Technology grinding concrete floor
Polishing of concrete floors is carried out with the aim ofproducing flawless flat surface and to improve the technical, aesthetic, performance. It can be a separate step in the repair or the preparatory process prior to application of self-leveling floor. Made according to the technological requirements of the construction of concrete floor grinding ensures long-term service, eliminating the need for frequent repairs, provide favorable hygienic conditions.
- Priorities concrete floor
- Objectives and sanding tasks
- And if you do not handle?
- Concrete screed with subsequent polishing
- Power and material
- Standard grinding stages of implementation
Priorities concrete floor
Universal concrete floors arrange inareas with different area. They are used for everything related with basements floors in low-rise construction. The floors are made of concrete - the best option for commercial premises with an active attendance and for areas in which there is intense movement of equipment. Polished durable concrete floor:
- It harmonizes perfectly with almost any interior;
- repairable and requires considerable operating costs;
- different environmental safety criteria;
- resists aggressive chemicals and fat-containing compositions;
- exhibits resistance to permanent loads of dynamic and static character.
Objectives and sanding tasks
From the quality of grinding work depends on the final result of the room decoration.
The essence of the grinding is to remove the top layer of weakened, unable to firmly hold the load, no different to the same decorative appeal. Turning work performed:
- at device, a new concrete floor Removal brittle top layer containing weak finely-dispersed particles of filler to eliminate irregularities hillocks and other surface defects;
- when preparing for polishing or application of flooring that requires perfect geometrical parameters of the basics;
- the implementation of the preparatory work for the self-leveling floor devices to form a roughness that improves traction;
- the formation of favorable conditions for the operation, during which removes spread harmful dusty upper part of the slurry;
- the reduction of the technical characteristics of worn concrete floor, which simply remove the top layer destroyed.
And if you do not handle?
Untreated or refurbished floorConcrete loses its main advantage - strength. Moreover, tensile strength loss is not only due to the chopping regions with defects, but also because of the ability to absorb moisture unpolished concrete. At negative temperatures, water crystallizes and expands, destroying the structural relationships in the material. This fact has a negative impact on the floors arranged in the ground floors of private, commercial and public buildings and outdoor areas.
Concrete screed with subsequent polishing
Set a new concrete floor strength comesduring its primary curing for the first seven days after screed. To set the main strength of concrete is required 28 days. Further increasing the final density, consequently, strength occurs during long-term operation. It is recommended to grind the concrete floor during the second or third week, calculated from the moment screed.
It is important to take into account that grinding does not imply an adjustment of the horizontal direction of the floor. To observe the correct geometric plane direction should be concrete when pouring.
Power and material
Power tie layer for sanding on constructionstandards is 3 cm, but there may be more powerful options. Acceptable presence of protruding bumps and holes, drop the difference between them does not exceed 5 mm.
A reference material of choice for the concrete screed is to assign an object. To cast concrete floor in the garageIn the production area, in the small storage binindoors, as well as for the device pads or tracks on the street using concrete with markings range from M150 to M300. This material is sufficiently reliable to operate and has a priority character for further grinding. If the floor more demanding criteria for the strength to take the tie material is marked more than the M300.
Optimal filling of the concrete screed bygrinding - crushed stone fines metamorphic and igneous rocks. If you plan to post-treatment polishing and important decorative element, the use of fine gravel granite or marble chips will help to create an original surface with stunning effect.
It is best to process materialmarble chips, poorly polished granite and sedimentary gravel. Excessive filling density is not desirable for the production of grinding work, and poor performance characteristics can reduce overall floor. Because in the arrangement of the lower floors do not use slag aggregate.
Standard grinding stages of implementation
The technology of processing and finishing of concrete floorsIt depends on the conditions of the subsequent operation. Stages full of work can be from 3 to 15ti. In the scope of a full processing cycle affect requirements for the appearance, the type of premises and the state of the floor (or floor repair device during the construction period).
Regardless of the number of events have been scheduled standards implemented in most cases is:
- Preparatory work. Purification of the concrete surface, dismantling carpet, epoxy flooring, tiles. Dismantling the worn inlet or cover the top layer of the concrete floor is performed by milling machines. During the preparation of floor surface for further processing is carried out repair work, embedded obkroshivshiesya areas, expansion joints, cracks, potholes. All sludge, dust and debris removed.
- Pouring concrete ties with a preliminaryapplying the composition enhances the adhesion of options, the implementation of which is a necessity when removing a large layer of cement floor in the process of repairs.
- Directly grinding concrete floor,involving several stages, the number of which depends on the set builders objectives and expected results. Each of the stages determines the use of abrasives with different grit, as well as optimizing the result of wear and impregnating material. concrete pavement treatment is conducted to the stage of maximum exposure of grain filling. This floor should achieve strength, excluding separation and crumbling fine-particulate filler and large inclusions. Maximum exposed grain material during removal of 5-7 millimeters.
- Compaction of the concrete floor by means of specialimpregnation and flyuatov, making concrete perfectly resists powerful intense mechanical stress. impregnating solutions are applied as long as the concrete does not absorb them stops.
- Polishing is carried out as the final stage, ifnot assumed laying on the floor polished concrete flooring. It is performed using abrasives finer abrasives versus applied during grinding. The number of polishing stages depends on the performance requirements for decorative floor requirements.
After the machining inabutting the lower floors and wall mounted skirting boards, carried out surface treatment. To make the surface glossy effect applied polyurethane lacquers. The varnish is applied with a roller and brush immediately after grinding on the cleaned surface from dust. In most cases the floor several layers of lacquer.
A clear horizontal or availability biasconcrete floor verified control device, which is a rack-level template. The degree of adhesion to the concrete screed underlay is checked by tapping the entire site. If the tapping was identified area with a lack of grip, the floor will have to shift. According to building codes is not allowed to have stitches in an array of concrete floors, gaps between the skirting and cover the plane.
Compliance with the technological requirementspolishing concrete floors ensure durability, excellent decorative coatings performance, ease of handling and excellent conditions for exploitation. Perfectly polished floor is not pretentious to care, does not require frequent repairs, which confirms the economy is quite cheap, but beautiful floor made of concrete.