Repair wooden floor with their hands
Wooden floor - durable, warm and clean finish. It occupies an important place in the interior of the house, so its nice appearance you want to keep as long as possible.
However, any wood floor, no matter how perfectnor was its design, having served for several decades, in need of repair - the partial or overhaul. Uneven loads, temperature fluctuations, humidity changes lead to the fact that over time the gap between the boards there, on the floorboards - chipped and cracked, while walking the floor starts unpleasant creaking. Therefore, floor repair in a wooden house or apartment is simply inevitable.
- Overhaul of the wooden floor
- Partial or minor version
- Methods and alignment methods
- Sealing cracks in the floor
- Replacement of damaged boards
- Elimination of scratches in the floor
- Painting a wood floor
Overhaul of the wooden floor
If the boards have rotted, the floor creaks and wobbles, then,of course, he needs a complete overhaul. Consider the basic steps in the process of repair of the wooden floor, when it is intended to replace the flooring:
- dismantling of the floor boards;
- dismantling lag;
- weaning horizontal line;
- lag installation;
- Mount boards;
- installation of plywood or chipboard.
Floor repair begins, naturally, with the removal of the boards and removal lag. Old nails throw out at once as self-tapping screws will be used later. We throw away as rotten wood.
Next, perform a horizontal line on the skipperimeter of the room. To do this, measure the distance from the floor to the line. We note the highest point. Retreat from the floor at this point by a distance equal to the thickness of the joists, set the mark. To measure the distance between the label to the horizontal line. In the corners put the same tag. Putting together a new tag line.
The next stage of repair of the wooden floor - opening boards and lag special tool that protects wood from mold and bark. Give a tree to dry thoroughly.
The following mounting lag. At first nailed to the joists to the wall anchors (along our line around the perimeter). Dimensions dowels - 10h100mm. Where lags a little hang over the base, making backups every two feet. For this purpose, suitable wooden wedges, wedges, slices of an old fiberboard, plywood. Then execute mount lag on the main square, perpendicular to the boards. Let them every 50 cm If not enough wood -. Not buy.
Razlazhivaya joists on the floor, stretch the threadperpendicularly, every two feet. Bottom prop planks, not forgetting to leave a gap between joists and thread (1mm). 10h100mm nailed dowels to the floor in a place where there are stops.
The next stage of repair - fixing boards. To do this, we use wood screws. For board thickness of 35 mm, for example, fit the screws 55-60 cm in length. Given that, most likely, the old boards caved in, it is better to turn face down to get smoother.
Important! Often, at the junction of the floor boards creak as subsidence when they rub against each other. To avoid this, between the boards is necessary to leave a small gap.
The final stage of the overhaul woodenfloor - a fixture chipboard or plywood board. This is because modern coating (linoleum or laminate) are placed on a level surface. Plywood fastened with screws for wood. Repair wood floor over. Further it is possible to lay a new cover.
Partial or minor version
All homeowners are well aware that it is easier not toTo allow the occurrence of defects, than to eliminate them. The floor in the apartments is different. But everyone wants it to be even. How to do it? What does it require: change some boards or disassemble it completely?
Methods and alignment methods
When the floor is slightly uneven, this can be easilyfix, with a minimum of materials and tools. If the wood floor outdated enough, the board must be removed, and otstrugat put, re-adjusting their size on the floor. Such a method is relatively expensive, but a very complicated and long.
Faster results can be obtained usingsanding machine for sanding wooden floor. This method is also quite time-consuming, but also dirty, and before the start of work is required to drown the heads of nails and screws, not to damage the instrument. This method is used for floor leveling, having minor differences.
How can we further align the wooden floor? Modern science has created a technology that allows to apply to the surface plank floor screed special structures. In this way it is achieved a more rapid leveling floors.
In this process, necessary that someconditions. For example, it is important to use materials already tested leading manufacturers. Such mixtures - legkovyravnivayuschiesya, reinforced fiber and quickly harden. The recommended thickness of the mixture layer - not more than 10 mm.
There are several ways toleveling floors. One of them is to fill all the voids between the joists. Excellent material for this - expanded clay. At the top of the stack styrofoam, then drywall or plywood fastened with screws.
Another method - a lining lags piecesroofing, plywood or hardboard. In this case the costs will be minimal, because each owner to find such materials left. This method is inexpensive, but time-consuming and very long, as it will have to raise all the boards in the field of irregularities, to correct the defect.
Sealing cracks in the floor
What are the causes of the cracks in the floor? In fact, a lot of them, but the most common are:
- Desiccation and divergence boards over time;
- Marriage when laying wooden floor;
- A high level of humidity;
- The appearance of rodents in the area
and others. There are several methods to eliminate gaps.
- Sealing putty. You do not have to buy plaster, and make a paste made of paper and white glue. The paste can be added and stain the color of floor. Be sure to remove slots from dust and dirt, so everything was perfectly clean. Slots fill paste (paper + PVA), smooth, aligned at the level of the floor.
