Technology of laying his hands
Parquet traditionally is associated withluxurious palace rooms, luxurious villas and reputable institutions. Such a representation still remains with the royal times when artistic wooden floor was considered a sign of wealth and high social status showed home owners. Present parquet and now enjoys great popularity, despite its high cost relative to other floor coverings and some complexity in the installation. Lacquered surface parquet floor is perfect for any interior and adds to sophistication and polish. In this article we consider in detail a process such as parquet laying their hands, and give a few tips, allowing without spending additional funds to professional self-quickly and accurately perform all the necessary work.
- It should be laid parquet
- Types of laying parquet
- General preparation for work
- Preparation of the base for laying
- Technology laying his hands
It should be laid parquet
Many in the flooring attracts onlyits external beauty, and they tend to become its owner, not knowing the pitfalls to which they may have to face. Do not forget that the parquet - a natural tree requires to maintain its quality and attractive appearance of the special care during the operation. This material is very susceptible to the influence of the major climatic factors. Even the slightest change in temperature and humidity in a room can cause irreversible damage to your floor, for example, the formation of cracks or swelling of the coating.
Before you decide on the choice of floorcover, think, and whether you will be able to maintain the necessary microclimate conditions the parquet? It is because of the constant fluctuations of microclimate it is by no means impossible to lay in the basement and basement areas, saunas, bathrooms, toilets, conservatories or as a coating to the swimming pool. Excessive moisture in these areas entails bending dies.
By the same disastrous consequences and causes excessive drying parquet, so in areas with inadequate moisture is best to install special air humidifiers.
In principle, all these efforts were not in vain, because the result will be a great aesthetic pleasure derived when looking at the gorgeous flooring.
Types of laying parquet
There are many ways of laying:
- straight and diagonal offset deck ½, 2/3 or 1/3;
- herringbone and straight diagonal of one, two, three or four boards;
- straight and diagonal squares;
- straight and diagonal network;
- artistic masonry.
Each of them is good in its own way, and only the personalhost preference depends on what methods of laying the parquet will be chosen for him at home. The easiest method is considered the "deck" or "Extension". Parquet plank in this case are arranged strictly parallel to each other. This form can be used in the separation of a parquet pattern into components.
Flooring stacked squares, providedcareful observance technology have increased resistance to deformation property. Stacking "herringbone" arrangement of different strips: with this method, they are arranged at an angle of 90 ° to each other and 45 ° to the walls.
General preparation for work
The first step is to calculateflooring and acquire immediately all the necessary material and plywood, which will need to align the base. All this is necessary in advance to bring to the room where you plan to laying parquet, and leave for a couple of days to cover and plywood gained its position property.
While the material is "resting", you need to take carea tool, in order to later at the crucial moment did not run to the shops, wasting precious time and wasting wasted nerve cells. What do you need for laying parquet? Firstly, no construction work of good quality is unthinkable without the measuring instrument. It is necessary to prepare:
- building square;
- meter or measuring tape;
- building level (it is better if the hand will be both types: the liquid and the laser);
- template rail;
In addition you will need a huge range of the working tool:
- a hammer and a wooden mallet;
- scrap with a claw hammer;
- hand hacksaw with several spare blades;
- chisels and gouges of different sizes;
- circular and circular saws;
- drill with punch functions;
- small hand grinder (he would need in the places where it is not able to get a massive grinder).
Preparation of the base for laying
From properly prepared base surfacethe quality of future floor covering depends. If this step be taken carelessly, it is unlikely parquet, no matter how beautiful and luxurious it was not in the beginning, will long to please you with its attractive appearance.
If the old wooden floor made oftongued and grooved boards and is in perfect condition (that is, it does not creak, does not drop and moving places, is firmly fixed on the joists are well dried, soaked in antiseptic solution), then laying parquet can be made directly at him. The only thing you need to do - is put on the glue water-resistant plywood and secure it with screws, utaplivaja their head not less than 5 mm.
