What is better to choose a cork floor
Cork - one of the youngest flooring. It still causes a certain resonance among consumers. Someone hoarse ready to prove that the cork floors are ideal, but there are also those who are dissatisfied with the results of their use. Let's try to objectively understand, it is good for cork flooring, and how to choose the material. After all, most of the information provided mortar stores, most of them seeking to simply sell a product.
- What is cork flooring
- The basic qualities of cork coating
- How to choose a cork floor
What is cork flooring
Cork - it is nothing like the old barkSome types of wood which every 9-15 years carefully removed from the trunk, after which it begins to grow again. And the quality of the material is only getting better with every readout.
The composition of the cork - this settiny cameras, sealed and filled with nitrogen, and oxygen, making it easy, supple and elastic. It is almost completely retains its shape even after exposure to high loads.
The basic qualities of cork coating
What is cork flooring better than everyone else? Consider the main strengths and weaknesses of the material.
- The first thing to emphasize that the sellers -absolute ecological material. This is true, but only if the surface is acquired in the form of solid cork veneer. If the floor tiles made of agglomerate, the environmental level is significantly reduced, as to glue the cork particles with each other (and agglomerate cork is), it is necessary to use different adhesives, and plasticizers, resulting in the chemical industry.
- Low thermal conductivity. Yes, cork has a coefficient of thermal conductivity, is only slightly higher than the corresponding figure in the air (cork - 0.04, air - 0.02). This allows us not to use a special thermal insulator when laying flooring. In addition, cork flooring reviews of people already using them, it is determined as a very pleasant and warm to the touch. This is because the plug does not cool as quickly human skin, as, for example, tile or concrete.
- The low sound conductivity. Stopper remarkably absorbs sound, but only in the case where the thickness exceeds 3 mm. So if you're a fan of loud music and noisy parties, replacing the floor covering on the cork 10-15 mm will maintain peace with its neighbors.
- Tube resistant to mechanical and chemicaldamage. In fact, this statement is not entirely true. The residual deformation of the plug - 0.2 mm, that is, after heavy physical exertion, it still can not fully restore its surface. In addition, coverage is very afraid of sharp objects, heels, claws of animals, that is, anything that could puncture or tear. If we talk about the chemicals that cork flooring is practically not exposed to acids, alkalis but from its need to be protected.
- Another "pet peeve", which likepush all sellers - moisture resistance. Again, the absolute insensitivity to water only possess solid cork flooring veneer. In other cases, the plug is glued to the MDF or HDF board, which under the action of water is significantly deformed, so unacceptable to use such a coating in bathrooms and other rooms with high humidity.
- Another controversial feature of corkcover - its roughness. Some complain that the socks and tights wiped very quickly, and the same applies to sexual rags, as well as cleaning difficulty, while others do not like excessive slipperiness cork. It all depends on the composition, which is coated with the material, so when you buy it should be given due attention.
How to choose a cork floor
Cork flooring - how to choose the best option? This question interests almost everyone interested in this flooring.
Of course, first of all should payattention to the manufacturer. The main producer of cork Portugal is considered to be a little behind her Spain, China and Poland. Produced in these countries is the most high-quality material.
Next, be sure to look at the packaging. Sections Tube must be performed correctly, without nicks and burrs. Wrong side of a good coat is dense and homogeneous. Also, the plate should be compared from different boxes. These sections should be the same, or when laying the gap will be formed.
For bathroom and kitchen should buy corka coating of a single sheet, but it has the necessary facilities for these moisture repellent properties. For the other rooms you can purchase a floating cork flooring. This cork sheets, glued on MDF or HDF, and fastened together with special locks. Such a coating can be disassembled and assembled again.
Must be free of foreign materials,visible on the plate cut. Many manufacturers in order to save expensive cork panels filled with sawdust, or wood waste products. Foreign inclusions significantly reduce all the expected quality of the coating.
We hope that our article will help you to choose cork floor and you will enjoy it for many years cozy and comfortable flooring.