Vapor floor, first of all, need torooms above the basement and located on the 1-x floors of residential or industrial buildings without basements. Usually by this technique are turning, if mineral wool is used for thermal insulation of the floor. With high humidity and dampen the material loses the properties of the insulation. Also, steam is widely used when installing floors in saunas and baths to reduce vapor loss to a minimum.
- Materials for floor vapor barrier
- Compare, evaluate, choose
- The most common plastic film
- Modern plastic vapor barrier
- Membrane steam - leader
- floor unit with vapor barrier
- Vapor barrier on w / b boards or vaults
- Wooden floors and liquid rubber
Materials for floor vapor barrier
What materials can be attributed to the modern? Of course, the film - the most common and widely used today. Before the start of the 90s. information about them is virtually non-existent in our country. We used mainly roofing felt, asphalt, roofing material or ordinary polyethylene film (sleeve). And they are often not used at all. The appearance on the Russian market a wide range of vapor barrier films associated with the development of construction of elite buildings, for which the required quality materialy.Stoit noted that vapor barrier (protecting it from water vapor), these films are divided quite conventionally. Since many of them with success can be attributed to the waterproofing (protects from water), and vice versa.
The most popular are the following:
- wind - steam, - waterproofing «BRANE» (Russian-made);
- wind - steam, - waterproofing "DOMIZOL" (Russian-made);
- wind - steam, - waterproofing "IZOSPAN" (Russian-made);
- steam, - waterproofing "Tyvek" (Danish production);
- ordinary polyethylene film.
Of all these materials, the most popularuses steam Izospan floor. Universal Izospan B, a two-layer membrane film of polyethylene is most often used for flooring. One of its sides - rough, designed to hold the capillary evaporation, and the second - a smooth, facing the floor. Always secured to the inner side of the material - a thermal insulator.
Protects against vapors insulated designprevents condensation, protects the structure from the elements of fungal attack and corrosion, provides protection from entering the premises of insulation fibers. Applying this film can be in any building with any form of insulation. Usually it laid on ceiling joists. Then between the top layer paroizoliruyuschego material and insulation as well as arranged a ventilation gap of 4-5 cm between the vapor barrier and the finishing floor.
Compare, evaluate, choose
Now there are 4 main types of material used for the vapor barrier work (used both inside and outside the building):
The most common plastic film
It has a number of disadvantages. The important thing is that this material provokes the greenhouse effect in the room. However, his supporters often include a similar effect to the pluses. They argue that in the winter due to the film being cut on heating costs and in summer it is not a problem, because all use air conditioners.
I have another film negative. With its installation it is necessary to leave a small gap required for evaporation of condensate. But because of the smoothness of the material on both sides, condensation is not able to be held, therefore, it flows down. There is partially absorbed by the heat insulation layer. In this scenario, the latter may eventually lose all of its insulating properties.
Modern plastic vapor barrier
She is the only one smooth side andthe other is covered with small villi. These roughness delay condensate, going on a vertical surface paroizolyatora layer. Accordingly, this prevents its absorption into the insulation. The main disadvantage of this vapor barrier material is that it does not allow the surface to breathe.
Membrane steam - leader
This third type of material, which, as a rule,used when working in residential areas or having domestic purposes. To date, this is the best of their species vapor barrier materials. He contributes to the preservation of the natural microclimate in the premises. Pairs of hot air when its use is not able to reach the insulating layer. Unfortunately, the cost of it is high enough, so it is available for high-tech membrane is not for everyone.
Sometimes the use of film-coated foil which reflects infrared radiation. They can trap heat in the room, which is especially valuable.
floor unit with vapor barrier
Vapor of the floor begins with the dismantling ofprevious coatings, substrate preparation or repair if necessary. When all of these works were performed - you can proceed directly to the installation of waterproofing.
Thus, the steps of:
1. Removing the old coating, dismantling. It is necessary to eliminate all layersTies / cladding boards. Ties also need to be thoroughly cleaned using a broom or vacuum cleaner. Then it should be inspected for defects (potholes and through small cracks, large irregularities). If you are there in large numbers, will require some repairs. It will be necessary to rectify the screed to avoid a direct hit of moisture that can penetrate through cracks in the soil.
