Do plasterboard partitions with their hands
The long history of similar constructionblock houses has meant that in recent years, each of us strive to make your apartment as possible unlike any other, and the original. For the sake of consumer developers are increasingly being used in projects where flat falls to the buyer in the form of one large room, not divided by partitions. This apartment can be safely used as a studio apartment, and can be divided into the required number of rooms. For this enough to raise plasterboard partitions with their hands or with the help of hired crews.
- Why is it better plasterboard
- Installation of plasterboard partitions with their hands
- Drawing - a reasonable start for an excellent result
- Installation of the frame profiles
- Installation of a cut of plasterboard elements
- Organization of the doorway in the wall of plasterboard
- Installation of piping and wiring inside the plasterboard partitions
- Thermal insulation and sound insulation plasterboard partitions
Why is it better plasterboard
Plasterboard appeared in DIY storesrelatively recently, 10-15 years ago, all the piers and walls were built of brick or foam blocks. What is the advantage of this material is, and why it became so popular?
- A variety of profiles and the ability to give a sheet of drywall virtually any shape, allowing to implement even the most daring design ideas.
- Easy to install - installing plasterboard partitions to handle even a novice.
- Due to the porous structure of gypsum, the material passes pairs and therefore regulates humidity in the room.
- Special impregnation allows the use of HA in rooms with high humidity such as kitchen or bathroom.
- Due to its low weight, the partition ofDrywall does not create an excessive load on the building structure, which is important when major repairs of old wooden houses. And in the construction of "new building" the use of this technology allows for 25-30% reduction in the cost of concrete and rebar.
- The composition of gypsum board consists of only natural materials, making it completely harmless to human health.
Used for mounting partitions profile width of 50, 75 and 100 mm. Which to choose depends on its purpose - a narrow profile saves space, and a withstand heavy loads.
Installation of plasterboard partitions with their hands
Drawing - a reasonable start for an excellent result
Start necessary with the drawing. Fortunately, for the construction of the wall does not need to make complicated calculations.
Therefore, with the production drawing, you will easily cope on their own.
- Transfer to paper of the room in the right scale.
- Note the drawing place should be a partition. If the walls of several planned, start with the one that will be attached to the rest.
- Make a sketch of the front wall, whichApply a drawing bearing structure and sheets of drywall, staggered (horizontal joints between the sheets must be placed at different levels). On the joints need to provide the installation of horizontal crosspieces. This sketch is needed to prevent the occurrence of errors in the calculation of the material.
Important! Try to plan in advance which decor items and furniture will be hanging on your partition, and equip their place of mounting additional jumpers.
Before you make a partition of the drywall, you need to decide what kind of load it will carry. It depends on the number of required rack profile and their location.
Sheathe the different sides of your wall is necessaryso that the edges were in the different profiles. That is, if the right side of the wall joints sheets fall on the third, fifth and seventh rack, then they should be left to get on the second, fourth and sixth (when the distance between the profiles in 60cm). This is necessary for uniform load distribution within the structure. Be aware of this when drawing up schemes and the calculation of the material.
Required tools and materials: roulette, Prosekatel, metal scissors, pins, screws for plasterboard (25 mm), a knife for cutting drywall, marker level, plumb and screwdriver.
Installation of the frame profiles
When the drawing is ready, you can proceed to the construction of the supporting structure of the profiles.
- From the nearest wall in several places, measure the required distance and draw a line on the floor and the ceiling.
- On the guiding profiles, attach the self-adhesivesealing strips and profiles, in turn, lock the floor and ceiling. For this pre-drill holes for dowels. Step fixing rails profiles should not exceed 1m. The size of dowels depends on the floor and ceiling material. For fixing to the concrete slab using "bystromontazh" long 75 mm, and a wooden floor - the usual screws 45-50mm long.
Cutting profiles is most convenient for metal scissors, and if they do not, you can use the grinders.
- The first rack is installed flush profilethe wall on two sides and is fastened to the guide via Prosekatel. To improve the noise - and heat insulation, the profile is also advisable to paste over the sealing tape. Be sure to check the position of the profile level or metrostatom - it should stand vertically. Then it needs to be attached to the supporting wall by means of dowels, choice of size depends on the wall material: concrete - 75 mm, and for the marl walls of a private house - 120-140mm.
