Laying laminate on wooden floor
Such a method of laying a laminate onWooden floor is usually resorted to when the existing floor is not pleasing to the eye with its appearance, but is still suitable. Laminate in this case performs an aesthetic function, giving the old wooden floor a fresh look. There are certain stacking technology, as well as lots of nuances that should be taken into account in their implementation.
- About laminate: design, features
- Preparing for the future work
- Purchase of material for laying
- We need a flat base
- Specificity laying on a wooden base
- Tips, independent of the method
- Laying paintings with lock type Click
- Laying of the adhesive laminate.
About laminate: design, features
Laminate has the appearance of fine 7-11 mmsheets (panels) (100-140 cm in length, about 20 cm in width), the edges of which there are special pins and grooves for joining (connection) with each other. With this design it is to collect the flooring is very easy to deal with that even a novice Samodelkin.
Comprising a laminate of 4 layers:
- topmost - A protective layer isSpecial high-strength film of an acrylic melamine resin or, in other words - the laminated film, on which the name has been called the entire article. The top layer protects the decorative part of the laminate from all external influences and abrasion.
- second layer - Decorative, performing processing functions. It is a layer of paper on which drawings are plotted wood, stone, tile.
- third layer It is a carrier - a "body" of the laminate board. It is made of MDF or HDF (it is compressed cellulose mass, is very reminiscent of getinaks - impregnated with a special compound thick cardboard, used in radio). This is the most rigid part of the cover, just cut in it slots and tenons, intended for stapling together. The same component is sound and heat insulator. The quality of the support layer largely depends on humidity laminated board. If it should be treated as a water-resistant and has a high impregnation density of the deleterious effects of water and other fluids is minimized.
- bottom layer is stabilizing, protects the board from deformation serves to increase rigidity. Sometimes it stick sound insulation substrate, intended for additional noise insulation.
To complete the picture we present the advantages and disadvantages of laminate:
- Laminated panels - is one of the cheapest flooring.
- Sex is easy to lay, even without special skills.
- Panel connecting allowed laid again (but not more than 3 times) with tenons and slots (without adhesive).
- Resistant to scratches, stains, shock, chemical means;
- It can simulate any, even the best types of wood, variety of patterns and colors.
- The coating material is not natural, some of its species are able to cause allergies. Non-allergenic, only those for which there is a special certificate.
- When burning can release toxins.
- Laminated board "noisy", clearly audible echoes of steps that can be eliminated only in part by means of soundproofing mats laid under the panels.
- This floor is almost impossible restoration.
- Low humidity.
Preparing for the future work
Purchase of material for laying
First of all, of course, you need to buy yourselflaminated panels. Before going to the store make measurements of floor space. Laminate sold in package integrity and indicate their area, which may cover the amount of material which is present in them. There is one caveat: you need to buy laminate flooring with a margin. And it depends on the number of panels to be purchased additionally, will be the method of installation. If you plan to have the right board (staggered), the gain must necessarily be not less than 5-8% of the total number, if you lay the boards on the diagonal, the reserve will amount to 10-14%. The reason is that the laminate is placed "in extensibility": one row are displaced relative to the other board to the "half-length". And again, the board is not sold individually, even if you need more just 2 plates, have to buy a whole pack.
When purchasing a note laminate classification:
- 21 - pet rooms, where the intensity of walking the lowest (closets, bedrooms, etc.). It serves as a laminate of not more than 2 years.
- 22 - pet rooms, where the intensity of the average circulation (eg, children). Used - up to 4 years.
- 23 - pet rooms, where the highest intensity of walking (hall, kitchen). Used - up to 6 years.
It is worth noting that virtually no classes 21-23 are applied, with the exception of foreign options.
- 31 - for commercial halls (premises) with the lowest intensity of walking (meeting room, pantry). If you use it at home, and can last 10 and 12 years.
- 32 - for commercial halls (premises), where the intensity of moderate walking (offices). The home can lie up to 15 years.
- 33 - for commercial halls (premises), where the intensity of the highest circulation (trading halls of shops). Service life at home premises - up to 20 years.
We need a flat base
The wooden floor under the laminate must necessarilyprepared. Panels should be stacked on a completely flat surface. Because laminate is not carrying the coating, all his plane he had on something to lie, it is desirable at some damping (softening fluctuations) substrate, if the material is very hard. For this purpose, good penoplex (thin polyethylene foam) or a special cork underlay. They will sound insulator and additional heaters. For wooden floors are commonly used sheets of particle board (chipboard), consisting of sawdust, shavings. They are made by hot opressovyvaniya sheets. In their application may not be necessary damping substrate, because the sheets are much less solid than laminate (their composition is 45% specific binding agent), can not be afraid to wear panels.
