What better substrate
Laminate flooring is a popular floor covering,Attracting such advantages as durability, reliability, convenience at the device, inexpensive cost and fine appearance. However, when laying it is worthwhile to worry about the presence of an insulating layer that smooths irregularities, has cushioning, sound and heat insulation properties. Moreover, the substrate under the laminate is a component, from which the process of mounting a beautiful and high-quality floor begins.
- The task and function of the substrate
- Selection of the substrate under a laminate
- The substrate of foam
- Composite materials and cork
- Izolon (foil substrate)
- The properties of the glass fiber substrate
- What you need to know when choosing?
The task and function of the substrate
Many people trying to save money, consider that thelaying laminate substrate can be dispensed with. But it is a misconception that is unlikely to help gain on the building materials, but rather the opposite, then have to spend a considerable amount, dismantling the recently laid floor. So, what is the main purpose of the substrate, what is it for?
- Sound and noise insulation. The substrate for laminate mutes the sound of footsteps, the noise from neighboring rooms and other interference that may interfere with work or leisure;
- Thermal insulation. Of course, the support to be able to almost fully replace the "warm floor", but playing in the winter kids on the floor will easily;
- The absence of squeaks. The creaking of the floorboards - a fairly common phenomenon, which can now be avoided;
- Increased service life of the laminate. A well-laid substrate may at times increase the life of the flooring. There are examples of special moisture resistant membranes for maximum stability and reliability of the floor;
- Remedy drops, bumps and floor defects.
Selection of the substrate under a laminate
Modern building materials market offers a lot of options other than the manufacturing method, quality characteristics, thickness.
In light of this situation, the substrate for laminate: Which is better - an issue of concern to many. To find the answer to such a vital issue, you need to have at least a minimum of information on the topic.
The substrate of foam
The most common, simple and affordablea type. Resistant to solvents, oils, not afraid of moisture, bacteria and mold. Polyethylene foam easily processed by standard tools and can be easily mounted. Placement is made back to back, which are glued construction area tape.
It is important! In applying the foam thickness of the substrate under a laminate - 2 mm.
The substrate of foam - a great sound andparoizolyator having only one negative - loss of elasticity during use, resulting in a laminate gaps appear, emits a hollow sound when walking.
Plastic substrates are:
- of physically cross-linked, polyethylene foam. It is characterized by higher rates of noise insulation, perfect for warming;
- of the gas-filled polyethylene having a non-crosslinked structure and manufactured by extrusion (foaming gas);
- chemically cross-linked polyethylene, characterized by low cost, but at the same time having a good performance.
Composite materials and cork
Such substrates are made of pressed cork chips (serves as a base), and various additives. There are material:
- TUPLEX - composite substrate from Finland,having a thickness of 3 mm. The design consists of polystyrene beads, packed between the polymeric film. Wherein the lower layer - vapor-permeable, i.e. Moisture from the ground smoothly enters the substrate thickness. The top layer is a vapor barrier film that promotes the conclusion of moisture through the ventilated skirting.
It is important! When using a substrate TUPLEX condensation under the laminate is not formed, and therefore, no fungus or mold you do not get any.
Fits this composite subbase without tape - each equipped with a roll of adhesive overlap, allowing to connect the sheets into a single system.
- The best material for laying a laminate -cork substrate, which is made from compressed and glued to sheets 2 mm thick cork. As the adhesive acts a natural component - suberin. The main advantages of this natural raw material - environmentally friendly, high heat and sound insulation properties, resistance to the processes of decay. Besides cork over time does not lose initial properties.
Cork substrate are divided into:
- Bitumen-cork - is a database ofcellulose impregnated with bitumen on the one side. The cellulose is added cork thickness such zaschity- 2-5 mm. The lower layer (tube) creates a ventilated cavity prevents condensation. Bitumen acts as waterproofing, making such layer is particularly required in high humidity conditions.
- Rubber-cork - consisting of technicalcork, rubber granulate and binder polymer. They have the best sound insulation, protection against vibration and shock waves quenched. The thickness is selected depending on the noise level that you want to drown.
Izolon (foil substrate)
Enough high demand for insulation material,representing a foamed polymer-coated metal foil. At arrangement of comfortable floor izolon indispensable foil, like a mirror, reflecting heat into the room floor. Among the shortcomings we can mention the high cost: for the foil substrate will have to pay three times more than the above types.
The properties of the glass fiber substrate
Produced on the basis of plate insulation and are most commonly used for the laminate is 5-7 mm thick, as well as for installation on a concrete or wooden base. Pros:
- Environmentally friendly. During manufacture, the adhesive is not applied, and other chemicals;
- Mechanical strength: plates are not compressed, not deformed (even when moisture);
- Can be laid on the bare foundation of concrete or wood;
High quality sound insulation, firmness.
What you need to know when choosing?
If you choose to be guided by the propertiesmaterials. Note that an artificial raw stably does not shrink, it is not subject to external influences. Plastic substrates are good for leveling the surface, they are perfectly absorb noise and make your floor is very warm.
Cork substrate is mounted under the laminate class "luxury" to have zero absorption and noise wonderful disguise.
Bituminous materials are placed, it is important if good ventilation and protection from liquids.
It is important! When selecting the substrate it is necessary to take into account the thickness and class (economy, middle, first).
Now that all the necessary theoretical bases obtained, select the substrate under a laminate is not difficult. This means that the floor in your home will be high quality, reliable, warm and beautiful.