Replacing the foundation under a wooden house
The settling of the foundations of wooden buildings - frequentphenomenon. This process comes from all sorts of hydrological, physical and mechanical changes to the lower ground, which reduces its load-bearing capacity. Often the changes are caused by the properties of the ground performed in the gardening area construction work. Under these conditions, replacing the foundation under a wooden house is the only way to prevent further subsidence, leading to destruction.
- Replacing the old foundation: ways
- How to choose a new foundation for a wooden house?
- The main stages of the foundation replacement
- Step 1: Install the jacks
- Step 2: Rise Housing
- Step 3: Production of the foundation and the withdrawal of jacks
Replacing the old foundation: ways
There are several types of foundation replacement for wooden house:
- Cosmetic - The easiest way, without involvingsignificant financial investments. In this situation, simply cut the rotten lot, but instead inserted a suitable wood element. But it should be noted that with such a partial replacement of, the integrity of the house is inevitably broken.
- Demolition of walls - Type of construction works, assuming fullthe dismantling of the walls, followed by replacing the lowest crown framework. Method reliable, but requires a fair share of the masters of patience and time for disassembly and assembly of the structure.
- Dismantling of the foundation. To do this, remove a layer of 20 cm, wooden crowns replace and rebuild the foundation.
- Replacement crowns using the jack lifting structure - The most popular method to replace the foundation to quickly and accurately.
Important! The above methods of replacing the foundation require the use of different tools that you need to prepare in advance so that during the operation not be distracted by the search for suitable equipment. For example, a cosmetic method can be carried out, having in the arsenal of a chisel, hammer and a hacksaw.
Disassembly requires the foundation device, by which it will be possible to implement the task. The choice will depend entirely on your preferences and capabilities.
It should also be concerned about the temporary supports, which will be held the house during repairs.
If you intend to use the jacks, their number depending on the length of the wall, can range from two to ten.
How to choose a new foundation for a wooden house?
It is important to understand that replacing the foundation of the house -a process that requires careful preparation. First of all, you should decide on the future structure of the foundation, which will replace the old one. The following types of foundation for wooden houses:
- pier foundation - A design adapted to maintainrelatively light houses with shields carcass or wooden walls, do not pose a significant burden. Despite its apparent simplicity, pier foundation - a sure way to ensure reliable support for a garden or country house, light baths or low-rise country cottage. He is represented by a system of pillars, which are installed at a maximum load, i.e. at the points of intersection of the walls. The pillars are made of brick, concrete, stone and mounted at a distance of 1-2 meters from each other.
- Bored pile foundation - A kind of pier foundation, onlyused as load-bearing components of asbestos-cement pipes filled with a special mixture. The construction of such a foundation is made up of piles and grillage connecting them. The carrier elements are arranged at the most significant points of the wooden house, such as structural angles or at the intersection of the main walls. Bored pile foundation optimized for buildings on high ground water.
- Screw Pile foundations - The most interesting kind of bases,originally intended for military purposes. The foundation is valuable because it can be used on any site, even rough. The low price and the possibility of repeated use of screw piles - an additional plus for benefits.
- Strip foundation It allows to build the house and provides a heavywith a good level of reliability and security. Melkozaglublenny strip foundation is subdivided into monolithic and modular. The first consists of concrete on the basis of the formwork, the second - from concrete and concrete blocks.
The main stages of the foundation replacement
In order to substitute the foundation was done qualitatively, it is necessary to comply with a series of steps.
Let us consider the most common type of replacement - with the help of jacks.
Step 1: Install the jacks
Jacks allow to raise the house evenly inOtherwise (if uneven rise) sill logs will bend, which leads to their dissociation and breakage. The jack must be installed in places where the wood is not damaged by rot. Be sure to install spacers - steel plates (5 mm) - it is necessary for the proper transmission of force from the jack rod into logs.
Step 2: Rise Housing
Rising to a height of the wall should be not less than 6 cm,remove decayed extension and lower the structure to trim the boards, set at the end - the temporary supports. Between the beams and logs paving treated with antiseptic tow width equal to twice the thickness of the wooden beams. Under the alleged tape foundation is poured brick fight and gravel layer 10 cm.
Step 3: Production of the foundation and the withdrawal of jacks
After the frame is omitted for safelymasonry, accepted for the manufacture of the foundation tape. It should be clear space under the walls and pave the formwork. Other wall at this time resting on temporary supports. It is important to take care of the niches under the jack, so you do not have problems with the structure of the descent. After installation, home niche embedded brick - work is completed.
As you can see, this process is laborious and requiresorganized approach, however, replacing the foundation with his own hands - quite realistic, if you come to work with the mind. A little patience, combined with the knowledge acquired guarantee a perfect result - a new solid foundation for your wooden country house.