How to lay a laminate substrate
Laminate flooring - this is a tough and relativelya thin coating. Therefore, when laying between the screed and the need to lay laminate substrate consisting of several layers. The construction can be found stores substrate made of various materials. Laying the substrate under a laminate is a fairly simple procedure, but in this case it is necessary to observe certain rules.
- Why do we need a substrate
- Market selection, choice
- Laying laminate substrate under
Why do we need a substrate
Using a substrate when laying laminate allows to solve several problems at once. The main advantages offered substrate laminated cover for use as follows:
- Sound insulation and sound insulation. Substrate muffles noise from neighboring rooms and the sound of footsteps.
- Thermal insulation. Such floor, unlike substrates without coating, in winter allows comfortably positioned thereon even small children. Of course, this is not a system of underfloor heating, but between the laminate that is laid on the bare concrete, and laminated to the substrate surface is a huge difference.
- The absence of creaking when walking, which in anyevent occurs when the material is placed on the bare floor without a substrate. And if you fall under the laminate small litter, debris and sand, the walk will be very uncomfortable on such a floor.
- The increase in the useful life of the laminate. Waterproof membrane embedded in the substrate, makes the coating more reliable and resistant to liquid residues.
- Smoothing the surface differences. The substrate for laminate flooring provides the best possible evenness of the floor surface.
Market selection, choice
Available substrates for laminates of various kinds. One of the most common are polyethylene foam substrate.
This material is resistant to solvents and oils,not afraid of water, mold and bacteria, is compatible with all building materials. Among these are three types of substrates: a substrate of a gas-filled polyethylene, chemically and physically crosslinked polyethylene.
The substrates may be made of cork, andcomposite materials. Such a coating is produced in the form of rolls or sheets raskroennyh. The material is very resistant to rot, mold and various parasites. Among these substrates are allocated rubber-cork products and bitumen-cork floors. Produce a composite material with three layers which comprise a plastic film and expanded polystyrene beads.
Substrates made of extruded polystyrene foamIt has high strength and low water absorption and are therefore suitable for use in areas such as corridors, hallways and kitchens. Noise substrate made of glass fiber coated with bitumen.
Laying laminate substrate under
And now to consider how to layunder the laminate substrate. The floor, which will be stacked substrate must be clean, dry and smooth. To do this is to thoroughly clean the surface from dust, first floor is moistened with water, and then clean up the garbage. Next, the floor should be primed and podshlifovat, eliminating hollows and small cracks.
Make sure the surface is smooth enough,smooth, clean and dry, you can start laying the substrate. Pay attention to is its thickness. The material should be selected in the 2-3 millimeter thick. But several layers of the substrate is not recommended.
Base layers under laminated flooring, usuallypackaged in rolls. Stela cover strips should be in the direction in which the laminate will be laid. The strips should be overlapped with a clearance of at least 20 centimeters and fastened together, for example, via kleykolenty. Fixing to the walls of the substrate or to the floor is not permitted.
If the substrate has the form of a laminate of plates, theirshould be laid so that the surface of the aluminum foil (smooth side) facing up. Plates do not need to be attached to the walls and floor, and apply them to each other. They are stacked end to end, the joints are held together by duct tape.
Now you know what the substrate underLaminate and why this material should necessarily be placed under the laminate floor. Following the simple instructions for laying the substrate, it will be possible to create a reliable and durable base under the laminate, which will increase the service life of the floor in your home.