- You should now install the remaining rackprofiles. Their number depends on the projected load on the wall. If your design has only decorative character reception can be at a distance of 120 cm from each other. If you plan to hang on the wall a heavy cabinet - 40cm. Most often rack mounted under the edge of the sheet and a middle, i.e. at a distance of 60 cm from each other. And only the second rack profile should be set from 20 to 50 cm from the first. This is because a sheet of plasterboard is cut off thinning, and hence it becomes narrower.
Important! Whatever the distance between rack-mount profiles you choose, the edges of the sheets of drywall should always fall exactly on the center rack.
- Each rack to the guide profiles should be attached Prosekatel on both sides.
- If your partition length is not a multiple of the widthsheet, be careful not to have too narrow to mount a piece of plasterboard (30 cm) in one of the corners m. This is difficult work, and further can contribute to cracking.
- Where will be placed horizontaljoints sheets, you need to set the jumpers. This is done as follows: a pair of scissors cut the metal pieces Profile 10cm long, and fasten them to the posts at the desired height. Then paste it into the horizontal profile and fix Prosekatel.
The frame is ready, you can safely proceed to the Civil Code of installation.
Installation of a cut of plasterboard elements
- As you already know, from the edge of the first sheet of drywall, which will form an angle must be cut thinning.
Important! As long edge of each sheet passes HA thinning a width of about 10cm, it is necessary to oshpatlevyvaniya and after laying, the joints become inconspicuous.
- We put the first sheet of the Civil Code so that itUncut edge accurately matches the profile of the center, and fix the screws to the Civil Code, 25mm long. Step on the edge of the mounting plate must not exceed 20 cm, and in the middle of the plate - no more than 30cm.
Important! Do not twist the screw in the corner of the sheet - it will break. Stand back from the corner at least 5-10 cm.
- We fix the rest of the sheets in accordance with the proposed scheme.
Organization of the doorway in the wall of plasterboard
If provided in the partition of the drywall doorway, It is with its organization and should start work. More specifically, after the installation of the guide profiles, set the rack profiles fortified doorway.
I beg all to take lumber to length andthe thickness of a little less than the width of the profile and insert it into the profiles forming the doorway. That is to say, if the partition is mounted in the profile width of 100mm, width of 95mm timber take, we insert it into the profile and fix with screws for wood in steps of 15-20 cm.
If no timber can be strengthened rack guide profile. For this purpose it is necessary to connect with rackmount profile with screws for metal.
Then, the remaining racks are mounted as mentioned above.
Door jumper is installed between uprights reinforced as follows:
- Measure the distance between the posts.
- To this value add 20 cm and cut a piece of length profile obtained.
- On each end of the profile mark of 10 cm and a notch parallel to its side, without cutting the widest part.
- Then bend the profile in place of the notch 90 degrees (like the inside).
Jumper ready. Fasten it above the doorway, parts in the correct distance from the floor. If you want to install the heavy door, you cross the jumper too, need to be strengthened. The same principle can be made and other transverse jumpers used when mounting frame.
Installation of piping and wiring inside the plasterboard partitions
And another important advantage possessPlasterboard interior partitions - with their own hands, you can not just build a wall, but also to hide the water pipes and electrical wires. This is done at the stage of the frame assembly. On the water pipes must be put on the insulation, it will help prevent condensation. Wiring inside the walls should be installed only horizontally, and certainly in a special corrugation. It not only helps protect the wire from damage, but in the event of a fire, releases the gas, which prevents the combustion.
Thermal insulation and sound insulation plasterboard partitions
You can insulate the partition, if necessary, andalso improve the sound insulation between rooms. Once you have completed HA sheathe one side walls, it is necessary to lay between the uprights insulating material. As a rule, it is rock wool or polystyrene foam.
Important! If you choose to isolate the walls polystyrene plates, remember that it is a combustible material. In recent years, manufacturers are trying to get rid of this shortcoming, and treated with fire retardant their products. Expanded polystyrene, treated flame retardant is marked PSB-S.
Now that you know how to do Inside the septum. Agree, it's just enough. The same principle can be turned into a studio apartment in a comfortable accommodation for a young family - to organize a separate nursery, separate kitchen, etc. And most importantly -.. In this apartment everything will be exactly as you want. Your home will be an original, not only on finishing, but also in the planning. And in a standard apartment with the help of drywall partitions can bring a certain flavor. And as a private home provides unlimited scope for the imagination.