How to align the floor
Before finishing the floor necessarily spendits alignment, which suit tie. Thus the quality of the performance characteristics of the coupler depend on the operating floor covering laid on top of it. If during the execution of the works will be mistakes, then they will hamper laying linoleum, laminate or carpet, reduce operating time flooring. However, nothing more difficult in the performance of the screed is not, so if you wish and have free time to level the floor with their hands can master home without any experience in the decoration.
- Floor Screed classification
- Arrangement of cement-sand screed
- How to align the concrete floor: video
- Levelling Compounds - self-leveling floors
- Fill Self-leveling floor
- GVL - dry "clean" alignment
- The device dry screed: progress
Floor Screed classification
1. Monolithic screed, which is divided into several subtypes:
- cement and sand;
- self-leveling mixture (self-leveling floor).
2. Dry (team) screed is made of building boards.
Arrangement of cement-sand screed
1. This method is selected if the floor level difference in the room is greater than 5 cm. In order to determine this value of the room are zero level using the water level of the building. With the help of this tool, at a height of about six meters from the floor are measured point on the wall, which are connected to a single line. Then Gaugeable distance from this line to the floor in several places. The shortest distance will be the maximum possible height of the floor. At the bottom of the wall say a few points, which are also connected in a line, which will act as a virtual tie edge performed. At the same time, remember that the minimum thickness of cement-sand screed is three centimeters, while the maximum - 7 cm.
2. Then proceed to the preparation of the surface of the concrete subfloor. The surface thoroughly swept and the dust is removed with a vacuum cleaner. Further, the foundation soil, pour a solution of waterproofing. After this priming procedure was repeated once more. This will ensure a better coupling with the floor screed base.
3. The next step is put beacons that will make the floor perfectly flat. Lighthouses (T-shaped metal rails) is attached to the concrete base with adjustable screws or simply put on lined slides thick cement-sand mortar. Instead, the solution can be used Rotband - high-quality stucco, manufactured by the German company Knauf. Beacons must be leveled using a spirit level and height stretched cord. Directing a first angle of at least 20 cm. The following are placed parallel to the first guide, with the distance between them is maintained which is less than 40 cm length rules.
4. The material may be a mixture of sand and cement or M-300 prepared dry mixtures intended for floor screed. When water is added to be followed proportions indicated by the manufacturer on the packaging of the mixture. When mixing the screed mixer used building, which cost in the absence of a special nozzle placed over the drill. A solution to prevent the thick consistency of the dough, while there should be no lumps. The prepared mixture should be slightly blurry on a flat surface, but do not spread. Preparing the solution to the entire area of the room and immediately used for a maximum of one and a half hours.
5. A portion of the kneaded solution is poured between the two lighthouses, and then with the help of the rules is leveled on beacons, moving it toward you. Start from the far corner of the room, gradually moving toward the door. Screed, performed with his own hands, is best done with an assistant. One person at the same time will align the mixture, and the second - to stir another portion of the solution. During screed recommend professional builders often "pierce" freshly poured sand-cement grout with a thin metal rod. This will avoid the formation of air voids in the thickness of the concrete screed.
6. For drying screed it takes a few days, after which it will be possible to walk. However, the complete drying occurs only within 2-3 weeks. To screed is not covered with cracks, it should be possible to cover at this time with plastic wrap. It can be carried out uniformly wetting tie twice a day instead of the film deck.
7. Check the quality of the screed floor can be on several grounds:
- the color should be gray and uniform over the entire area of the room;
- flat screed when checking rule forms a gap of no more than two millimeters;
- horizontal deflection should not exceed 0.2%, to visualize this value can give an example: in the four-meter room deviation can be no more than 8 mm.
- the same sound, which is published at rapping tie a piece of wood.
8. On the finished screed can be laid floor covering selected.
Levelling Compounds - self-leveling floors
In the case of a small drop the floor level,not more than 3 cm, using leveling compounds for floors, which are divided into two types. Some are able to spread over the surface of the base of their own, so they are called self-leveling mixture. Another kind of mixture requires human intervention, which with a spatula smear her hand on the floor.
Self-leveling mix, designed to. Floorings, otherwise referred to as Polymer Flooring, rovnitelyami floor, self-leveling mixes, etc. The main purpose of these compounds is to prepare floors made of different building materials (concrete, wood, gypsum) for finishing floor coverings, such as:
- PVC materials;
- ceramic tile.
Produce Dry self-leveling mix onCement based, containing special modifiers that increase the plasticity and fluidity of the mixing solution. In some formulations contains fibrous reinforcing agents, constraining the development of microcracks. Self-leveling floors after drying form rather dense and durable layer. However, for use without the flooring planks are not provided, as the unprotected surface can "dust", absorb moisture, oils and other.
