How to insulate the floor in a private house
One of the most important components of comfortableHousing is a floor heating. This is especially true for families with young children. Ideally, take care of the floor insulation should be at the construction stage. If you have purchased a house in the secondary market or made mistakes during its construction, it is necessary to insulate the finished floor. In this article you will learn how to properly insulate the floor of a new home builders and how to fix the error.
- Terms of insulating floors
- floor insulation in old house
- Choosing insulating material
- Warming of the wooden floor
- Thermal insulation of the concrete base
- Method insulation floating floor
- floor heating device
- How to insulate the floor cottage
Terms of insulating floors
If you are self-erectionnew home, pay particular attention to the proper formation of rough and finish the floor. Do not try to save - to no good it will not. Most likely, in a few years you will have to correct their own mistakes. This is not only extra cost, but also considerable inconvenience.
If a house is no basement, insulate it simply.
- In the case where the water table is at a depth of less than 2 m, it is necessary to start with a waterproofing.
- Then, set the subfloor.
- The next step is laying insulation material. This can be a mineral wool, expanded clay or polystyrene foam.
Important! When insulation mineral wool floor should be laid underneath a layer of waterproofing material. Mineral wool absorbs moisture easily, and under its influence rapidly destroyed.
- Mount finishing planed floor boards, chipboard or OSB-plates.
floor insulation in old house
Of course, it is possible and in an old house completelydisassemble the floor and build it from scratch, but most often it is impractical. Such a radical solution to the problem you need only when low ceilings in the house and raise the floor level is not highly desirable.
Choosing insulating material
In order to decide what to insulate the floor privatelyhome, you must consider all the offers today's market of construction materials. The most common insulating materials for floors include polystyrene, mineral wool and expanded clay. Let's look at the pros and cons of each of these heaters.
Expanded clay - an inexpensive and environmentally friendly material. Its undeniable advantages include durability and moisture resistance. However, the insulating ability of expanded clay is much lower than that of polystyrene foam or mineral wool.
Polystyrene - expanded polymeric material onConsisting of 90% of air bubbles. Its thermal conductivity is much lower than that of the expanded clay and moisture resistance is almost the same. The only significant disadvantage of polystyrene is its low environmental friendliness. Often in the course of operation the foam releases very harmful to the health of phenolic compounds. A strong heating the material melts and emits toxic fumes.
Mineral wool - one of the most popularinsulation materials. Depending on the feedstock distinguish glass and rock wool. In everyday life, and use the one and the other. Thermal insulation properties of this material are high. In addition, mineral wool is absolutely harmless to humans. The only drawback is a significant increase in thermal conductivity when wet. That is why at warming the floor with mineral wool must use waterproofing.
Warming of the wooden floor
Before as warm floor in a wooden house necessary to ensure its durability. To do this, remove a few boards and check the log. If they are not damaged by decay or parasites, set the board in place, and proceed to the floor insulation.
- First you need to ensure waterproofing insulation. To do this, the entire surface of the floor was covered with glassine paper or roofing material.
- Right on the old floor set timber thickness 50-60mm and we fix it.
- Then lay the insulation material in the space between the lags.
- At the bar fills finishing floor edging board or USB-board.
Thermal insulation of the concrete base
If the house is filled with a concrete floor, insulate it sojust like wood. You can do this using the same technology, with some additions. If you plan on laying of wooden floor finish, we must act on such a scheme.
- First concrete floor should be thoroughly cleaned with a vacuum cleaner or broom.
- Then fit the waterproofing.
- Then put the wooden joists, the space between them is filled with insulation.
Important! When the floor is insulated in the corridor, the lag should be perpendicular to the movement.
- Mount the finishing floor.
Method insulation floating floor
A characteristic feature of this floor islayered structure in which the last layer is a cement-sand screed. This layer is not attached to either the walls or to the base, which causes the title of such insulation method.
- On old concrete floor laid waterproofing material, then heater, on top of a layer of waterproofing again.
- Next poured screed, the thickness of which must not be less than 60mm.
Under pouring concrete is best to useextruded polystyrene. Despite the apparent fragility of this material can withstand pressure up to 30t per 1m2. And thanks to the impermeability of cement mortar overcome the main drawback penoplasta- possibility of separating volatile chemical compounds.
floor heating device
The growing popularity of technologyfloor electric heating. And rightly so. The undeniable advantages of the system "warm floor" can be attributed uniform heating of the room, and the shortcomings - the accounts for the consumed electricity.
If you do decide to take thistechnology in their home, not necessarily to hire professionals for the installation - it is possible to cope on their own. Let's look at a phased plan for the installation of electric heating floor system.
- The first step is to clear and straighten the subfloor.
- Then put a layer of waterproofing. If you are sure that your old floor is not "pulls" the moisture, waterproofing can be neglected.
- The next layer to be heat-insulatingmaterial. The apartments are most often used folgaizol. The apartment building is located under the floor slab is another apartment, and thus heat loss is much less. For private homes is necessary to ensure a greater degree of thermal insulation. For this, as a rule, use extruded polystyrene.
- On warmer snake laid cable. It is also possible to use a heating system consisting of special mats. It is much easier to install, but much more expensive.
- When the system is connected, can only pour concrete screed floor, about 50mm thick.
Operate the system only after the final drying of concrete, that is not earlier than 3-4 weeks. Increasing the heating temperature should be gradual.
heating system control is done throughelectronic relay with thermostat. Most of the models of these devices has the possibility of programming, which saves home owners on the need for continued intervention in the operation of the system and of extra energy costs.
In addition there is an electric floor heatingalso the possibility of mounting water "warm floor". When the heating is carried through pipes with the coolant, laid under the concrete screed. This system is much more expensive than at the stage of design and installation, but it is much cheaper to operate. The most advantageous to mount the water floor heating in homes with gas central heating.
How to insulate the floor cottage
In principle, for insulating the floor in a holiday homeYou can use any of the methods described above. The only feature of the room that needs to be taken into account - the irregular heating. If you do not live in the holiday home all year round and in winter sometimes come at the weekend, it is necessary to isolate the insulation and on the inside. Typically, in these homes should not be used as insulation mineral wool, because even with a slight contact with water, this material quickly becomes unfit for use.
Before the floor insulation in a private home, check to see if your foundation is insulated enough. Sometimes, foundation insulation eliminates the need for large-scale in-house work.
As you can see, the methods of warming the floor in the privatehome or at the cottage very much. Which one to choose, you decide. But remember that the results of research, almost two thirds of the heat leaves your home through the floor. Money spent on warming of the floor, will be saved in energy in just a few years. And all these years living in your home will be more comfortable.