Floor on the logs
On how well preparedThe basis for the future floor depends on the length of the service life and rough and finish coating. In the modern construction market, many new technologies have emerged, which are distinguished by huge advantages, which give a lot of opportunities for the embodiment of the most intricate design ideas. But so far an immense popularity is enjoyed by an old, time-tested method, in which floor lags are used. In this article we will consider what logs are, what they are so good at and how to properly lay the wooden floor.
- Everything you need on the joists
- The device lag on floors
- The distance between the floor joists
- A few tips on the correct installation
- Prospective adjustable lag
- Laying on wooden floor joists
- How to put insulation
- Flooring finished floor
- Secrets of the correct folding boards
- How to align the floor in older homes
- Finishing the floor finish
- How to get rid of the squeak
Everything you need on the joists
Logs - a wooden or plastic rods of different shapes and sizes arranged at the finishing coating. The main advantages of using this method:
- increase heat and noise insulation properties;
- more uniform load distribution on the base;
- leveling the surface under the finishing layer;
- education ventilated underground, allowing to place in its space communications network;
- high strength (floors on joists can withstand up to five tons per square meter);
- easy installation;
- the relative cheapness of the project.
Logs can be installed both on the earthen base and on wooden or concrete floors of buildings.
The device lag on floors
If floors are wooden, the more often theybeams do not differ excellent flatness, and for laying the lag directly to them very difficult to achieve a flat surface. In this case, the joists must be secured to the sides of the beams.
The main advantage of this method - no needuse pads to adjust the height of the log. Fixing is performed by means of partial screws, and their length should be longer than the width of the joists at least 2.5 times the diameter of not less than 6 mm.
Tip: to avoid splitting wood to mount recommended lag beam and drill a hole 2.5 mm in diameter is less than the diameter of the screw.
If the beams are located far aparton the other, it is necessary to pave the second syllable lag perpendicular to the first, but at a closer distance. Another way to correct this situation - to use thicker boards for finish coating.
When laying the lag on a concrete slab, be aware that in this situation the entire floor structure will look a little different:
- When the deck floor on the concrete need to take care of waterproofing, otherwise the floor will always syret.
- Next is the thermal and sound insulation layers.
- Then be sure to make a dry or cement screed.
- Only then stacked logs that are spreading and finishing coating.
For the lag should not take the board shorter than two meters. If the selected length is still not enough, the parts are joined together butt ends.
Note: when connecting a lag between the need to ensure that the joints in adjacent rows are offset at least half a meter of each other.
Logs are stacked on the floor screed. If this is not possible, the surface of the base must be at least a waterproofing.
But on the soft insulation flooring lagstrongly not recommended, in which case they will float, which leads to the gradual destruction of finishing. If heat insulation and allows stacking webs of a certain width, on the basis of the logs are arranged so that the insulating material located between them severely.
Council: if you can not locate the joists under the insulation roll width, you should choose a distance between joists to scraps could fill the last cell with minimal waste of material.
Laying the lag on the earthy base
If the floor is located directly on the joistson the ground, you must first remove all the sod, sprinkle on the surface of approximately 50 mm gravel, tamp it thoroughly and pour pyatisantimetrovym layer of lean concrete. Then we proceed with a concrete base, that is, put waterproofing, insulation and screed.
Tip: If the floor on the floor earthy base insulating layer and the screed can be replaced by polystyrene concrete.
Just above we have touched such a thing as"The distance between the beams." I think many people are interested in, how to calculate this value, because in order to achieve optimal distribution of load logs to be installed at the maximum equal to the distance from each other. Typically, the distance between them is in the range of 350-400 cm.
The distance between the floor joists
Assume that the room, which is madeInstallation log floor, has a length of 8.5 meters. The door is in one of the short walls, and the window next to it - in the far wall. Logs will be placed perpendicular to the long side and finishing the board at right angles to the joists. This is to ensure that the topcoat is parallel light rays that enter the room from the window.
Let the width of the bars produced by us underlogs, is 0.09 m. Typically, the first and last lag necessarily spaced from the wall 30 mm. Take the number of log y, then their total width is equal to 0,09 * y. The average distance between the joists is equal to 0.375 m, and such distances is y-1, then the total distance is 0,375 * (y-1) between all the bars. Knowing the recommended distance from the wall, 0.03 * 5 = 0.15 we obtain the equation:
0,15 + 0,375 (y-1) + 0,09y = 8,5,
deciding that define what we need18,96 lag. Since their number should be an integer, rounded to the nearest value. That is for the room we would need 19 lag. Now we find the sum of all distances between joists:
8,5- (19 * 0.09) -0.06 = 6.73,
and as such distances 19-1 = 18, we obtain the exact value of the width between the joists
6.73 / 18 = 0.374 instead of 0.375, as we suggested at first.
A few tips on the correct installation
- The surface on which it is planned floor laying on lags, should be thoroughly cleaned and well-primed.