- Using thin strips for sealing cracks. This procedure is common among gardeners. To do it, it requires much less time. The slot is filled with a little PVA, then hammered piece of wood in it. Hammer blows should be applied carefully so as not to damage the floor.
- This technique is difficult and complicated, but doable. Perelazhivayut boards one to another so that there are no gaps between them. Of course, it will take more time, as some areas of the floor need to tear completely. But it is used in cases when there are too many gaps in the area.
Replacement of damaged boards
If the boards from which the floor is laid, have straight edges, replacing the damaged piece is not complicated. Such boards are laid joint to joint. Consider replacing boards just this plank floor.
To do this, you must have the following tools and materials:
- nails, hammer;
- wood trim;
The process of repair by replacing floor boards is performed in the following order:
- The first thing you need to make sure that there is no communication for damaged boards.
- It is necessary to determine: the entire length of the board or only the damaged area will be replaced. If you choose the second option, you need to figure out where in the under-floor beams are cut and mark the line so that it fell exactly in the middle of the beam.
- Damaged beam must be lifted using a crowbar. To avoid damage to the surrounding boards, crowbar need to rely on scrap wood.
- The board should be lifted high enough to put under her trim cubes for fixing in this position.
- Damaged boards saw through portion on the marked lines and removed.
- If you need to remove the entire board, and gradually lift the saw off section by section to completely remove the entire board.
- By changing just a small piece of cut replacementdamaged area, using the old as a model. Insert it in place and nailed by drowning them in the board. If the new board thickness will be less, on a girder of wood pieces make up the stand, which compensate for the height.
- Fresh paint portion to match the old boards.
Replacing grooved boards, which are connected to each other lock, process more complex and time-consuming.
Elimination of scratches in the floor
Probably anyone who is familiar with this situation,When sneaking into the darkness through the apartment on tiptoe, so as not to wake the household, and the wooden floor beneath your feet produces an unpleasant and sharp creak. This situation happens, unfortunately, when the aging of the wood is coming. But wood is considered durable and reliable coverage, but, as can be seen, and here there are "their" exclusion. Do not worry, however, about the undesirable creaking, because the problem is solved simply enough.
This defect in most cases can be eliminatedindependently. Most often emit creaking boards, securely attached to the beams or joists. To "Squeaky floors" broke off in the right place to drive nails or wedge. There are three ways around this problem.
Option One: Wedge underneath. If you have access to the bottom of the floor boards (for example, when the floor is the ceiling for the basement), you need to have someone walked on the floor, watching the time in the basement of the board with respect to the movement of the beams. After determining which of the boards is the "culprit" squeak, you need to gently score a wooden wedge into the space between the planks and beams. The board lift is not necessary, that it is not proved above the rest of the floor.
Option two: Screw top. If the access to the floor below there, the board is fixed on top. The creaking boards drilled holes on each of the beams. Boards attached with screws 37 mm length (№8). To boards are securely attached to the beam, the holes are drilled at an angle. Screw heads zashpaklevyvayut and after drying grind.
Option Three: graphite in the gap. Boards may also squeak due to friction with each other. It is necessary to go back and forth across the floor, and to determine exactly the place where the creaks. The gap between the boards is filled talc or graphite, or clog wooden wedges. If all this fails, attach the board with screws with countersunk head.
Carrying out these operations to eliminate the creaking floors will return you to the peace and quiet in the house!
Painting a wood floor
Repair wooden floor in the apartment endsusually upgrade flooring. Most of all - it is painting the wooden floor. But this seemingly simple business has its own characteristics that must be considered.
So, the floor is painted in the following sequence:
- Surface preparation. Gender wash with warm soapy water.
- Scraping off the old loose paint with a spatula.
- Loose boards nailed. Swirls planed, nail heads pierce to a depth of 4 mm.
- Remove inveterate paint, putty, debris from the crevices. The places where the old paint has worn off, primed linseed oil.
- Large gaps can be filled with sawdust putty(1: 1 mixture of oil putty with sifted dry sawdust). Small cracks can be filled with putty mixture (adhesive putty - in dry areas, polumaslyanoy - in damp).
- Fillers applied a wide spatula. Spatula move parallel boards. Perhaps the sheer luting. In this case, if after drying revealed major irregularities otshpaklevyvayut floor again.
- Sanded and cleaned from dust, floor primed linseed oil. Primer dries within 2-3 days. Then proceed to the floor painting.
- Most often, the floors painted with oil paints, which are manufactured especially for floors. Painting begins with the baseboards. To avoid soiling the wall, use a small brush.
- Floors are usually painted twice. The first time the ink may be thicker, for the second time - some thinner. For best results, re-painting is done only after the first coat has dried. To obtain a decorative glossy effect, after drying can cover the floor more and varnish. In the end, when the floor has dried well, washing it with hot water.
Thus, on the floor repair work came to a logical conclusion. Carrying out repairs of the wooden floor with their hands, the family budget can significantly save and spend it for other purposes.
To a wooden floor is not in need of repair as themay be longer, for it is necessary to take care of properly, to protect it from scratches, try to get in the room observed temperature and humidity conditions. Experience shows that it is much easier to prevent damage than to remove them later.