Technology laying linoleum with his own hands
Stacking of linoleum - is the responsible process,It requires knowledge of a number of technological nuances and there is at least basic skills of construction. On how quality will be able to do the flooring, it will depend on the appearance and durability of the floor covering. Therefore it is necessary to approach the issue "head-on", after referring in detail to the linoleum laying technology. It is important to be aware of the existing methods of the present, to choose the most preferred.
- Prepare materials and tools
- Prepare for the performance of work
- Technology laying linoleum
- Laying linoleum without fixing
- Flooring linoleum on the tape
- How to glue linoleum
Prepare materials and tools
- Directly linoleum right size (it would be great if the roll width would be sufficient to put a cloth material). Do not forget to provide a reserve of 10 cm from all its sides
- Stain Remover
- A vacuum cleaner
- Building a knife, equipped with hook-and straight interchangeable blades
- The ruler (preferably metal)
- Scissors (large)
- Putty knife
- Glue for joints
- Special adhesive of water-based mastic
- Double-sided adhesive tape for vinyl
Prepare for the performance of work
1. Create appropriate working conditions. Get organized in the room, clean andclean it, make sure to it that there was no draft. It is necessary to maintain a stable temperature (not <18 c.) And humidity (not> 60%) in indoor 2 days before and 2 days after decking.
2. Prepare the surface. First, remove the baseboards. Then remove all the garbage from the floor, dust, crumbs, grease stains. It must be absolutely dry, clean and smooth. Do not lay linoleum over the previous floor.
If you plan to lay linoleum on concrete floorIt is sufficient to patch up all the cracks and justvacuum it. You can pre-warm. For this purpose, concrete or cement base must be glued to wood-fiber plates (DVP). If desired, these sheets may be applied in two layers - one soft plates, and the second - from semisolid.
If you have to lay linoleum on the woodenfloor, then please make sure of the reliability of the floorboards, drive all protruding nails. On top of the boards is not superfluous to lay plywood, and then fix it with nails (one nail - 10 cm). Joints - zashpatlevat and sanded.
If you have an old dilapidated flooring, then remove it, paint over bumps and cracks leveling compound. Then grind.
3. Prepare the Floor. Linoleum must survive 2 days in the room where it is to be laid. Rolls should be placed vertically.
Important! If the linoleum is purchased in the winter, in the cold days, it can not be laid immediately, without training. Roll, brought in from the cold, you can not even deploy. The fact that the exposure to freezing temperatures linoleum becomes brittle. It is intended solely for the heated premises. Therefore, be sure to let the rolls warm up naturally at room temperature.
Approximately one day prior to laying the rolls should beroll it out, cut and put cloth on the floor, so they straightened. Slice web based bends (10 cm) on the walls and taking into account the different niches and doorways. Place them along the longest wall. It is important to lie down and leveled linoleum under its own gravity. On large canvases can accommodate smaller to enhance the alignment effect.
It may happen that cover the floor with one blade fails, and you have to make it out of different pieces. It is important to make sure that the pattern match. Consider the following features:
- paintings and marble-one-color linoleum laid perpendicular to the direction of light to the exterior walls, so as not to be visible seams.
- fabric patterned linoleum has a longitudinal, carefully aligning the image. Along placed in corridors, regardless of figure.
In the rooms the complex form (with columns, figuredwalls, pipes, and so on. p.) laid linoleum on the floor, mark the contours of the walls using a ruler and cut, taking into account the allowances. The final prirezku produce after gluing, in addition to miss the mark and gluing mastic edge.
If you plan to fix the linoleum using double-sided adhesive tape, it is recommended to glue it to the ground around the perimeter, leaving the upper protective coating.
Technology laying linoleum
Linoleum flooring can be done in three ways:
- .. Non-latching, that is, free styling;
- on the tape;
- adhesive (water-based mastic).
Selection of a particular method depends on the floor area and the planned conditions of its operation.
If the room is small (up to 20 sq. M) and the floor is operated by non-intensive, it is quite suitable way to free styling. Normal human movement in the coating does not cause serious deformation.
If we are talking about areas of over 20 square meters, where it is supposed to move heavy objects (furniture, equipment, etc.), the gluing linoleum - required condition. Otherwise, do not avoid swelling, stretching and tearing. Even a simple movement of furniture can cause movement of linoleum. In a large room with a small cross linoleum can be fixed with adhesive tape. If the permeability is great - it is only on a special adhesive.
Laying linoleum without fixing
- In order to achieve the flexibility of linoleum, hold it a day in a room at a temperature of 18 c.
- Well, if the width of the canvas is enough to coverFloor entirely. You just need to cut the canvas, which corresponds to the shape of the room (including doorways, all sorts of niches). Do not forget to leave the allowance on each side not <8-10 cm.
- Tuck allowances, allow the coating to lie a day or two.
- You may need to join several bands,and then you need to very carefully keep track of them to match up the picture. Usually drawing coincides with the docking bars on the flat line factory cut.
- It happens that the line drawing of the factory is not cutpoint. In this case, will have to cut the strip. Sequence of operations would be: lay overlapped webs in such a way that the drawing and on the lower and upper web are aligned. Over the paintings should be put a metal ruler and hold cutter (can building with a knife) so as to cut through both the web. Trim clean, clear strips should be joined. The joint need glue or mastic adhesive double-sided tape.
- Inside corners should be cut diagonally. Because linoleum is easier to get smooth and tighten the walls evenly.
- Ruler closely attach to the wall and carefully trim any excess with a knife blade with a special hook.
- When installing plinth better screwing screws in the floor and the wall does not have to be recorded on linoleum perimeter.
Flooring linoleum on the tape
- Pre-stick adhesive tape on the base, without removing the top protective layer. Sizing the perimeter strip and in the joints throughout the coating and in any order.
- Spread, cutting linoleum, give the canvas a complete rest.
- Allowances cut.
- One fabric glue along the wall.
- Cloth lift to the wall to which it is adhered, then remove the protective layer sequentially with attached tape and glue the linoleum throughout the area.
- With the rest of the paintings do the same.
How to glue linoleum
- Roll the edge of the canvas, carefully coverbase adhesive (mastic). Put a cloth on the floor, then roll back the opposite edge of the linoleum to the place of application of mastic. Promazhte glue the next part of the base. Linoleum is put into place.
- Smooth cloth from the center to the edges, while expelling all the air from under the cloth. To do this, use a roller.
- Spatula smooth the linoleum near walls.
- Attach a metal ruler close to the wall and with the aid of the construction of the knife with hook blade cut the excess. Often change the blade.
- Do not rush to enter the furniture, let dry mastic. About the setting time can be read on the packaging glue.
- If desired, the joints can be treated. On sale is a special transparent adhesive joints for the treatment of linoleum. Sometimes referred to as liquids to seal the seams. However, filling the joints need to glue it on the day after the flooring of linoleum.
As you can see, laying linoleum with his own hands - not an easy exercise, as perhaps it might seem at first glance. To produce high quality flooring, without the knowledge of technologies is indispensable.