Varieties and the main characteristics of linoleum
Linoleum - the universal democratic outdoorFloor, the market represented by the enormous amount of colorful, structural, textural choices. Buy now you can, as a budget homogeneous linoleum and costly natural Marmoleum or heterogeneous coating, wherein a wide range of prices. The proposed stock market have this type of materials with specific properties. All types of flooring, linoleum under the general title, are characteristic differences inherent in the quality of them, disadvantages and advantages, details of which will help to properly select the material.
- What tells marking
- The coating requires good choice
- Specific brands of linoleum
- The presence of bases and the number of layers
- Depending on the application
- The division of the composition of binders
- A common width linoleum
Modifications modern linoleum significantlynerespektabelnyh differ from older peers. The supremacy of the quality of the acquired rightfully recognized environmental cleanliness, is not peculiar to the historical predecessors. Decorative attractiveness of different grades of the material allows it to compete with the used everything for living room, study, bedroom with carpet or laminate. Practical, durable linoleum can replace ceramic tiles, floor unit applied in bathrooms, kitchens, showers, bathrooms.
Presented Now consumers linoleum - a versatile material, in no way inferior to their rivals, including on operational terms.
The vast number of products will serve yourhosts from 7 to 10 years, selected material model can be used for 30 years. However, the service life will be equivalent to the values guaranteed by the manufacturer, provided the precision of stacking technology. What, in principle, absolutely not difficult, because the simplicity and speed of installation is one of the main priorities of all types of linoleum.
What tells marking
Choosing material for arranging premisesspecific purpose, buyers are looking for an option that most closely matches their requirements and operating conditions. Can help you choose linoleum specifications given by the manufacturer in the manufacturing process and referred to in the documentation accompanying the product. Most of the companies engaged in the production of linoleum, is now equipping its product image and graphic icons. Available information on the packaging greatly facilitates the study of the qualitative characteristics of a particular modification. The marking material shall include:
- the scope of linoleum, which depends on the durability, ability to resist indentation, abrasion;
- density is directly proportional to the strength and water resistance;
- insulation properties, including resistance to the penetration of the sound vibrations and the passage of heat waves;
- covering behavior in the combustion process;
- resistance to mechanical shock.
Conditional graphical icons on the packaging will tellwhether installation of this product in the children's room is possible, on the stairs, in the dining room, if this type of linoleum can be laid over the system "warm floor". Here you can find the information data about color fastness, the reaction of the material to chemicals and UV radiation.
The coating requires good choice
How many would not have fought manufacturers to improve product is no final decision of several major problems:
- Material damaged by frost,
- not tolerate sunlight,
- number of species secrete a particular smell.
Because the coating of PVC is not recommended to lay inindustrial environments where the temperature can exceed 60 degrees. material acquisitions in the winter should be made daily to adapt to room temperature. Linoleum, made on the basis of tissue, as well as made from natural ingredients, should not be laid in bathrooms, showers, kitchens and near the pool. Selection of coatings for arranging premises with risk of fire is recommended to focus on the non-flammable types of linoleum.
Specific brands of linoleum
In stores now you can find versions of linoleum with specific properties, details of which can also be obtained at the information on the packaging. Specific types are:
- anti-static type of flooring used for arrangement of premises with a large number of electronic equipment;
- conductor material, contributing to allotment of static electricity due to the presence of graphite inserts;
- elektrorasseivayuschy kind of linoleum, performs its function independently of the humidity level;
- floor laying in sports complexes, providing optimal ball rebound, reducing the likelihood of serious injury;
- anti-slip linoleum, providinggood traction with wet feet or shoe soles due to the introduction of the quartz chips or by forming a surface relief in the manufacture;
- Medical species, in which the formula contains ingredients that prevent the spread of fungal and bacterial formations;
- acoustic linoleum, having a thicker foam backing with excellent cushioning properties.
Graphic marking helps to choose wiselyLinoleum - the characteristics, values and specific qualities, certain icons can be understood without translation. Sold in local shops and markets in construction material is subjected to mandatory control inspections, the results of which are issued by the fire and sanitary certified confirmation. Issued on the territory of our country the product is tested for parameters.
