Laying tiles on a wooden floor
Practicality and functionality of a floor coveredceramic tile, no doubt is at the highest level. His best hand flooring tile display in the kitchen, in the bathroom and in many other areas. The tile as a floor covering is most often placed in homes where the concrete slabs used for floors, while quite oblivious to the fact that the laying of tiles on a wooden floor is very real.
- Preparing for tiling
- Tools and materials you need?
- What training is required
- Aligns the concrete screed
- The method of dry leveling
- Puts topcoat
- Floor Layout - the basis of aesthetics
- A clear sequence of work
- At the end of grouting
The reason for not laying tiles onwooden floor was the requirement to sub-floor under the tile. The fact that tile need tough, fixed base, or packed under her bonding solution is cracked and destroyed, and with it the tiles. Therefore, those who dare to make such a floor, had to pour a thick layer of concrete screed, but it is very time-consuming and costly for the materials business. Everything else, such a design significantly increased the weight of the floor, which has a negative effect on the structure itself. Recent developments in the construction done laying tiles on a wooden floor accessible to anyone who wants to update your wood floor, without resorting to time-consuming and voluminous works.
Preparing for tiling
Tools and materials you need?
The first step is to determine thetiles for the future of the floor. To date, the choice is huge and the design is limited only by imagination and budget. When choosing tiles, you must be careful not to mix up the tiles for the floor tiles for the walls. The fact that in appearance, they are very similar, but different strength and surface slabs. Floor tile has a higher strength than the wall, and its surface is created with anti-slide effect. Along with the tile adhesive and choose for her. Brand adhesive will depend on the type and size of the tile, its moisture-absorbing capacity, operating conditions and the grounds on which the tiles will be laid. Along the way, pick up the grout for joints.
Important! It is necessary to choose the grout of the same company as the glue. When choosing colors should take into account lighting grout after it dries.
As for the instrument, in order to put the tiles on the wood floor will need:
- ordinary trowel and a float with teeth for adhesive application;
- rubber spatula and sponge for rubbing the joints;
- Tile glass cutter or, in extreme cases, can be used grinders;
- containers for kneading of mortar and grout;
- tape measure, square, a cord, a laser level;
- hammer with a rubber nozzle;
- drill or screwdriver;
- The mixing nozzle on the drill.
What training is required
According to the tiles technology on a wooden floorIt can be laid only a qualitatively prepared basis. To do this, you first need to conduct a thorough audit of the wooden floor, which is usually composed of several layers of flooring, substrate, sub-floor and lag. If the floor is old, then each of the layers can have these or other damage and defects that do not allow to make a lasting flooring tiles.
In order to eliminate defects and to establish a firm foundation will have to perform the following works:
- Completely remove the floor covering and the substrate. If the subfloor and the joists when walking over them do not creak and fail, then leave them as a base.
- If the joists and subfloor in need of repair, thencompletely remove the blank board. Rotten and damaged joists replaced. Under sagging joists should be laid with a new substrate and set horizontally on a level.
- Joists and subfloor protect against rot, fungi and molds, processing of special protective impregnation, and give dry.
- After drying, the space between the joists at the top fall asleep expanded clay.
- Subfloor boards laid, leaving a gap between 5-10 mm. Boards fastened with screws.
- On rough floor laid with asphalt and laid on top of new substrate.
It remains to create a solid substrate under tiles. Make it possible to traditional concrete screed, and it is possible on the basis of dry screed.
Aligns the concrete screed
Concrete screed is heavy enough, and not everywhere it is possible to arrange. But if you want to, and the conditions allow to do it, you must do the following:
- Subfloor securely gidroizoliruem.
- On top of laid with metal mesh and is attached to the sub-floor with screws.
- Using the laser level set on the walls of lighthouses. The height of the sub-floor to the lighthouse should be 3 cm.
- Fill the concrete floor and give it to dry completely.
The method of dry leveling
This kind of ties more preferred for wood flooring due to less load on the floor structure. It is done in the following way:
- Over subfloors waterproofing laidSheets gypsum fiber board (gypsum sheet) GKLVU (moisture resistant gypsum board), DSPs (cement-bonded plate), water-resistant plywood. Sami sheets stacked in one or two layers.
- Fix the sheet with screws in increments of 15-20 cm.
Important! Sheets should be laid so that the joints of the sheets fell into the middle of the board subfloor.
