Make a self-leveling floor with their hands
Produce self-leveling floor with their hands on forces andunprofessional builders. Technology is not as complicated as it may seem initially. After all, the material used when the device (for premises is usually polyurethane), elastic, quite easy to install. This seamless finish polymer coating is applied to the cement-sand screed or concrete base, sometimes - on a ceramic tile or wood floor.
- A set of tools and materials
- base preparation technology
- Preparing wooden base
- Prepare concrete subfloor
- Preparation of ceramic tiles
- Priming the base self-leveling floor
- Prepare grout
- Hand made self-leveling floor!
- Handwritten decorative flooring
As already mentioned, suitable for home flood floors of polyurethane. They are safe for health, durable, wear-resistant, also the lightest and elegant, warm, shine and have a variety of colors. Experts recommend doing cover thickness of 1.5 mm. Thinner layer of 1.5 mm - is impractical, such a surface is easily deformed and thicker - uneconomical.
A set of tools and materials
You will need:
- container (bucket) is not less than 20 liters of mixing the solution;
- mixing drill (packed) of not less than 300 rev / min;
- a trowel for leveling solution;
- with an adjustable gap doctor blade, the solution required for stacking;
- Needle roller with 14 mm needle;
- polyethylene film;
- kraskostupy (special shoes);
- solvent to remove the polyurethane solution with tools;
- solutions for filling cracks;
- hygrometer and sclerometer;
base preparation technology
Absolutely any surface, which willserve as a basis for self-leveling floor must be smooth to avoid run-off material. The extent of its flatness, you can check two-meter rack-level (not permitted deviation> 4 mm).
Also, to obtain a smooth surface it is important to maintain a certain humidity and temperature room mode:
- room temperature <15 degrees, but not> 25 degrees (the exact details can be found in the accompanying technical documentation to the dry mixture);
- humidity no more than 80%.
Preparing wooden base
The three main components of a polyurethane overlay coating process - "Self-leveling floors - technology - with their own hands" rather difficult to correctly combine by pouring it on a wooden floor.
It is better to entrust it to a professional or exclude all wooden base. If you are not afraid of difficulties, then follow the instructions below:
1. Make sure that the wood floor - completely dry (humidity> 10%).
2. Remove the plinth. After completion you install new ones.
3. Clean the floor of the old paint, glue, varnish with a scraper, putty knife, wire brush, grinder.
4. Open the crack and strip flooring sandpaper. This will promote better adhesion.
5. Remove the vacuum cleaner dust, degrease the floor (you can use scouring powder).
6. seal the cracks with mortar. And best of all - level the tie.
Important! Too thin layer of floor polymer coating applied to the wooden base, can quickly crack.
Prepare concrete subfloor
This is the most optimal variant of the base under the floor fillers. Sequencing:
1. The concrete foundation must to stand 28 days (if it is new).
2. Check the moisture content of the concrete screed (not> 4%). Tentative calculation technology: take a meter sheet of plastic film and fix the adhesive tape on the base surface and leave for 24 hours. If a day on the inner surface of the film formed of moisture droplets and on concrete - wet spot, then he is not sufficiently dried out. Another more accurate way - to carry out measurements with a carbide hygrometer (hygrometer).
3. Check the compressive strength (not <20 MPa), and the peel strength (g. Of 1.5 MPa). For these purposes sclerometry.
4. Release the former base of the previous coating (of course, if there is one).
5. Remove from the concrete remnants of glue, paint, mastic, oil stains everything.
6. Clean the surface from dust, seal the building resin solution, cracks, chips, dents, and adhesive solution - small gaps and crevices. Minor irregularities remove the mosaic-polishing machines. You can also apply a coherent screed screed.
7. Check the horizontal using a spirit level.
Preparation of ceramic tiles
1. Check tightness tile, remove poorly adhering tiles and zashpaklyuyte the void.
2. Degrease the tiled floor with an organic solvent
Priming the base self-leveling floor
Primer - a second and very important stage of allprocess. The primer is needed to improve the adhesion (adherence) of the inlet floor with its base to prevent the formation of air pockets and to improve spreading floor.
The porous and dry soil surface in somevisits to the complete closure of the pores. If the substrate is highly porous, it is advisable to use high-viscosity primer for him. The room temperature at the base of the primer must be a constant or decreasing, otherwise inevitable formation of bubbles.
The primer is applied with a wide brush or roller. When the first coat is dry, it should be applied next. It is unacceptable that in the primed substrate dust settled, so to fill the floor need to start in about a day.
1. The proportions specified in the manufacturer's instructions, it is necessary to pour water into the tank, and then to fill the dry mixture. 2. Using an electric beater solution was stirred for 10 minutes with short breaks to obtain a uniform mass. 3. Carry out the test for spreadability.
Test for spreadability
1. Take a light plastic ring 4-5 cm in height and 5 cm in diameter. Suitable cap with spray foam shaving with a cut-down.
2. Replace the cover on a flat, smooth surface (better - on the glass).
3. Pour the ready solution to this cover.
4. The lid is lifted, and the solution will be spread on the glass.
5. If the diameter of a solution in rasteksheysya condition is 16-18 cm, then it is optimal consistency. If the parameters are not optimal, the solution may be refilled in the dry mix or to add to the water solution.
Important! Adding too much water in solution can cause separation and cracking, slow-drying and reduce the strength of the floor filler.
Hand made self-leveling floor!
The work starts from the farthest from the entrance wall. It is necessary to fill the floor of one room without any interruption of the operation, otherwise the differences in height are formed.
1. Pour the prepared solution on the floor screed so that the bands are parallel to the wall. To the solution is evenly distributed and the observed thickness, using a spatula. Adjust the layer thickness of the squeegee (3 - 5 mm).
2. The solution is self-leveling floor rolled with a spiked roller to distribute it on the surface even better. Remove any air bubbles that were in solution.
3. Pour the next portion, flatten and rolled her solution. Continue until you flood the entire floor.
4. At the end of the work can be covered by the floor foil or film that prevents the ingress of dust and uneven hardening.
5. Above the self-leveling floor can be applied to a special polyurethane varnish, which will give a special gloss coating, as well as improve its quality.
6. As decorative elements can be used small pieces of thin sheet of polymer applied to the newly flooded floor. Then they and the entire floor should be covered with transparent polyurethane varnish.
Important! The obtained mixture must be applied within 60 minutes, and the time between applying the first and subsequent portions of the prepared solution can be not more than 10 minutes.
Walk on the polyurethane self-leveling floor is allowed in a day, although the full operation it will be useful only after 5 days. heating system "warm floor" can be connected within a week.
- Dry self-leveling floor mixture when mixed with water always give alkaline reaction, so direct contact with the skin will cause burns.
- Lay it must be in special goggles with gloves. In addition, the solution has a pungent smell, thereby to mix and pour it needs a respirator.
- The workplace should be well ventilated.
Handwritten decorative flooring
All decorative self-leveling floors are made on the same principles as normal with the addition of small elements. Species them very much. They are:
1 with quartz sand, when using small diameter chips or quartz sand on the cover creates a beautiful pattern.
2. Invoice. There are rough and smooth, glossy and matte.
3. Floors "chips." Special Effect decoration is obtained by applying the colored particles ( "chips"), consisting of a variety of pieces of acrylic paint. They are able to give the floor depth of similarity with natural granite or marble.
4. The original designs, which are created out of colored mixtures.
5. Flooded floors with a photo and an artistic image is also quite common.
If we approach the implementation of all the technologies correctly, the self-leveling floor can be done qualitatively and itself. It is important to comply strictly with the laying technology and operating conditions of self-leveling floor.