The presence of bases and the number of layers
Many questions from those who want to correctchoose linoleum: What is the basis and whether it is in general, layered or single-layer material to prefer better? This is natural, because the structure of the material largely determines the future behavior of the flooring, which manifests itself in the process of use, reliability and durability.
Regardless of the number of layers divided into baseless linoleum materials and types of coatings having a paper, cork, jute, cloth, foam cushioning or insulating substrate.
- Not having a basis for linoleum is madetechnological principle of rolling and rolling calender method. A mixture of the polymer with the additives fed to the hot rollers, the material thickness is formed on calenders. It is predominantly commercial types of flooring that can firmly hold a heavy load. Having a single layer of linoleum is also called homogeneous. They almost did not bend, but slightly abraded, they are difficult to cut, and it is impossible to burn a cigarette. Laying the floor covering homogeneous commercial type usually engaged professionals possess excellent mounting technology rather thick non-elastic material.
- Linoleum with a base made completely differentmethod. On the basis of the prepared mixture is applied hot, acquires on cooling required flexibility and hardness. Jute, cloth, foamed polyvinyl chloride or other support can also be applied cold formulations. After application they are heated, then passes during polymerization. Having two or three layers of linoleum classified as heterogeneous materials. The third layer of three-layer coating is typically a polyvinyl chloride film, which protects the material from external destructive factors. Common to all the variants of the second layer of puff determines the color of the material and its technical quality.
Heterogeneous flooring production - a complex process, because the resulting material is much more expensive.
However, the fine heterogeneous material less weight, easier to install. Subject to the recommendation of the manufacturer will be able to put a heterogeneous linoleum artist without experience.
Depending on the application
- Household linoleum. Designed for arrangement of housing and public buildings with low permeability floor features a minimum thickness of the working layer, elasticity, softness, light weight. This is the most subtle kind of material, and therefore less strong, use a period of 5-7 years. Recent models do not attract dust, inert to all household chemicals.
- linoleum Polukomercheskie species stronger andsafer home modifications. They serve more than 10 years, applied for resettlement offices, lobby and reception of public buildings. This type is equipped with a substrate, well it holds a temporary static load, restores structural volume after it is completed.
- The most durable and hardwearing commercialLinoleum - the characteristics of the material by the values higher than those of all of these products. He did not bend, but never wears even with intensive use, no problem holding the weight of larger machines. Trading of the new generation models are 25 years old.
The division of the composition of binders
All products offered by foreign and domestic suppliers, can be divided into five major groups, which are predetermined by dividing different groups of components:
- PVC linoleum made on the reinforcing fabricor a warming foam basis. They are represented by single and multilayer models. Negative qualities - the ability to shrink, that must be taken into account during installation.
- Alkyd or otherwise Gliphtal linoleum,by using the alkyd resins have high insulating properties, they are equipped with a fabric base. Compared to the floor covering made of PVC more fragile, prone to the appearance of cracks material.
- Made on the basis of nitrocellulosekolloksilinovy linoleum. It is predominantly single-layer material without reinforcing substrate, flexible, moisture resistant type of linoleum. Among the negative qualities distinguish flammability.
- The two-layer linoleum, rubber top layerwhich is made of rubber with an admixture of pigments and fillers, the bottom from recycled rubber recycled. Characterized by pledged properties of initial components in water resistance and flexibility.
- Natural, the most expensive linoleummade of natural environmental components. In the production of coatings used natural fiber jute, coconut straw, cork, limestone dust with the addition of pigments, linseed oil, resin coniferous trees. The most expensive representative - Marmoleum, which is used in the manufacture of only natural ingredients and base of jute cloth. With Marmoleum equip residential interiors, rooms of medical and children's institutions.
A common width linoleum
Traditional question arising in the calculation of future expenses, "How wide is linoleum?".
- Supplied in rolls of flexible multi-layer coating with a printed pattern, monophonic and multi-color color can have a width from 1.5 to 4 meters.
- Linoleum with insulating foundation presented the products, having a width of 1.2 to 3 meters.
- The vinyl covering with fabric-based release width of 1.6 - 3 meters.
- Rubber linoleum - Relin comes in rolls of a width of 1 - 1.6 meters.
Information extensive assortment of flooring range offered to the consumer under the generic name "linoleum", will help you choose the most suitable for the arrangement of the material.