Installation and adjustment of the door closer on the door
Door Closer is a mechanism,which provides a smooth closing doors automatically. Correct installation and adjustment of the door closer on the door ensures the correct operation of the locking devices and helps maintain the optimum temperature in the room, keeping warm in winter and cool in the air conditioning in the summer heat.
The prototype of the modern door closer is an ordinary spring, simply fixed to the door. Closing a door certainly accompanied by a strong cotton, it brings a certain inconvenience.
- The main parameters of the choice of door closer
- How to install a device on the door with his own hands
- Standard mounting accessories for smooth finishing
- Adjusting the door closer
The basis of the door closer works as laid springplaced in a metal casing which is filled with a special oil. To slow and smooth closing doors hydraulic principles were implemented: the transformation of the mechanical force applied at the time of opening, the slowdown in the subsequent closing of the door.
Closer working on the next one, simple enough principle:
- at the time of opening the door to them a certain force is applied;
- spring compression occurs through the linkage rod, piston, and the closer the output axis;
- Exempt from the piston of the housing is filled with oil;
- at the time of closing the doors spring gradually expands, and oil flows into position.
Adjustable door latching is done by specially installed control valves which influence the closing speed.
The main parameters of the choice of door closer
Set closers available as conventional interior doors and external barriers or gates.
When choosing door closer must first pay attention to the following parameters:
1. Door weight and dimensions of the door leaf
The main parameter of any door closer is itspower or otherwise force the door closed. Therefore, the wider the door leaf and the door harder, the more power he should have. Sometimes, to increase efforts at large-fences should be installed just two closers.
Standardization efforts latching calculatedbased on the European standard EN 1154, defining closers seven different classes (EN1 - EN7). Following the recommendations standards Class EN1 closer designed for narrow and light doors, and closer to the broad class EN7 and massive input barriers. When set to the usual internal and external small door closers it is recommended to use 3-5 classes.
2. Ability to adjust the parameters of the door closer
The main parameters of the door closer adjustment can be noted:
- closing force;
- closing speed.
A number of mechanisms designed to address the additional tasks shall be equipped with a broad functionality:
- wind brake (Back Check), which protects the door from hitting the wall with a sharp opening or gusts of wind. At the same time in some models has a function of setting the angle of operation;
- closing delay (Delay Action) will delay the closing of the door for a short period of time, which is very convenient for carrying small loads;
- function HOLD OPEN - is the possibility of fixing a rigid door in the open position; stepless adjustment of the spring force.
3. The traction device type
Depending on the design of the door installation and profile conditions closer completed the following types of traction devices:
- standard traction device;
- device with a sliding arm;
- Rod with a lock open position.
4. The method of fixing the door closer
By way of installation, the following types of door closers:
- SMD, when the device is mounted directly on the doorframe or fabric;
- for outdoor installation when installed closer to the floor and can simultaneously serve as supporting hinges for doors;
- with concealed door closer type of installation is placed inside the leaf.
5. Operating temperature range
Installation of the door closer on the door requiresmandatory accounting modalities and potential fluctuations in ambient temperature. Today went on sale a model with an interval from minus 35C to plus 70C. Also established closers, designed to work in very cold conditions - down to minus 45C.
6. The service life and protection against vandalism
Closer external doors should have high reliability and vandal-proof characteristics, and have a long service life.
Parameters such as the reliability and service lifeare determined on the basis of European standard EN 1154 and depend on a minimum number of doors opening-closing cycles without deterioration in performance. As standard, the door closer must work at least 500 000 cycles. In addition, the housing outer coil units must be made of durable materials that are not subject to corrosion processes.
7. The design of the door closer
The exterior of the door closer in many waysdetermined by its functional purpose. This can be miniaturized devices made in any color, and a massive steel structure in white, dark brown and silver-gray design.
There are also a number of additional parameters,that should look for when choosing a door closer. This includes the frequency of operation of the door, quality door hinges and installed fixtures, the presence of electromechanical locks on the doors and external doors - the permanent presence of drafts.
How to install a device on the door with his own hands
Regardless of the type of doors and mounting features for mounting the door closer with your hands, you will need:
A. To install the door closer housing:
- assembly, corner and suspended platinum;
- plate for fastening.
B. For the sliding channel:
- corner plate;
- mounting plate.
Prior to installation, the door closer is necessary to pay attention to the parameters of the door opening.
It may be left-handed or right-handed doors opening as "myself" and "the."
When installing door closer on the outside door opening inside the enclosure should be placed on the door leaf, and the base of the lever on the door frame.
When the door opening "on themselves" closer mounted on the door frame, and the base of the lever is mounted on the door leaf.
ATTENTION! Do not use the door closer as a door opening limiter! It is recommended to use special door stops. You must also ensure that children are not riding on the self-closing doors.
Standard mounting accessories for smooth finishing
The standard door closer includes:
- lever arm;
- wiring diagram.
For convenience, the majority of manufacturers are making closers fixing scheme in full size. This allows you to use it for precision marking the closer attachment.
- By selecting the optimum angle of the door opening in the description of the appended table, and using the scheme, it is necessary to partition the 4 holes for latching and 2 holes on the door box.
- Drill the marked holes.
- Next to the door jamb secure latching lever with screws.
- By placing the main square latching lever on the axis and secure it using the fixing screw.
- Carefully fix the door closer body. In this nut, which adjusts the spring force must be placed opposite the hinge.
- It is necessary to adjust the length of the variable lever so that it is positioned perpendicular to the door frame, and connect it with the main lever.
- Attach a small decorative cap directly under the square housing the closer axis.
- Adjust all the required parameters latching operation.
Adjusting the door closer
Quality installation door closer - itpledge its efficiency, so adjust door closers must be done directly at the time of installation mechanism. Properly mounted door closer allows the door leaf to close smoothly and without jerks.
However, during the operation it becomes necessary readjusted. we recommend the following tips for troubleshooting in the door closer:
- With too low or, conversely, too fast closing of doors is necessary to adjust the control valve closers.
- To increase or decrease the "latching action" speed adjustment using the second valve.
- Adjustment of the spring force and the angle of the door opening takes place by means of an adjusting nut.
- In order to maintain the door in the open position is sufficient to tighten the clamp. To unlock, simply close the door.
All adjustments are made in the course of, or counter-clockwise. The direction of movement will depend on the desired result.
ATTENTION! To door closer function effectively, it is prohibited to prop the door foreign objects or hang heavy things on them.
Twice a year it is recommended to change the grease in the joints of the arms of the compounds. Also, every six months require adjustment of the door closer.