It is known that a significant portion of the heat goes outhouse across the floor. To avoid heat losses, it insulated. This procedure is especially needed in those cases where the floor is made of concrete or other "cold" material. Today, for insulating floors, there are many materials. The most popular and accessible of them - it's concrete block. The use of expanded clay as insulation - its main purpose. Warming of the floor expanded clay - the process is fairly simple, it can be done even on their own. In addition, it is the most effective way of warming: a layer of expanded clay at 10 cm is equivalent in its thermal insulation characteristics of masonry thickness meter, or 25-centimeter board. This technology is particularly suitable for use in latitudes with cold winters and hot summers: in cold expanded clay to protect against the cold, as not only an excellent thermal insulator, but also frost-resistant material, and the heat will keep cool thanks to minimal thermal conductivity, which prevents the exchange of cold and hot air.
- Technical characteristics of the brand and expanded clay
- Types of expanded clay on the size and structure
- Advantages and compelling reasons for choosing
- Expanded clay as a heater for utilities
- Warming of the floor expanded clay step-by-step visual aid for future handlers
Technical characteristics of the brand and expanded clay
Expanded clay (in Greek - "burnedClay ") - a light and porous building material with cellular structure. It is produced in the process of firing the fusible swelling clay with the addition of its constituent peat, sawdust, diesel oil, sulfate -spirtovoy stillage. It is produced in the form of rounded granules of different sizes. Concrete block in the construction industry as a heater is used as a bedding or as an additive in concrete, which also significantly reduces the weight of the structure.
Insulating properties depend on the size of expanded clay granules, its volume weight and the strength.
expanded clay fractions were determined by the size of granules: 5x10, 10x20 and 20x40 mm. In any of the factions are allowed to 5% larger and smaller granules of relatively standardized sizes.
By bulk density concrete block is divided by 10Marks: starting from 250 minutes and 800 minutes. Number marks corresponds to the number of kilograms per cubic meter (type 350, for example, it means that the bulk density of the material is 350 kg / m3). Grains with a lower density, porous, which means that the insulating properties of the material and above.
For each brand at a bulk densityestablishes requirements for strength. This rate is determined by the compression of the pellets of different labels in special cylinders. This indicator is important in the construction, because it defines the area of optimum use of expanded clay, taking into account the load on the structure. For example, for thermal insulation of the floor in the bath will need a large concrete block, and attic insulation or attic can perform fine fraction.
Expanded clay can be of different types and grades
There are three types of expanded clay:
- gravel, with pellets of 5 to 40 mm;
- gravel produced by crushing coarse fraction expanded clay gravel, with different sizes;
- sand, with a grain size of not more than 0.5 cm.
Expanded clay sand used for the productionextensive use of dry mixes - for insulation of walls, ceilings, foundations. Compacted sand lined by hardwood floors. Bedding layer thickness of 10-15 cm allows to achieve substantial savings on heating - the heat loss is reduced by 60-70%.
Gravel - ideal insulation material for floors, ceilings, roofs. It is he who is most suitable for the insulation of the attic floor or attic.
Advantages and compelling reasons for choosing
Compared to other materials, insulated concrete block has undeniable advantages. Let us consider them in more detail:
- Expanded clay - a natural material, which is made from environmentally friendly natural clay without harmful additives, and therefore, is completely harmless to human health.
- The porous structure of expanded clay gives it a good heat and sound insulation properties, thanks to which it is used for insulation of foundations, Floors, roofs of buildings, for thermal insulation engineering communications.
- Expanded clay inexpensive material, which significantly reduces construction costs.
- The small size of expanded clay and its flowability allow to fill all the existing cavities.
- Resistant to extremes of humidity and temperature, and it is important in our climatic conditions.
- Expanded clay lightweight material, and as a result the load on the foundation is less, which makes it more economical stacking. This quality helps reduce labor costs and improve the efficiency of the construction work.
Available in the form of expanded clay gravel, crushed rock and sand. In addition to insulation of attics and floors, concrete block used for thermal insulation engineering communications at home.