On sale are thin-layerself-leveling compounds, which are designed for finishing. You can also buy a special mixture, suitable for rough alignment base, which has significant irregularities. This mixture is applied to a layer whose thickness may be up to 30-40 mm. At the same time on the perimeter of the room lay penopropilenovuyu tape, which relieves stress, from filling the floor. Since these mixtures have a low fluidity, it is ideal to obtain a flat surface is not possible. Therefore, usually the top thin layer is applied to the finish trim.
Fill Self-leveling floor
1. The work begins with the foundation of training, which should be dry and firm. In the room where the floor will hold a fill, you must eliminate the occurrence of drafts and draft diverter. To make demands and to the floor temperature, which should not be less than 5-10 degrees Celsius. The base is purified by various types of contaminants that could reduce the adhesion. Weak and loose portions of the old coating removed. Close up all cracks and holes through which leakage of the mixture may occur. Dust is removed with a vacuum cleaner, a sweep surface is not enough.
2. Further processing is carried out of the purified base primer composition, otherwise called a primer, which is applied in a thin layer with a brush, roller or spray. Application of the primer necessary as it enhances the ability of setting a floor leveling compound to the substrate. Primer also prevents bubbles, limiting the adsorption of water from the mixture during the mixing of its solidification. It is advisable to choose the primer compositions that are recommended by the manufacturer of the screed.
3. The next step is to start preparing the mixture. This operation is carried out in strict accordance with the instructions, avoiding any initiative. For intensive mixing using an electric drill with a nozzle, which allows for uniformity of mass devoid of lumps and clots. A mixture is prepared portions of quality since it is stored for 10-20 minutes. The exact time specified in the original packaging.
4. Immediately after the preparation of leveling compound is applied to the floor in the form of strips, the width of which reaches 30-50 cm. Wide steel spatula, put on the post, spread over the surface of the base solution. Delay when casting is not necessary, because we can not allow drying of the strip edge, applied earlier. It is advisable to pour the floor in the room at one time. If an area is large, the casting is carried out stripes, thus to achieve a perfectly flat floor surface is possible to professionals who have skills to work with Polymer Flooring. Many companies involved in Self-leveling floors, Have a special pumping equipment to apply self-leveling compounds with greater productivity.
Important! You can not change the thickness of the layer of self-leveling floor screed recommended by the manufacturer. Since this can lead to reduced performance of screeds made.
5. Drying and complete solidification of the filling of the field depends on:
- the thickness of the applied layer;
- the room temperature;
- the humidity level.
Usually they begin to walk on the surface of the fillingFloor 6-12 hours, and the total load is possible only after three days. Before you stick a floor finish, monitor humidity leveling layer. The result is compared with the level of humidity selected for the finishing of the material, permissible by the manufacturer.
GVL - dry "clean" alignment
Dry floor screed involves the use ofgypsum sheets (gypsum fiber board) for floor leveling, which are placed on a layer of expanded clay, having thermal insulation properties. Instead of expanded clay, you can use a loose building material having similar qualities.
When this technology floor leveling is faster and cleaner, but the quality is inferior to monolithic concrete screed.
The device dry screed: progress
1. On the cleaned surface of the base plank waterproofing material, in which can be a conventional polyethylene film with a thickness of 50 microns. Stack film strip with overlapping, reaching 10-20 cm, while doing desyatisantimetrovyh lap and on the walls. Also on the perimeter pave an edge strip made of a porous material. Featuring a tape so that it was between the film and a layer of expanded clay, later pours.
2. Lighthouses are not provided in the art, however, some people who do dry screed with your hands, use them. This makes it even easier to pour concrete block and movement within the layer. For lighthouses choose U-shaped metal profiles, which laid down the basis, align and fix. Void in the profile is filled with expanded clay aggregate.
3. crumbled concrete block, is leveled according to the beacons.
4. Then proceed to the installation of gypsum sheets, which have edges, which is their alignment and bonding special conical screws. Additionally applied to the edges also PVA glue. It provides a reliable coupling between the sheets themselves, turning into a single flat floor. So have sheets that fit on the wall, this edge is cut to provide a double layer of material. When laying the sheets can not move them on a layer of expanded clay, so you should try, despite their decent weight, immediately put into place.
5. At the final step is carried out priming joints GVL lists and places of fastening screws. Then treated the entire surface of the primer dry screed. Excess plastic film and tape neatly cut edge on the level screed.
Important! Unlike concrete screed work can be carried out in several stages, which is very convenient when working with their hands.
Now you have learned a few ways toalign the floor in the room, so will be able to choose the most suitable option. The main thing is not to hurry up and follow the technique of execution of each operation, and then the result is brilliant. If you think that not cope with the volume of their own works, then invite professionals.