How to put a tile on the floor
Ceramic tile has a strong positionAmong the variety of floor coverings. She laid on the floor in the bathroom, kitchen, bathroom, sauna, hall or on the porch. Tile, tough, durable and resistant to external influences. Laying tiles on the floor - it is responsible and troublesome, requires considerable skill and patience. Despite the technical difficulties, thanks to the variety of forms tiles, textures, colors floor can be turned into a miracle of design ideas.
- How to align the floor under the tile
- How to lay tiles on the floor
- The choice of tiles and adhesives
- Floor Marking before assembly
- tiling technology to the floor
- Grouting between tiles
- How dry tiles on the floor
How to align the floor under the tile
One of the most important tasks before layingtile is a surface preparation. The quality of this work will depend on how exactly will put a tile, and how strongly it will be held.
Laying ceramic tiles on the floor requires almost perfectly flat surface.
concrete foundation you must align the tie. To do this, first clear the surface of the old flooring, dust and debris. If the base material has defects as sagging or cracks of a cement mixture, to get rid of them. Sagging remove sanding machine. The cracks expand, remove crumbled concrete and repair mortar close up.
In the case of tiling in areas with increasedhumidity levels need to seal the base. To do this, first gruntuem concrete base, then apply waterproofing material. You can use bitumen mastic. After drying fill leveling screed. This may be a traditional cement - sand mortar or self-leveling mixture. When the screed is dry, we put another layer of primer for better adhesion of the glue for the tiles to the base.
Wooden base can be aligned under the tile is dry method,and traditional screed based mortars. First the wooden floor should be checked for strength. Do not leave loose boards, be sure to replace them with new ones. If the floor is more - less normal state, then tsiklyuem him close up all gaps and cracks putty based on PVA. After drying putty gidroizoliruem surface. Now you can pour cement - sand screed or lay sheets of waterproof plywood with a minimum thickness of 12 mm for floor leveling.
Before you put the tiles on the floor, the base needs to be done dry, clean, smooth and flat as possible. Once we achieved these indicators begin the installation.
How to lay tiles on the floor
The choice of tiles and adhesives
Choosing and buying a tile is made taking into account the working conditions and places where its going to be laid.
Floor tiles in the bathroom It should have a low water absorption figures. In order not to slip on the wet floor, it is advisable not to buy a smooth tile, and slightly rough or embossed surface.
In the kitchen should choose a ceramic tile with highresistance to the effects of detergents. In the process of cooking on the floor will often drip fat and oil, have often wash alkaline means. Moreover, the kitchen floor is subject to frequent mechanical stress, so the tile must have durability not lower than third class.
For the floor in the hallway tile durability class is also very important. It must be higher than the third. In addition to this, it is necessary to choose the color is not too soiled, because on it will often go in dirty shoes.
For the arrangement of outdoor terraces, verandas, porch, stairs and other objects in the open air suitable tiles of granite, whichnatural granite resembles its appearance and performance. The extent of its durability - the fifth grade. So you can not worry about whether it will withstand heavy mechanical loads.
Before buying tiles necessarilyWe measure the area that we want to cover with it. It is also right to consider variant layout and drawing. Having defined the choice of tiles, acquire with a margin of at least 15% and preferably more. This is necessary for secure, if in the process of laying tile will crack. After a week of the tiles may no longer be on sale: end, or will the new party, which shade is slightly different from the old. So it is better to ensure the availability of spare material.
Immediately acquire all decorative elements: borders, tiles, pattern, framing elements and more.
Brand adhesive depends on the brand of ceramictiles. The general rule of only one thing: if laid in a room with high humidity levels, the gain adhesive for wet rooms, as if laid in the open air, - glue for exterior use.
Floor Marking before assembly
Before laying tiles on the floor, make sure the floor layout.
The most optimal option is to draw a diagramlayout on a sheet of paper or use a special computer program to see the final result. So it will be clear what you need to cut the tiles, a number of tiles in a row, as the picture looks, and more.