2. Installing waterproofing. This is required as additional protection against moisture. If waterproofing material roll, it is placed overlapping, the joints are glued conventional adhesive tape or a special adhesive tape.
3. Setting the lag in the design position. It is necessary to align the level of each lag tohorizontality was perfect. At the same time all the wooden elements should be treated with antiseptic. It protects the wood from the appearance of mold and mildew, insect damage to its surface.
4. Installing insulation. He fits into the space that sits between the joists. If the tile-insulation material, it is necessary to eliminate the existing gap between him and the joists, so as not to create cold bridges.
5. Laying a vapor barrier on the floor. If you use double-layer stackingpolypropylene film (second layer - antikondensantnaya surface), it is mounted to the smooth side of a heater and into the room - rough. If the metallized film, it is put to a heater metallized side. Paroizolyator - polypropylene, which has a one-sided laminated coating of polypropylene film, a heater placed in a smooth surface, braided side out. If you are using a three-layer film with reinforced mesh, which is with 2 sides laminated with plastic wrap, then it should fit tightly to the heat insulator and to have compulsory ventilation gaps of 2-5 cm.
6. Laying the floorboards. When installing, note that the surfaceparoizolyatora to the floor is desired a gap of 1-2 cm. If the right to make all the technological work, be able to avoid significant loss of heat insulation performance in this scenario will be at altitude. This will ensure a constant comfortable temperature in the room even in extreme cold.
Generally, steam floor in a little wooden houseunlike similar technologies in other areas. It may be used technique on logs, on the ground, on wooden or concrete floors. The sequence of application materials is practically everywhere the same, allowing for only minor variations.
For example, logs:
- The first layer - paneling boards
- wooden flooring
Vapor barrier on w / b boards or vaults
This question should be considered separately. If you want to install a vapor barrier on w / w slabs or arches, it will need a few other materials, for example, roller - based on bitumen and similar mastics. Also suitable polyethylene it based on bitumen-polymer mastic. Sometimes using conventional polymer-bitumen mastic and its surface is coated several times, thus obtaining, a continuous, uniform layer.
Proceed as follows:
- Cleaning the ceiling of the previous coverage, if available (eg, whitewashing, painting, etc.)
- Inspection of surface, simultaneously removing all the defects in the form of potholes and cracks.
- Surface cleaning dust
- Application of mastics
- Stacking of rolled materials. They should be spread out and fixed in overlap.
Wooden floors and liquid rubber
There is another way to the floor vapor barrier, whichIt would cover 100% of its surface, paroizolyator glued to the base with good adhesion. You can use the liquid rubber - the modern polymer-bitumen material. This high-elastic seamless environmentally friendly coating effectively applied as hydro, steam and soundproofing wood floor.
Liquid rubbers are:
- Applied in an automated way. Used for vapor barrier large surface area - hundreds of thousands of m2. Usually industries.
- Applied by hand to the floor of several tens of m2.
- opened a bucket of mastic;
- mixed content;
- roller or brush (you can trowel) material is deposited on the substrate.
Drying up, the bitumen-polymer materialforming a rubber film. She firmly glued to the floor, and repeats its relief. It does not transmit any moisture: from below in the form of steam, and from above in a liquid rubber to vody.Raskhod wooden floor vapor barrier will be 1 kg (or 1.5 kg) per m2. The film thickness is approximately 0.70 mm. One bucket (10 kg) is enough for 10m2 seamless vapor barrier coating as a concrete and wood with a very good adhesion. For waterproofing purposes should increase its consumption of 3-4 kg / m2.
Also note that the color of a rubber vapor barrier - black, it does not matter if it is closed and invisible. Therefore, it should always be close finishing floor.
To summarize the above, noting thatwaterproofing floors - is not extremely complicated and expensive procedure. Sometimes it is not necessary at all. But in classical warming floor technology it is usually used, especially when it comes to areas subject to high humidity. Special materials help retain heat in houses and significantly extend the life of flooring.