Chipboard sheets - a great option, they give just 2 advantages:
- They are good insulators;
- floors give an extra rigidity hide irregularities.
When laying chipboard sheets should be guided by the following rules:
- Lay the sheets of particle board is necessary so that there isminimizing waste. Thus, the first sheet is laid along the length of the room (it is possible for the width of the sheet is the entire responsibility, or if it will be cut by no more than 20 cm). When laying the first sheet, make sure that its ends tightly against the walls of the room.
- The sheets are fixed with special screwscountersunk head or nails. If you choose to mount screws, the front of it on the surface of each sheet must be applied markings. It is for her to be drilled holes, and only then through them screwing screws into the wooden floor boards. Make sure that each screw is guaranteed to "Utopia" does not seem to fit the material surrounding it.
- When complete attach the first sheet, measuredthe distance from the end of the sheet to the wall. According to the obtained size is cut a second sheet of particle board (of course, if it is necessary). The cut piece is placed on the floor, it is pressed tightly butt end attached to the sheet and then fastened to the floor.
Important! Before laying chipboard sheets, make sure that the wooden floor is clean and dry.
Specificity laying on a wooden base
Each laminate plate has ridges (spikes) with2 side faces and the grooves and on the opposite 2. These grooves and ridges can be completely different designs. From the most simple, such as in the lining (tongue and groove), to fairly complex, emerging in the "lock" (usually type Click).
If you purchased a panel with a simple system,necessarily require also a special adhesive that is applied to the groove. Clay is necessary to buy a special designed for bonding laminate panels together. The system with the lock does not require the use of glue, laminate and mounted much easier and faster.
Tips, independent of the method
- To make stacking the coversperpendicular to the window, so that the direction of the light coincides with the direction of the laminate fabrics. The reason is simple: if the cloth lay in a different direction, the joints between them are much more visible, and this has a negative impact on the appearance of a new floor. Often practiced slash stacking panels to create quite an unusual decorative effect, but this kind of styling is rather complicated, the effort is not always justified.
- Stack laminate begin with width measurementroom. Simultaneously determine the width of the web in the last row, bearing in mind that each of the premises is necessary to leave a gap of at least 10 mm. If the length and width of the room up more than 10 m, the gap size is determined on the basis of 1.5 mm per 1 m. The gap is in order to allow the laminate to expand, which he does by moisture and heat. If the gap is not left, the fabric can stand "on end." Sometimes, as a result of calculations may be that the width of the end panels in the series would be less than 5 cm. Then it is necessary to saw panels, the width of the first and last panels, placed at the ends of the room, were the same.
- Begin laying the better the long side panelsthe left front corner of the room, and the direction of light. Furthermore, the wall mounted special wedges to form a nip. They can be removed after use.
Laying paintings with lock type Click
- The first panel is placed in the left front corner. She is joined by the following panel end - it is necessary to insert the groove of one panel (under 30 degrees angle.) Into the groove of the other, and then lower them to the floor, making the snap locks. Laying the entire series until the end of the wall continues in the same way.
- Before laying the second row should bethink about how to produce a displacement of the end joints of paintings 30-40 cm from the previous row. This will distribute the load on the canvas more evenly. To get a checkerboard pattern, you need to cut in half 1 of the panels and start with it a number 2. You can do otherwise: if the number of stacking 1 at the end of the panel clipped to obtain the desired length, then at the beginning of a number 2 is possible to apply the remainder of the last series of paintings 1.
When laying two rows can select one of 2 ways:
- connecting the ends of the panel, then stykovyvat fabric 1 next, while raising a number 2 under the arc. 30 oz., And then lowering into place, snapping the locks.
- joining the long side of webs, and the ends fastened, inciting them with a hammer.
Laying laminate adhesive
This is a fairly time-consuming process. In addition, keep in mind that the floor can be glued to start to operate no earlier than 11-12 hours. At the end of the installation. Remove and then re-lay a floor can not.
Glue is applied to the ends of the panels thatinterconnected as a tongue and groove. The rest of the technology is similar to that used for glueless laminate. In the process, make sure that on the surface of the panel did not act glue. It must be immediately removed with a sponge or cloth. After laying the first 3 rows have to wait 2-3 hours to glue grabbed.
When the laminate is laid, it is necessary to attach the plinth (and precisely at the wall instead of the floor). Skirting perfectly conceals all the small gaps left by the wall.
Thus, with their own hands, without resorting to the help of professionals, you can put laminated plate in a house or apartment, giving the wooden floor a fresh look.