- To transfer the marks on the surface of the floor, we remove all the baseboards, trims and door jambs.
- Measure the length of walls and outline the middle of each.
- Then take a cord, rub it with chalk, stretch the between marks on opposite walls and release. The floor should get a center line connecting wall.
- With the marker string envisage longitudinal and transverse centerlines.
Important! If you plan to laying tile on the floor on the diagonal, then it is necessary to identify more and diagonal lines. Connecting Cord opposite corners of the room and planned line. The point of intersection of axial and diagonal lines should get one, it means that we did everything right.
Focusing on the planned lines, decompose tile "Dry" to visually see the locationdrawing. At this point, you can adjust the initial version of the installation: cut the tiles to hide under the furniture, urban decor elements surround the whole tiles. If satisfied with the results, remove the tiles and proceed to its installation.
tiling technology to the floor
- First prepare the adhesive mixture according toinstructions on the packaging. To do this, go to sleep dry components in the water and knead with a drill with mixing attachment. Solution just not much to do, as he quickly begins to "fasten."
- Getting laid is always with a whole tile. It is better to start with a corner that is easily visible, and move toward the door.
- Apply glue to the area where we laid the tiles. Using the trowel, flatten the solution.
Important! Do not just cover a large area of adhesive. It is enough to put on the site, where it will be placed one tile. When laying a skilled master, then it is possible to cover the glue immediately 1 m2.
- Put the tiles on the adhesive. Aligns it, rap rubber mallet, since the mid-tiles and moving to the edges. Check horizontal placement and adjust the level by pressing the right places.
- Remove excess glue around the edges with a spatula and causes a new glue for the next batch of tiles.
- We put a second tile. Again, we align, rap, check the levelness. In addition, be sure to monitor the location of the tiles on the same level. If a second tile above the first, rap and press down until the excess glue does not come out at the edges. If a second tile below the first, remove it and add a little glue.
- Between the tiles inserted into special plastic spacer crosses.
- We put all the tiles on the algorithm: caused glue, put a tile, giving a hand, we checked the level, finished off a rubber mallet, remove the excess glue from the front side of the tile, set the dividing crosses removed the excess glue around the edges with a spatula.
- Clipped tiles laid in the last turn. If need be, cut them again, already taking into account the exact size of the plot.
- After a day we take out the dividing crosses, when the adhesive has already been partially polymerized.
- Only after the complete drying of the adhesive can begin to grouting.
Grouting between tiles
Cooking composition for grouting, knead it until a thick paste.
With a rubber spatula fill joints between tiles trowelling compounds. Then we collect the excess composition, using the same spatula. Repeat the procedure.
Wait for grouting composition is partially polymerized, it will take about half an hour.
Important! With pre-wash the tiles should not be delayed. Since later dried grout does not get removed from the surface without damaging the front side of the tile.
A coarse sponge moistened with warm water and remove it from the surface of the tile remnants of mortar and grout composition.
An hour after that clear the tiles rigid sponge and dry flannel cloth.
How dry tiles on the floor
Drying time tiles varies from 24 hours to 7 days, depending on the characteristics of the adhesive and laying circumstances.
The most optimal temperature for laying of tile+ 20 ° C and 60% humidity. Under these conditions, the adhesive dries within 24 hours. However, even in such ideal conditions better to start grouting is not earlier than after 36 hours.
If during tiling temperaturebase was +5 ° C and below, and the adhesive may harden more than 7 days. To expedite this process, need to be equipped with an additional heating base. Because as long as tile adhesive is dry, grouting can not start.
In conditions of high humidity and glueIt dries for a long time. This should be considered. For example, even if the installation took place in the summer heat on an open sunny site, but after 4 hours the rain, tile was flooded with water, glue drying time will be prolonged.
After complete drying of the tile adhesives and grout for floor joints can be used. Prior to this introduction and heavy furniture set is not necessary.
Laying ceramic tiles on the floor, from surface preparation and finishing grouting, it will take at least one and a half months. But the result will make you happy for many years.