Screw the foundation with his own hands
You have decided to mount his screw foundationforces? Then you need detailed information about the features of this design, as well as instructions for installing it. Works must be thought out to the smallest detail, because of the foundation depends on the stability of the entire structure. This article provides relevant and useful information about how to correctly build the foundation of screw piles for private construction.
- Foundations on screw piles: specialists' references about its advantages and disadvantages
- Where to install a screw-pile foundation is most advisable?
- Screw pile foundation: design features
- What are the piles used for the construction of the helical foundation?
- What to look for when choosing the piles?
- Calculation and Design
- The construction of the screw-pile foundation with his own hands
Foundations on screw piles: specialists' references about its advantages and disadvantages
Masters, for a long time working with a screw-pile foundation, unanimously recommended to use it. Why?
- This versatile, strong ground as a low-rise building and for garages, fences, lights, poles and the like, time-tested. It is used in construction for over 100 years.
- This design does not require any pre-ground works. Piles are twisted into the ground using special setup or manually.
- Construction is allowed on any challenging surface in all weather conditions.
- This foundation is estimated environmentalists and people who care about the environment. When its construction will not damage the roots of trees in the vicinity, as well as other ecosystems.
- mount a screw the foundation of their own hands with the key or the rod not be easy, and it takes no more than 2 - 3 days. He simply dismantled, therefore suitable for temporary structures.
- With proper selection of screw piles for the cost of such a foundation will significantly cheaper than similar conventional buildings.
- It is convenient to use as a basis for an extension to the existing buildings.
The disadvantage of this type of foundation is the fact that it is difficult to arrange the cellar or basement with him, although the issue and decide.
More generally it is suitable for low-rise buildings (of about 5 tons).
Where to install a screw-pile foundation is most advisable?
- Where there is a movable unstable ground. Piles are unstable portion of the soil ball, crashing into a solid foundation. These metal construction withstands lateral forces.
- In the harsh climate. In areas where the ground freezes deeply and earthworks not possible, use a screw pile foundation. Mount it can be even at very low sub-zero temperatures. Pile passes almost every layer of frost.
- In flooded or flooded areas. If you want to build a house on the shore of a lake or river, you only need to use a screw pile foundation - reviews of the owners 'lake' houses confirmed that this is a perfect option. In swampy areas and in humid climates without it too can not do.
It turns out that it can be installed anywhere. The only thing it is impractical to do on the ground rocks as stone foundation itself - an ideal base for the building.
Screw pile foundation: design features
In order to build the foundation of a screw with your hands, you must submit details of its design features.
Screw pile - a special hollow pipebecome. On the one hand it is a pointed tip with thread or drill blade. Pile diameter can be an average of 10 to 33 cm with a wall thickness of 8 to 12 mm, and the length - from 0.25 to 2.5 m in the upper part of the tube (ground) is hat (rectangular, circular, U-shaped. ) intended for securing raft foundation, which is a framework for building. On the inner and outer surface of the tube coated with a layer of special anti-corrosion coating. Its thickness is significantly influenced by the durability of the pile. The operating period of these products from a trusted, reliable products is at least 50 years.
What are the piles used for the construction of the helical foundation?
- With the standard thread (only at the tip).
- A combined thread (not only at the tip but also in other parts of the tube).
- With the blades.
Standard - the cheapest and blades -the most expensive, as compacted soil more efficiently than ordinary screws. Standard and unified range of this product is not for today. Each manufacturer develops its own range of products and consumables (clamps, caps, adapters, etc.).
What to look for when choosing the piles?
1. The first criterion - quality products, which can be determined by the location and shape of the blades. The tip must be asymmetrical to provide an easy and gradual entry into the soil pile. If the pile is screwed with difficulty, the reason may be in its low quality.
2. It should be carefully examine the technical passport of the product, to verify the information in it with the form of screws.
4. Also, no harm will be guided in choosing the piles on top sellers, buying products from well-known and trusted companies.
5. For those who have decided to install a screw foundation - consumer reviews can be a great help. It is important to consider the views of people who have purchased the product of a particular company.
Calculation and Design
This is the starting point in the work on the foundation. From that, how well drafted "basis" of your home will depend on the reliability of the entire structure. Therefore, for help in this matter is best to contact the experts, that accurately calculate the right amount of the pillars and their technical characteristics. Many large firms that implement piles conduct such calculations free of charge for its customers.
The calculation of the foundation of the project is taken into account:
- soil type and its properties;
- groundwater levels and their seasonal variations;
- the depth of freezing ground. It is necessary to know exactly "safe" depth, that is the one where where are stable soil. Piles bump below the frozen ground.
- the weight of the future structure. Taken into account the weight of all its contents, different types of possible loads on one pile and all together (for example, seasonal, wind, dynamic, etc.)
- bearing capacity of pillars;
- reserve, leave for trimming to align piles (primerno15-20 cm).
The construction of the screw-pile foundation with his own hands
Once you have acquired the required number ofpiles required size, you are ready for installation. If the depth to which you want to install the pile is less than 1 m, it is worth trying to save their own carry out installation and decently on that.
Piles having a length greater than 1 m (the most frequentlyoccurring variant, because in most parts of the freezing depth is equal to 1, 5 m), set harder. But if you have the proper skill, something you can do without specialists. Stages of work will be as follows:
1. Marking area
Place each pile mark pegs onthe perimeter of the base structure. They are distributed uniformly and with equal pitch (typically 1.5 m - 3 m). Piles must prop up the units and angles of internal walls.
2. Screwing piles
Once made marking territoryunder the foundation piles start to screw up. If you are doing it manually, it is best to use a barbell. After every few turns necessary to check the horizontal level, in order to avoid post stroke curve.
Important! The pile will not work to spin closer than 30 cm from the existing fence or wall.
3. Align at one level
Piles tightened. It may be that they will be placed at different depths (this is due to the peculiarities of soil), and their height will be different. In any case, they need to cut in the level of certain projects, in order to achieve a more even horizontal possible under the "box" structure. This is done using special equipment (rotary laser leveling) or grinder. Surface pile height is determined by the height of the cap (usually from 40 to 60 cm).
4. Concreting piles of trunks
In the middle of the pipe filled with concrete solution(Peskotsementny or peskotsementnograviyny). At negative temperatures it is necessary to add antimoroznye additives in it. By concreting plombiruesya interior of the pile, which excludes it from the inside corrosion. If, however, a temporary structure, the concrete piles are not allowed. But it is risky, as piles can be filled with water and burst in the winter when it freezes.
Important! Concrete pile outside can not in any case!
5. Fitting the upper part of the lattice pile foundation (raft foundation)
Installation of grillage depends on the material in thisstructure. Under the wooden houses generally use Planking lower harness, which is attached to the large end walls with screws (screws-grouse), and for block and brick buildings - a metal bridge, which is welded to the joints with piles annular inner seam.
Piles facade panels can be closed if necessary, which in a large variety available in the market. Only it is necessary to leave otduhi.
As you can see, in the installation of screw piles is nothing fundamentally complex. It is important to do this efficiently, and then the design will be a reliable support for your building for many years.