Expanded clay as a heater for utilities
With the help of expanded clay granules createinsulation for utilities, including pipelines. Expanded clay granules, mixed with foam crumbs which fall asleep cavity. This option is more effective insulation than mineral wool insulation and help save water and thermal communication from freezing. In addition, concrete block provides quick access to plumbing and heating networks without destroying it, and the durability of expanded clay can be used again after the removal of a breakthrough.
With the construction of the foundation of the use of gravelreduces it to the depth of 150 cm, as buildings strewn along the perimeter of the material will prevent the soil freezing. Delivery of the material is bulk tipper truck or in bags. Buying loose expanded clay, it is necessary to take into account the shrinkage factor in this method of delivery. It is approximately 1.15. The material that came in packaged form, it is easier to count the 20 bags form one cubic meter.
In addition, packed expanded clay easier to upload, store, and move to the site of construction works. However, the loose expanded clay cheaper but more trouble with him.
Warming of the floor expanded clay, step by step
- The floor in the room, in contrast to the walls and ceiling,experiencing constant load. Therefore, the first step is to calculate the required thickness layer bedding, and then tie the future, but also to plan the expected load.
- Before you apply a layer of expanded clay beddingyou need to take care of waterproofing that will protect podsypku from possible moisture penetration. For this purpose most often used high strength polyethylene film. The joints are glued conventional adhesive tape film construction to form a single sealed web. The substrate is then laid on the perimeter of the room so that the overlapped edges above the fill layer on the walls, after the excess portion is trimmed.
- To obtain maximum sealand to prevent shrinkage of the floor subsequently recommended to mix different fractions of expanded beads (5 to 20 mm), which will contribute to a better and wedging creates a stronger adhesion to concrete. Especially important is a way to fall asleep during the warming of the floor in the bath, where in addition to the physical effects it is exposed even moisture.
- The next step - the nomination of beacons, whichhelp fulfill floor insulation with minimal errors at the level of bias. The first beacon is installed a few centimeters from the wall. Follow the guides mounted parallel to the first lighthouse along the length of the rule that is used for leveling screed. Correctly exposed beacons provide a flat floor. Beacons themselves are usually made of metal tube or profile that is not caved in and securely fixed in a particular position. The more beacons will be installed, the better will tie.
- The next step - fixing beacon on pilessteep cement, alabaster or plaster solution. Once the guide has been carefully aligned using a spirit level and securely fastened hardened solution, you can start filling evenly expanded clay, tamped it. filling level should be checked, and do it with the help of roulette or template prepared by measuring the distance from the top of the lighthouse to the bedding. Irregularities and deviations are unacceptable.
- Next, you need to prepare concrete block before pouringsolution. It should be abundantly watered with liquid cement mortar ( "cement milk"). This is done to give the initial strength of the interlayer insulation, that he did not move in the future when dealing with a mixture of concrete or cement. Reinforcement across the entire surface of a metal mesh floor will provide him added strength, reducing the risks of deformation of the coating under a load.
- The final step - fill the floor. The solution was thoroughly mixed to a consistency that can pour a layer of expanded clay. Begin to fill the wall opposite to the inlet to solution stretching level beacons. Section by section the floor is poured around the perimeter of the room.
Important ! When calculating the expanded clay layer thickness must be remembered that it is beginning to show itself as insulation, since the thickness of 10 cm or more.
Note that when selecting the optimal thermal insulation of the floor expanded clay-coated on top of it is considered to be wood.
Walk on the flooded floor is not recommended earlier than one week. But the process of gaining full curing and final strength of the coating is completed only four weeks.
During this time, the floor must beperiodically moisten with water to prevent the formation of cracks. Check the floor readiness possible by means of a glass jar, putting it upside down. If she zapoteet, it will mean that the floor has not dried out. Alternatively, you can define the visual viewing surface: shiny and dark floor is not yet fully dried up, and operate it while it is impossible.
Correctly done work described above will allow to enjoy the quality underfloor heating for a long time.