- Seams between sheets sizing special glue for gypsum boards.
- Surface is treated with primer deep penetration, giving dry, and paste the masking grid. Then again we treat primer.
Important! The floor must be smooth, so check at all stages of its horizon by using the level. If the tiling on the wooden floor is produced in areas with high humidity, it is necessary to make high-quality waterproofing. To do this, the joints are glued strips of the polymer membrane waterproofing, width 30 cm. At the junction of the wall-floor do overlap of 5 cm to the wall.
No matter what will be the base,concrete screed or gypsum sheets, you must comply with a certain sequence of operations. It is quite easier tile laying. To put the tiles on the wooden floor, the following steps must be performed: floor layout, tiling and grouting.
Floor Layout - the basis of aesthetics
The marking is based on the center lines of the room. To mark a conventional method of laying transverse and longitudinal lines. Lateral line connects the center of the long walls of the room, and connects the longitudinal middle of the short walls. The diagonal layout lines connect the corners of the room. They are used when the tile is laid diagonally.
The lines are applied to the base by means ofa cord. Using line deposited, spread across the area of the tile, starting from the center of the room. First, we expand towards the corner near the door. Next we move on to the next corner so that the complete layout at the door. All that is necessary to see the whole floor covering. This is done primarily to discard tiles with jagged edges or other defects. Secondly, if the room there is a fireplace, staircase, bathroom or any other central facilities, they should be distinguished. To do this you need to put them around a full-size tile or tiles of a different color. Thirdly, you need to select and prepare the right amount of tile trim.
To perform trimming with the fewestmarriage, the tiles should be soaked for 45 minutes in water. Samu trimming is necessary to perform a roller glass cutter or a special mechanical Tile. If neither one nor the other, you can use the grinder. Pruning can be done at any stage of the marking at the time of laying tile. This is the one decides on their own.
A clear sequence of work
- First of all prepare a glutinous solution. To do this, fill in the capacity indicated on the packaging with adhesive certain amount of water and add very glutinous mixture. At first hand, and then drill with a mixing nozzle carefully knead the mixture until the consistency of sour cream. Leave for 10 minutes and then stir again.
- Now you are ready to spray glue onsurface using a notched trowel. To impose this adhesive mixture to the base, using a spatula. Then spread with a smooth edge trowel. Finally, for even distribution of the mixture across surfaces act serrated edge at an angle of 45 degrees.
Important! The thickness of the adhesive layer should be 2-3 mm higher than the height of the trowel teeth. Root tiles laid on the floor of the room can be the center or angle, using as reference axial line. The main thing is to finish near the door.
- The area of application of the adhesive should not exceed 1 m2, otherwise it will be very difficult and uncomfortable to lay tile.
- On the base covered with glue laid tile. Firmly pressed her hands to the floor. large tiles with a rubber hammer rattles from the center to the corners.
Important! The tiles can be laid suture and seamless manner. To create uniform joints between the tiles should be laid with special delimiters in the form of crosses. Mezhshovnye crosses remove after partial hardening of the glue on the floor position recently plot. at laying ceramic tiles Glue is applied to the floor surface and the surface of the tiles.
- After laying the tiles at least three checkthe level of their plane. If there is misalignment, remove it with a rubber hammer, tapping it on the edge of the overvalued. Excess amount of glue was removed with a spatula.
- Having laid the tiles in such a way over the whole area, give the glue to dry. Then proceed to the final step.
At the end of grouting
Important! Seams can overwrite only after the glue has dried. Otherwise, you can break the tiled floor, sliding tiles while walking on them. Before the grout fill adhesive solution space, where there were crosses, and is preparing grout, we give it to dry.
- Grout prepared as well as the tile adhesive. The only difference in the quantity and consistency, it should be like a paste.
- Using a rubber spatula fill mezhshovnoe space. Surplus remove the same spatula and re-plastered the seam.
- As soon as the last seam smeared, giving groutabout 30 minutes by partial polymerization and proceed to wash the floor. To do this with a sponge soaked in warm water, remove the remains of grout and glue solution. With sink should not be delayed, because after the grout has dried very badly removed from the tile surface.
Finally, an hour later wash the floor again andWe give it to dry completely. After a week and a half Floor tiles laid on a wooden floor, it will be able to withstand heavy loads. Correctly and accurately performed works tiling enable this coating will last for decades.