If the floor is concrete and it is unevenless than 2 mm 2 per meter, calculated in any direction, it is sufficient to avoid self-leveling mix, which is also waterproof plywood sheets are stacked.
Otherwise, it is necessary to resort to more complex methods of preparation, such as:
- parquet laying on the joists;
- parquet laying on the concrete floor.
- parquet laying on the joists. This option is good in that it does not requiretemporary base on drying costs, and eliminates the dirty work. In addition, in the underground space can be placed any communications network, or simply improve heat and sound insulation properties of the floor with the help of packing in vacuum thermal insulation. Logs are stacked perpendicular to the planned direction of the parquet and before it are treated with special antiseptic solutions. Better use of adjustable lugs to quickly align the surface of the base by a simple twisting bolts, but if this is not possible, then the usual lag screws are fastened at a distance of 500 mm from each other, with heads too recessed into the wood. After this level boards aligned small wedges and lay them on plywood sheets.
- parquet laying on a concrete screed. This type of training should be selected ifgender differences in height of more than 2 mm per 200 mm. To begin with the concrete foundation waterproofing using foil or plastic film, and its edges are displayed on the lower part of the wall. After that, pour concrete solution and allowed to dry at 1-1.5 months. Next, the base surface of the ground, and it bears a special glue. Now, as in the previous methods, you can start laying the plywood.
Important: before laying the plywood should be divided into small squares about the size of 400x400 mm, and its numbers have to be offset to any one place is not connected the four corners of the sheets.
Tip: after laying the plywood it is better to grind. This will avoid possible height differences. And give her a "settle" before laying parquet 3-4 days.
Technology laying his hands
First you need to get in the roomnecessary microclimate temperature should be above + 18 °, and the ambient humidity to stay in the region of 60%. Before operation, regardless of which installation has been selected, it is necessary to lay snake majachnye which can be located in two rows along the long initial wall, and along the central axis of the room. For correct positioning beacons rows across the room, pulled the cord located above the surface of the base at a height equal to the thickness of one plank flooring.
It is best to spread majachnuju snake on a hotmastic, which has the property to harden quickly and does not allow the strips to budge in further work. If you select the diagonal method of laying, the beacons rows should be located at the base of the diagonal.
Important: if it turns out that in the end will come an odd number of rows, it should be a beacon for the snake-shuffling to move on? the length of the floorboard.
parquet laying depends on the chosen technologymaterial. The most common hardwood floors are recruited from single plates (so-called block parquet). Modern strips have around the perimeter or along the edges of the ridges and grooves to facilitate their connection to one another. Begin work necessarily from the wall farthest from the door, so as not to damage the coating on exit svezhevylozhennoe.
At the base of the layer of adhesive, andeach slat slightly pritaplivaetsya to this solution, and it is fitted to the blade already tightly packed rows using mallets. To prevent bias in the subsequent work it is further secured 3 special nails that are making punch.
When laying mosaic parquet, representinga shield of any form, collected from several bars and connected to the front side of thick paper, on the basis of glue is applied and spread with a notched trowel and has it laid out the shields up paper. To achieve better adhesion, parquet floor should roll a metal roller. After complete drying of the adhesive paper is removed.
Important: whatever any way fit parquet, between it and the walls need to leave gaps expansion of at least 10 mm.
There is another way of laying - art, butabout it, we will not talk in this article, since its installation requires highly professional skills of carving wood, and every master (especially novice) can cope with the high quality of this work.
After the installation work the floor completed,its surface is required to be ottsiklevat. Now the base is ground very fine sandpaper, puttied, grounded by special trains, which keep the color of the wood and varnished in three layers. In addition, each layer necessarily dried and polished (it helps to get rid of small wood shavings raised during the coating).
We hope that the material presented by us,eliminated the last issues related to the laying of parquet flooring. Now it all depends on your patience, because the work is painstaking and requires perseverance, but all their efforts will be rewarded with a beautiful floor, pleasing you for years and causing the envy of friends and acquaintances.