- All wooden parts should be dry and treat with an antiseptic, such as bitumen.
- Noise can be made of sand or slag, and of fiberboard.
- Install logs should be on a window, with a gap between them and the walls no more than 30-40 mm.
- After laying the surface plane lag checkedRule (long level), located across the beams. If the gaps between the beams and no, the installation was performed correctly. If they are still there, it is possible to level the surface by removing or, on the contrary, podsypaya sand under a log.
Prospective adjustable lag
New technologies were made and such an old technique as floor joists on the device. In today beams have already been made ready threaded holes, adding the reliability of connections.
In addition, these logs can be adjusted by rotating the special bolts, allowing fast and without much effort to change their height. After the adjustment of the extra bolts just cut off.
Laying on wooden floor joists
As experience shows, the tree is almost the ideal material for flooring.
Correctly laid wooden floors have a long useful life, it is beautiful, eco-friendly and does not require complex care. Consider the main benefits of a base:
- simple alignment of the floor surface;
- enhanced thermal insulation properties;
- speed and ease of installation;
- good sound insulation;
- the possibility of an underlying communication structures.
When laying the floor to use coniferous wood, the result will be not only beautiful and durable coating, but also a wonderful wellness microclimate in the house. So,
What is needed for laying a wooden floor on joists
- saw or jigsaw;
- hammer, nail puller;
- drill and screwdriver;
- Wrench 13-14;
- 50h50mm lags;
- board for the floor;
- hardware (bolts anchoring 10mm screws - 35, 50, 75mm, nails - 50 and 70 mm).
Logs are placed on pre-calculateddistance from each other on the soundproofing material. When laying need to apply the level, achieving flatness. By the concrete base joists are attached with anchor bolts, all the way - with dowels.
Hint: calculate the length of the anchor bolt, adding to lag height of 6 cm.
How to put insulation
The gaps formed adjacent joists,fit insulation, such as expanded polystyrene, IZOSPAN or basalt fiber. It is more convenient to use rolled insulation. As the heat insulating layer can be used as expanded clay.
Flooring finished floor
wooden floor joists on the device begin withcorner of the room. The first row of floorboards have tongue to the wall, leaving a small gap between the wall boards and 10 mm, required to compensate for the deformation of wood due to changes in the environment.
The next series of stacked offset againstprevious to approximately two logs. Thick planks fit together achieve tapping a hammer on a piece of wood, attached to the end abuts the board.
When attaching the planks along the walls, allowed the screwsplaced on top, as their heads still mask the plinth, but in all these rows cover should be fixed only for the lower groove wall, driving the cap screws into the boards.
After placing all the board can begin to close the joints with the help of the plinth. In addition, it will protect the walls from contamination.
Secrets of the correct folding boards
- For flooring wood flooring can begin only after complete alignment lag.
- Boards are attached to each lag, without exception.
- The size of the boards should be selected so that the joints were in the middle of a log and placed perpendicular to the long side of the board.
- To board does not crack, hole fasteners necessary to drill advance. To use thin screw drill, and for his hat - thicker.
- Instead of skirting for masking gaps between the walls and the floor can be positioned quirk - special profiled bar.
- Holes must be drilled pipe diameter of 8-10 mm larger than the diameter of the pipe.
Tip: for more reliability before nailing boards together better to pull the building stapled using a stapler.
How to align the floor in older homes
Ground floor in old houses almost neverno different smoothness and flatness. Drops its height can reach 20 cm and adjust such surface very difficult. And the use of concrete ties is not always permissible, since not all the beams in the old housing can withstand a greater load. This is where I can help and use of controlled lag. Let us consider in detail how to install them:
- In the special holes in the joists are screwed bolts For every two meters beam must be at least five holes.
- Spread lags calculated in advance based on the distance between them.
- The ceilings are drilled holes for dowels, nails, always bringing to drill holes for the rack bolts.
- Aligns the level of logs and hammering dowel-nails, cut off the protruding parts-resistant screws.
- We put on the wooden floor joists, ie topcoat.
Finishing the floor finish
But laying on the floor joists - not the endfloor device. Then you need to get rid of the rough edges and altitude changes. It is convenient to use a small scraping or sanding machine. Tsiklevat begin large sandpaper to quickly clean up all the bumps, and then polish the surface with fine sandpaper.
Then proceed to protect the floor, in order to increase its wear resistance and service life. For the floor, there are three main types of coatings:
- parquet lacquer;
- wax sealant.
How to get rid of the squeak
First we need to identify the places where the floorreeling and strong flexes. Now it is necessary to remove the loosened screw nails and screws in their place. According to the old nails, you can easily determine the location of the log under fair ground, these places should be strengthened by additional screws so that the cap is fully seated in the tree. After eliminating creaking shpaklyuyut all these places, and the flooring is completely updated.
We hope that our article will help you decide on the type of flooring and flooring to cope with the wooden floor.