Disadvantages and advantages of suspended ceilings
The times when among the options of finishing the ceilingmost innovative has been sticking to the ceiling wallpaper, are gone forever. Today welcome any experiments with form (curved and multi-ceiling structures, moldings), and the contents (for decoration use wood, plastic, foam, mirror cloth), and performance options. Additional points are allocated ceilings, attracting perfectly smooth surface of the surface and the variety of colors. The aesthetic benefits of suspended ceilings are obvious, but what about the eco-friendliness? Available if the material for such kind of arrangement of the ceiling? Durable it? - Consider in detail what constitutes ceilings - the pros and cons of the appearance, performance, installation.
- Criteria for a thorough assessment
- Varieties of suspended ceilings
- Evaluation of performance
- The main advantages of suspended ceilings
- Disadvantages stretch ceiling
Defined for the start of the criteria of evaluation version of the ceiling arrangement.
Criteria for a thorough assessment
- The performance characteristics.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Easy installation.
The device of a stretch ceiling is quite simple -it is strongly stretched thin PVC film or polyester fabric. Fixing material by means of special brackets (baguettes) firmly attached to the wall or ceiling (depending on the shape of the future construction).
Due to the large variety of textures andcoloring material can create incredible combinations in the interior. Consider a simplified classification of suspended ceilings for external PVC film characteristics.
Varieties of suspended ceilings
- Varnish - forms a smooth surface with low reflectivity, more than 100 colors. The darker the color of the ceiling, the more intensively expressed reflectance.
- Matt - most similar to the conventional option of finishing the outside, but the execution is different fundamentally. No glare or mirror effect.
- With the effect of "metallic" - a ceiling similar tolacquer, but the resulting surface does not reflect like a mirror and reflects the light from the flickering characteristic of metal. The cost of the film of this variety is slightly higher than usual.
- Satin smooth ceiling is different terrain, it is similar to matte, not glare. The light is reflected only slightly from the surface, forming a hint of pearl.
- Pearl - surface shimmers in different shades.
- With photo printing.
- Since optical fibers.
- Miscellaneous textured (imitation texture of suede, wood, leather).
In the beauty and color saturation with tensionceiling can not be compared painted drywall constructions, no filler and plastered surface of the concrete slab. The film creates a perfectly smooth surface, hiding any defects of the base ceiling: cracks at the joints plates, crumbling whitewash or lagging on the edges of the wallpaper. As a result of the mandatory list of excluded time-consuming preparatory work (thorough surface leveling, etc.) and finishing.
Drywall constructions, for comparison, aftermounting, putty, sanding, painting, and the suspended ceiling is installed quickly (within hours). Thus, given the cost of materials produced by preparatory and finishing work ceilings, even at a higher initial cost, less expensive in the end.
Evaluation of performance
The ceilings of PVC film is perfectly washed, not afraid of moisture, they do not burn. Serious company manufacturers provide a ten-year service life of its products, the actual operation term more than two times.
In addition, high-quality film is so strong,that is capable of withstanding the weight of about 100 liters of water per m2, which is especially valuable in the case of flooding from the top neighbors. Similar albeit rarely, but it happens. Plasterboard structures (even in the case of a moisture-resistant board) is not designed for direct contact with water.
Stretch ceiling is environmentally friendly, has anti-dust properties. Based on the above information, you can list the main advantages of using ceiling arrangement
The main advantages of suspended ceilings
- fire safety;
- environmental friendliness;
- quick installation, low cost;
- masking effect.
Among the many advantages there is lack of space, we are objective in the assessment.
Disadvantages stretch ceiling
- with tension ceilings must be careful handling, are easily damaged by sharp objects and can not be repaired in the home;
- Installation is carried out only with the use of highly specialized expensive equipment;
- on glossy PVC ceiling slightly visible welds;
- the film loses strength at low temperatures (below 0 ° C);
- Power used spotlights limited.
To summarize this information. The fastest and easiest way to get a flat, smooth surface of the ceiling is the arrangement of the structure of the cloth, mounted on a metal or plastic profile (suspended ceiling). From a practical point of view, the suspended ceiling is one of the most versatile: suitable for performance characteristics for any premises. An important point - the sensitivity to high and low temperatures. Installation of a stretch ceiling requires appropriate qualifications and a certain caution in the work.