal drainage system. For this construction the entire perimeter interconnected tubes located into which flows the water flowing into the basement.
For draining cellar garage at the presentconstruction market offers a wide range of dedicated pipes of different diameters: perforated, corrugated, with ribs. The greatest efficiency of different pipe diameter of 110 mm. Drains must be equipped with special holes arranged along the entire length of the tube equidistant from each other.
Tip: The internal drainage is best done before the floor construction. Otherwise, it will have to break.
Internal drainage device technology:
- Around the perimeter of the basement digging a trench to a depth of 0.4 m.
- The bottom is carefully compacted and it stretches geoseptichesky material.
- The trench is filled with 0.15 m of gravel or crushed stone.
- Top backfill layer stacked drain bias under 3 mm per meter length of pipe.
- Drainage pipe is completely backfilled with gravel medium size (5-15 mm), so that the openings are not clogged by smaller particles and covered with geotextile.
- The trench is completely filled up with sand and compacted.
- In order to collect the water from the pipes at the lowest pointthe cellar should be made to arrange a well. Now you can buy ready-made industrial wells of PVC up to 3 m, characterized by lightness and strength. But some people prefer to make their own well of concrete, which significantly increases the amount of work.
- In the well installed sump pump,turns on automatically when the float located in the well, a certain level. When lowering the float in the initial position of the pump motor is switched off.
Council: the place where will be given the pumped water, care must be taken in advance. To do this, connect the hose to the pump carried out either off-site or in the local sewer system.
It is interesting: instead of the well can be used ordinary dvuhsotlitrovuyu barrel, but in this case will need to regularly ventilate the basement garage.
Injection basement protection
This innovative method is one of the mostcostly, moreover, it requires certain skills and special equipment, so that the performance of such work should be entrusted to professionals, rather than trying to cope on their own. Waterproofing by injection is effective even for facilities built of brick, block and cinder block.
injection method of waterproofing technology
- By construction perimeter drilled holes with a diameter of 1.5 to 4 mm at a distance of 20 to 80 cm from each other depending on the thickness of the walls, the density of soil and other influencing factors.
- In the opening set Expansion packers in which the insulating material and are introduced under high pressure using a special pump.
The undoubted advantage of the method is that suchwaterproofing can be carried out at any time, without opening the floor, foundation and without removing the cladding. In addition, polymer waterproofing - very durable and environmentally friendly materials, and thanks to the low viscosity, they are able to fill even the smallest cracks in the walls and foundation.
Waterproofing of penetrate action
The most effective way hydroprotection cellar garage is a method of using the penetrating waterproofing.
This type of material makes it possible to quickly andquality cover not only the surface of the basement, but also all the concrete and even brick surface. High efficiency when working with wet facilities allows for working from within, avoiding debilitating otkopki exterior walls.
Waterproofing mixture is diluted ordinarywater, and the resulting solution is applied to pre-wetted surface. The mixture, joining the violent reaction of water on the surface of isolated objects, forms crystals, completely filling the capillaries of concrete or brick.
Once completely dry basement anddamp-proof can be brought back to the shelves, boxes and shelves. Before that, they should be washed thoroughly and treat with an antiseptic solution such as copper sulfate (today it is one of the cheapest, but it is highly effective ways to protect against mold).